iPhone 12 Series

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
I dare say that the mini might sell very well in today’s market. I notice quite a lot of friends are done w big phones.
 

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
14,876
Reaction score
4,878
It’s quite similar to iPhone 8. Only shorter.

I think the mini is great. Extremely pocket friendly (both $$$ and physically). I’m 45, using progressive glasses. And I’m enjoying the feature rich & fast iPhone 12 in a much smaller form factor.
 

Shawny88

Master Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2016
Messages
4,084
Reaction score
1,057
I think the mini is great. Extremely pocket friendly (both $$$ and physically). I’m 45, using progressive glasses. And I’m enjoying the feature rich & fast iPhone 12 in a much smaller form factor.

Don’t you find the texts and keyboard are tiny? Bad for the eyes in the long run I think
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
Anyone using citibank card on apple pay ?
I have a issue here it seems like I’m unable to add my citii cc on apple pay wallet.
Called hotline and they claimed their end no problem , need me to ask Apple instead but i add posb cc no problem though.
Headache lol
Citibank has this issue that if you wipe your device without removing the card. The card will still be marked as "active" on Citibank's backend.

Each Citibank CC can have up to 4 virtual cards if I recall correctly. Anymore you'll hit the error.
You'll need to call them up to help you "deactivate" the cards.
 

keechiu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,443
Reaction score
163
You’re referring to using normal Qi charger? Normal wireless charger confirm charge slower. Even with MagSafe you’re still losing to traditional cable charging because there bound to have energy losses through wireless.

If you have limited time need your phone to charge fast just get the 20w charger :o

Why the 12PM charged super super slow with non Apple wireless charger 😭😭😭
 

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
12 mini owners. Might want to check your Lock Screen touch sensitivity when you have a case on. Went to istudio to check an original apple leather case I bought from them. Turned out every other case I tried in the store has the same problem. Touch sensitivity of the Lock Screen is extremely poor and erratic. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to return the leather case cos it is not a case defect.

And when I was leaving the store, a lady came up to me and said she had the exact same problem with her mini!

Heavily discussed here . Hopefully it’s a software bug and not hardware issue

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-12-mini-not-responding-to-touch-correctly-on-lock-screen.2267949/page-5

Posted from PCWX using iPhone13,1
 

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
18,423
Reaction score
166
How is the mini battery life so far? Reason I’m asking if because I have intention to change my mum ip8 to mini.

I think the mini is great. Extremely pocket friendly (both $$$ and physically). I’m 45, using progressive glasses. And I’m enjoying the feature rich & fast iPhone 12 in a much smaller form factor.
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
Anyone able to get their googlepay Singapore to work?

No nfc icon anywhere...

Just back to iOS after 5 years.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Lol, am i missing something here, currently on m1 and previously, on my iPhone 11, I am unable to answer call and use the net at the same time.

But now, on i12 Pro Max, it's doable. :s11:
 

chins

Senior Member
Joined
May 11, 2001
Messages
988
Reaction score
20

Yes the issue is driving me nuts. Unlocking the phone with the mask on is such a tremendous pain now, and it is almost impossible to get the camera shortcut to work too. So hard to just get a quick photo. Super regret getting the phone from Lazada cos I cannot return it since it is used.

For those considering 12 mini, I suggest you hold off your purchase until this is solved, unless you want to use your phone without a case.
 

nokianseries

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
701
Reaction score
5
The haptic buttons are wonky too

Yes the issue is driving me nuts. Unlocking the phone with the mask on is such a tremendous pain now, and it is almost impossible to get the camera shortcut to work too. So hard to just get a quick photo. Super regret getting the phone from Lazada cos I cannot return it since it is used.

For those considering 12 mini, I suggest you hold off your purchase until this is solved, unless you want to use your phone without a case.
 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
just read through the extensive feedback on mr on the lock screen touch issue on 12mini.
glad to report that all is well on my side with psaj rubber black casing and zeelot SP with the border and speaker mesh

i put on the SP and casing almost immediately after receiving phone. and never had any touch issue on lock screen.

i don't have a magsafe case to test. so that's that...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top