iPhone 12 Series

pnutbutterwulf

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
there are many camps on battery charging. i used to plug in my 7+ to keep it always fully charged. 4 years later now it still has 81% battery life.

But now with my other new phones, i discharge till 20%+ before charging to 80%+ most of the time. I seldom charge to 100% nowadays.

It is still not very clear which is the most correct methods to charge/discharge battery, but the former seems to be popular now.

I actually did the same routine for my all my phones all this while. Was on Android platform before, and I remembered downloading AccuBattery and I followed the instructions as to how to preserve battery life.

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 8
 

pnutbutterwulf

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
12 mini user here. No software or hardware issue. Guess it's depending on luck. I love the size.

Only issue is with battery life. My previous iPhone is 11 Pro so it's obvious that I'm used to that level of battery life. Now back to "normal" battery life, it feels so unreal that I have to charge my 12 mini more frequently.

Happy to answer any questions about 12 mini.

Oh wow! Are you happy with the mini? Or wish to go back to 11 Pro? I have the chance of choosing both for recontract hehe

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 8
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
12 mini user here. No software or hardware issue. Guess it's depending on luck. I love the size.

Only issue is with battery life. My previous iPhone is 11 Pro so it's obvious that I'm used to that level of battery life. Now back to "normal" battery life, it feels so unreal that I have to charge my 12 mini more frequently.

Happy to answer any questions about 12 mini.

Mind sharing with us the average screen on time you get and your usage habits? Definitely need mid-day charge?
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
Reddit opinions are generally very favourable of the Mini. I think having a fast charger will be important with a Mini since you can quickly top up as needed
 

SMLeir

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2011
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
I know that many people have encountered this issue, but either they didn't post updates of their resolution or there simply isn't one.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max's display is extremely warm/ yellow compared to my old iPhone 7plus. I have True Tone turned OFF. I have also read about "the glue from manufacturing still curing, causing the warm tone - which some have said was baloney". May I know if anyone else is facing the same issue, and how did you fix it? Is this a faulty display?
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,479
Reaction score
4,208
I know that many people have encountered this issue, but either they didn't post updates of their resolution or there simply isn't one.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max's display is extremely warm/ yellow compared to my old iPhone 7plus. I have True Tone turned OFF. I have also read about "the glue from manufacturing still curing, causing the warm tone - which some have said was baloney". May I know if anyone else is facing the same issue, and how did you fix it? Is this a faulty display?

Tbh, every new iPhone’s screen is warmer from the previous model. Been at it since 3GS until now, every generation got ppl say warm screen. I think basically is screen lottery. Some is more cool, some is more warm. I’m alright with it.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
Set this two settings to off

gFQB55o.jpg


Posted from PCWX using iPhone13,4

How u get this widget??
 

keechiu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
163
Quite amazed by the battery life of 12 pro max. Previous phone was 11 pro max and normally before I end work my phone will be at around 20-30% battery left. One thing to note is I’ll normally charge my phone overnight and will start my day at 100% battery.

Full charged and unplugged my 12 pro max before I sleep last night, had a short video call and scrolled social media before I sleep. Continue to use the phone as it is during the day, before I left work it’s still above 30% battery :eek:

Of course it’s an unfair comparison as my 11 pro max battery health was 88% before i replace it with 12 pro max. But the battery is not bad after all!
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,479
Reaction score
4,208
Quite amazed by the battery life of 12 pro max. Previous phone was 11 pro max and normally before I end work my phone will be at around 20-30% battery left. One thing to note is I’ll normally charge my phone overnight and will start my day at 100% battery.

Full charged and unplugged my 12 pro max before I sleep last night, had a short video call and scrolled social media before I sleep. Continue to use the phone as it is during the day, before I left work it’s still above 30% battery :eek:

Of course it’s an unfair comparison as my 11 pro max battery health was 88% before i replace it with 12 pro max. But the battery is not bad after all!

My experience is different from yours. My iPhone 11 Pro Max battery health 96%. Somehow I feel iPhone 11 Pro Max battery last longer a bit than this iPhone 12 Pro Max. Maybe need a little more calibration of the battery to be accurate but yeah, battery life is good ;)
 

sylves

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
708
Reaction score
14
did anyone face issue with using backtap "safeentry scan" shortcut after you update to IOS 14.2?
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277

Ibodnano

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
48
Having both then 11 pro max and 12 pro max and testing both in the same scene over the past few days, I can safely say that the 12PM is superior to the 11PM.

Only issue is that the min focusing distance is higher for the 12 PM

Well the guy at allaboutwindowsphone is a trusted camera reviewer. I has been following him since Symbian era
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,479
Reaction score
4,208
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top