iPhone 12 Series

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,303
Reaction score
9,039
Did you read about this somewhere? A lot of theories about this battery saver thingy. From what I know and read, it’s good to charge till 80% only to save battery life. Once in awhile then I’ll charge to 100%.

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 8

there are many camps on battery charging. i used to plug in my 7+ to keep it always fully charged. 4 years later now it still has 81% battery life.

But now with my other new phones, i discharge till 20%+ before charging to 80%+ most of the time. I seldom charge to 100% nowadays.

It is still not very clear which is the most correct methods to charge/discharge battery, but the former seems to be popular now.
 

roronoa_zoro

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2020
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
266
Why is the screen so yellow.. omg

Set this two settings to off

gFQB55o.jpg


Posted from PCWX using iPhone13,4
 

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
6,466
Reaction score
96
wah i was considering switching from 12 to 12 mini to be honest...

but not everyone has issues with the lock screen leh, is it a luck thing? hmm..

This is the thing that is holding me out for awhile from getting the mini. Hope it’s a software issue. Sian.

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 8
 

skyrain

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
0
A lot of the pro max users here. Mini seen very few and not much review for it. Example, the touch of it, will it hurt ur eyes since the phone is so small? I play some games like candy crush, bingo bash and animal crossing, will battery flat easily? I’m using iPhone X now and I charge twice a day.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,303
Reaction score
9,039
A lot of the pro max users here. Mini seen very few and not much review for it. Example, the touch of it, will it hurt ur eyes since the phone is so small? I play some games like candy crush, bingo bash and animal crossing, will battery flat easily? I’m using iPhone X now and I charge twice a day.

mini is not for games imo...

i've played with the mini. i initially thought the fonts will be too small, but i find it readable after using it. got to try it to know...
 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
been tracking the iphone 12 mini lock screen touch insensitivity issue with interest.

symptoms of insensitivity on lock screen:
A) touch swipe up to unlock not registered
B) touch passcode to unlock not registered
C) haptic touch on torch and camera not registered

conditions for the above to happen:
1) with screen protector
2) with casing (with cutout for power button, casing not touching power button)
3) with casing covering/touching power button
4) with apple magsafe casing
5) without casing but phone on table (ie hands not touching frame)


for folks with the above symptoms. pls share under what conditions.
From what i read, no SP + no casing = no issues.
Let me know if I miss out on any symptoms or conditions.

I have not experience any symptoms under 1+2, 1+3, 1+5. Sorry not going to remove SP to test.

imho if i experience any symptoms, will have return my set in a heart beat as it seems likely to be:
a)grounding issue
b)low power state on the panel with Y-OCTA in lockedmode.
grounding issue is hardware related and not easy to work around in software and thats the reason i am tracking this issue.
 
Last edited:

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
A lot of the pro max users here. Mini seen very few and not much review for it. Example, the touch of it, will it hurt ur eyes since the phone is so small? I play some games like candy crush, bingo bash and animal crossing, will battery flat easily? I’m using iPhone X now and I charge twice a day.

you can see on ip6,ip7,ip8,ipse2020?
screen width is the same. text size and content also same.

i see equally well on mini as i do on 11pro if that matters.
 

Besaid

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2015
Messages
198
Reaction score
12
Is it a known issue that TraceTogether can affect the connection with Airpod Pro? Its getting frustrating that whenever crowds gather near the QR code, the BT connection will go crazy and the only fix seems to be swiping away the TT app and off-on the BT toggle.
 

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
6,466
Reaction score
96
very detailed lol

been tracking the iphone 12 mini lock screen touch insensitivity issue with interest.

symptoms of insensitivity on lock screen:
A) touch swipe up to unlock not registered
B) touch passcode to unlock not registered
C) haptic touch on torch and camera not registered

conditions for the above to happen:
1) with screen protector
2) with casing (with cutout for power button, casing not touching power button)
3) with casing covering/touching power button
4) with apple magsafe casing
5) without casing but phone on table (ie hands not touching frame)


for folks with the above symptoms. pls share under what conditions.
From what i read, no SP + no casing = no issues.
Let me know if I miss out on any symptoms or conditions.

I have not experience any symptoms under 1+2, 1+3, 1+5. Sorry not going to remove SP to test.

imho if i experience any symptoms, will have return my set in a heart beat as it seems likely to be a)grounding issue b)low power state on the panel with Y-OCTA. and thats the reason i am tracking this issue.
 

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
6,544
Reaction score
79
Is it a known issue that TraceTogether can affect the connection with Airpod Pro? Its getting frustrating that whenever crowds gather near the QR code, the BT connection will go crazy and the only fix seems to be swiping away the TT app and off-on the BT toggle.

this issue hasn't been documented yet but it is possible by the fact that TraceTogether BT will be actively exchanging ID with other BT devices when it's within transmission range, which in turn may max out the data rate and cause potential issue.

if you did not have the issue before using TT and only have it after using TT, you can try not using TT for a while for check in and see if this issue persists. If it doesn't, then we can safely say that TT is bugged and should be reported to the developer to fix..
 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Is it a known issue that TraceTogether can affect the connection with Airpod Pro? Its getting frustrating that whenever crowds gather near the QR code, the BT connection will go crazy and the only fix seems to be swiping away the TT app and off-on the BT toggle.

physics 101. limited spectrum bandwidth + hordes of devices = all suffer together... lol
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
That’s strange because I have other TWS that aren’t affected during SafeEntry check-ins. Sennheiser, Sony, no problem

Unless your check-in area got a LOT of people who always get hung up there lah
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,482
Reaction score
3,168
A lot of the pro max users here. Mini seen very few and not much review for it. Example, the touch of it, will it hurt ur eyes since the phone is so small? I play some games like candy crush, bingo bash and animal crossing, will battery flat easily? I’m using iPhone X now and I charge twice a day.

 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
That’s strange because I have other TWS that aren’t affected during SafeEntry check-ins. Sennheiser, Sony, no problem

Unless your check-in area got a LOT of people who always get hung up there lah

i experience it on sony, bose, xiaomi as well as apple. only happens when it's very very crowded. and i don't even have TT app installed on phone.
in sg.. everyone will be a walking bluetooth transponder very soon. bye bye to bluetooth streaming in very crowded areas
 

inhixcode

Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
12 mini user here. No software or hardware issue. Guess it's depending on luck. I love the size.

Only issue is with battery life. My previous iPhone is 11 Pro so it's obvious that I'm used to that level of battery life. Now back to "normal" battery life, it feels so unreal that I have to charge my 12 mini more frequently.

Happy to answer any questions about 12 mini.
 

pnutbutterwulf

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
A lot of the pro max users here. Mini seen very few and not much review for it. Example, the touch of it, will it hurt ur eyes since the phone is so small? I play some games like candy crush, bingo bash and animal crossing, will battery flat easily? I*********m using iPhone X now and I charge twice a day.

Me coming from iP 8 should be fine. 😀

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 8
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top