iPhone 12 Series

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277

lonerzboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
654
Reaction score
10
So, i know this is not an iphone 12 issue, but theres no general ios thread for me to ask this.

I recently just switched back to ios and started buying some apps.

But the price of the app and what was being charged by posb doesnt tally.

Example, the app coat 8.98, but on my bank transaction history it shows as 9.28.

I know its not a lot of money, but im curious about this additional charge.

I believe the price of the app shown in the app store alr includes gst.

Apologies for the newbie question!
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,479
Reaction score
4,208
So, i know this is not an iphone 12 issue, but theres no general ios thread for me to ask this.

I recently just switched back to ios and started buying some apps.

But the price of the app and what was being charged by posb doesnt tally.

Example, the app coat 8.98, but on my bank transaction history it shows as 9.28.

I know its not a lot of money, but im curious about this additional charge.

I believe the price of the app shown in the app store alr includes gst.

Apologies for the newbie question!

I think is tax or they charge in USD then convert back to SGD?
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,482
Reaction score
3,168
So, i know this is not an iphone 12 issue, but theres no general ios thread for me to ask this.

I recently just switched back to ios and started buying some apps.

But the price of the app and what was being charged by posb doesnt tally.

Example, the app coat 8.98, but on my bank transaction history it shows as 9.28.

I know its not a lot of money, but im curious about this additional charge.

I believe the price of the app shown in the app store alr includes gst.

Apologies for the newbie question!

it’s e cross border fee. been there since e beginning.
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
So, i know this is not an iphone 12 issue, but theres no general ios thread for me to ask this.

I recently just switched back to ios and started buying some apps.

But the price of the app and what was being charged by posb doesnt tally.

Example, the app coat 8.98, but on my bank transaction history it shows as 9.28.

I know its not a lot of money, but im curious about this additional charge.

I believe the price of the app shown in the app store alr includes gst.

Apologies for the newbie question!

I believe that one way to circumvent this problem is to buy iTunes gift cards and use it to finance your Apple purchases.
 

astrntmnky

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
So, i know this is not an iphone 12 issue, but theres no general ios thread for me to ask this.

I recently just switched back to ios and started buying some apps.

But the price of the app and what was being charged by posb doesnt tally.

Example, the app coat 8.98, but on my bank transaction history it shows as 9.28.

I know its not a lot of money, but im curious about this additional charge.

I believe the price of the app shown in the app store alr includes gst.

Apologies for the newbie question!

Are you on local (SG) appstore?
 

inhixcode

Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Oh wow! Are you happy with the mini? Or wish to go back to 11 Pro? I have the chance of choosing both for recontract hehe

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 8

11 Pro is the best phone I've ever used.

12 mini is the happiest phone in a long time. I like small phone, so you can know that I've been waiting for a phone like this since the 5S time (7 years).

It's not the best, but the compromise (telephoto lens, battery life) is something I can deal with to make myself happy (with 12 mini).
 

inhixcode

Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Mind sharing with us the average screen on time you get and your usage habits? Definitely need mid-day charge?

I don't remember. I just took a screenshot of my battery usage. A screenshot speaks a thousand words (I hope).

CAxbu0x.jpg
 

lonerzboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
654
Reaction score
10
Are you on local (SG) appstore?
Yeap I am.

@lonerzboy: correct calculation is 8.98 + 1% = S$9.07.
The 1% is cross border fee?

I believe that one way to circumvent this problem is to buy iTunes gift cards and use it to finance your Apple purchases.
Oh good idea! Thanks.
Is like tax translate to sgd
translate from which currency?

it’s e cross border fee. been there since e beginning.

Oh didnt know theres such a thing. The cross border fee is 1%?
Cant remember if theres such a thing when I purchase apps on Google Play Store.
 
Last edited:

ellei_ram

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi, anyone here using iphone 12 series having notification sounds with the Grab app on his iphone? My iphone 12 mini does not have any sound whenever there are pop up notifications and messages for my grabfood deliveries to me. Banners, Sounds, Badges are turned on in the Settings. My other apps have notification sounds and my iphone is not on Silent mode. Any help? Thanks in advance.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top