iPad Pro 2021

Firestone

Reaction score
For me I took a 12.9” for real estate. For portability will get mini instead. 11” is too heavy and unwieldy IMO to hold for long time

for me. Cellular is a most. Just can’t be bothered to tether for internet, since I’m outside like 12 hrs per day without wifi network

I will recommend 2021 over 2020 unless you have good lobang. The limitation is the os. And you can save the $ for something else

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks tohchr and snoweagle for the inputs. I think 11” makes more sense for me since anything more powerful I can always use my MBP. 5G not a factor for me because i will be getting the WiFi version. Even if I bought the cellular version, 5G from our telcos will probably be rather costly, so I’ll just stick to my hotspot.

I use my M1 MBP mainly at home only and I really appreciate the performance as compared to my 2015 15" model, just that the screen is smaller.

I've been using wifi-only models for all my history of iPads (mini, mini 2, mini 4, 2017 10.5" Pro and 2018 11" Pro) so my 11" M1 Pro is my first cellular model. My main reason is 5G so just want to have a go at it. 😁

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use my M1 MBP mainly at home only and I really appreciate the performance as compared to my 2015 15" model, just that the screen is smaller.

I've been using wifi-only models for all my history of iPads (mini, mini 2, mini 4, 2017 10.5" Pro and 2018 11" Pro) so my 11" M1 Pro is my first cellular model. My main reason is 5G so just want to have a go at it. 😁
Once u have a taste of forbidden fruit(5G), I think next gen ipad u will go for 5G version again. Never look back due to the convenient if u needs to travel around.

PetPet

Reaction score
Haha I’m opposite of that.
had the cellular version for two generations and I realise I never really brought the iPad out of my home so I’m going Wi-Fi this generation to save some money.

Now with Covid I think the use case of the cellular version would be even lesser (at least for me)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once u have a taste of forbidden fruit(5G), I think next gen ipad u will go for 5G version again. Never look back due to the convenient if u needs to travel around.

Haha yes yes. Before this, I was always tethering to my iPhone, now I just take it out an use it instantly.

Mine's under M1's SIM-only plan, $20/mth with extra $5 for 5G booster. Now I'm getting 40GB for first 12 mths, thereafter is back to the original 30GB which is still a lot.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
had the cellular version for two generations and I realise I never really brought the iPad out of my home so I’m going Wi-Fi this generation to save some money.

Now with Covid I think the use case of the cellular version would be even lesser (at least for me)

I always thought I didn't wish to spend on another subscription, hence wifi-only iPads. But this M1 is an exception and I also don't have any WFH at all so it's pretty useful.

KwayChup

Reaction score
But if I get 2020 version, can save $200 though, so not sure yet.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Good for u in a way that u need not get out often getting yourself exposed to risks. I often need to travel to sites few times a week for meetings. Well, that’s why 5G version will be more convenient for me.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$200 in exchange for better processor more ram, better processor is much future proof. This is my own opinion if u are just getting a new iPad instead of upgrading existing iPad. If u already had the 2020 iPad Pro, then save the money altogether, no need to upgrade unless doing intensive resource kind of thing like creating 4K videos.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

$200 isn't really a lot considering all the upgrades you'll get. I was also in your situation before selling off my 2018 Pro, thinking if I should just get the 2020 model at a much lower price. But I bit the bullet and just went for the M1 model and never regretted, partly was also inspired by the performance of my M1 MBP.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fair enough toucher & snoweagle, I'll get the 2021 then! Any accessories to recommend?

Accessories varies with individual's needs. If you type a lot like myself, a keyboard case is a must, then add the Pencil for notes taking or drawing if you like.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you want to try 5G, you should've gotten the US model with mmWave or wait for the next iteration.

The current 5G is only half baked like the 5G network in Singapore.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
actually lazmall has the 12.9" version all kinds of variant. and they deliver quite fast too. and its lesser than retail. unless you are planning to try and then return it then yea go back to apple to buy.

LIN_JOEL

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can take a look at courts.
I compared the 12.9” WiFi 1TB is $1,200 differences.
Apple 2021: $2,699
Courts 2020: $1,498
However this variant left 1 set and never stated it’s new or display.
There are other variants got more sets and discount is between 21% to 33% OFF RRP.

KwayChup

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads ups, price is real good for 2020 model. Makes me ponder again... but A12Z seems like a 2018 processor... sigh

limpe84

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads ups, price is real good for 2020 model. Makes me ponder again... but A12Z seems like a 2018 processor... sigh
It is. And I guess the concern always is that Apple subsequently reveals some new feature or app that only runs on M1 chips. Or imagine the developer for Zoom announces they are bringing the full Zoom desktop app to the iPad, but only for the M1 models. Then you really bang heart.

LIN_JOEL

Master Member
Reaction score
Erm A12Z is 2018 model, so Courts product name and description is wrong?
Sorry I never follow iPad so dunno about the processor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.