iPhone 12 Series

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
If my current XS usage is around 84GB.

Should I just get a 128?

Any opinions?


Do you take a lot of photos and videos? If yes, better get 256. While iCloud can manage the storage of these files, you need to upload to cloud.

Ever encountered taking too many photos and videos, coupled with slow wifi at hotel, and lack storage

If you hardly take photos and videos, then likely 128 is enough
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
For me it's 3GB on Documents, 20GB on Photos, 47GB on Music, 58GB on Apps, 162GB on Videos.

Hopefully with some discipline, I can survive with 256GB storage. Man, SD Cards spoilt me...
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
For me it's 3GB on Documents, 20GB on Photos, 47GB on Music, 58GB on Apps, 162GB on Videos.

Hopefully with some discipline, I can survive with 256GB storage. Man, SD Cards spoilt me...

512 is better. For just 15% more, you don’t have to worry about storage problems

Am getting 512 as I think I will use ProRaw which will take up more space
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
In case anyone misses out, iPhone 12 now supports FaceTime HD video calls over 5G and WiFi.
 

neeteshkurup

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Read somewhere that ProRaw has an API. Maybe apps like Halide will be able to bring it to the non Pro 12?

Sent from Samsung SM-G781B using GAGT
 

bluegt

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
968
Reaction score
228
For me it's 3GB on Documents, 20GB on Photos, 47GB on Music, 58GB on Apps, 162GB on Videos.

Hopefully with some discipline, I can survive with 256GB storage. Man, SD Cards spoilt me...

What do you keep in your 162GB of videos?

I download Netflix but delete after watching... wondering how to even rack up that much.
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
What do you keep in your 162GB of videos?

I download Netflix but delete after watching... wondering how to even rack up that much.

I do filmmaking as a hobby. 4K .mov files take up tons of space. And then the phone's HDR10 UHD clips, they too take up space. I prefer to store media offline so that I can view/listen them on the aircraft.
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
512 is better. For just 15% more, you don’t have to worry about storage problems

Am getting 512 as I think I will use ProRaw which will take up more space

Nah, I"ll go for 256GB. If I go for 512GB, I"ll fill it up to 500GB in no time, and then the urge for 1TB storage arises. It's a never ending urge for storage. I'd rather learn the discipline to clear junk fortnightly.

About ProRaw, just edit and export in jpeg, then dispose the raw image immediately.
 
Last edited:

i.Singaporean

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
334
https://twitter.com/duanrui1205/status/1318144105982042112

12 Pro Graphite

giphy.gif
 

Zerobim08

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
459
Reaction score
36
Wa where you get your source of those prices from? You sure anot please state your source leh iPhone 11 Pro Max for 600++ only?

From StarHub trade-in. Okay, I know you gonna say you can get more selling outside but realistically not many would do that. People who recontract just trade-in at the place they buy their phone from.

And dont be fooled by outside shop of high buy price. Once you are there, they deduct $50 got tiny scratch on external. Then deduct another 50 for slight invisible blemish on the screen. Then they say price is applicable only when you buy a new phone from them. At the end of the day, comes out much lower.
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
From StarHub trade-in. Okay, I know you gonna say you can get more selling outside but realistically not many would do that. People who recontract just trade-in at the place they buy their phone from.

And dont be fooled by outside shop of high buy price. Once you are there, they deduct $50 got tiny scratch on external. Then deduct another 50 for slight invisible blemish on the screen. Then they say price is applicable only when you buy a new phone from them. At the end of the day, comes out much lower.
Based on my passed year experience, I can sell my iPhone 11 Pro 256gb around $900 in Carousell
 

R4ng3r

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
939
Reaction score
11
If my current XS usage is around 84GB.

Should I just get a 128?

Any opinions?

Might make sense to go with 256gb. I think it will easily hit 128gb with better video and camera photo for ip12 and future release. And plus most people store them on their mobile device (at least that's what I doing now). Pay more now rather than struggle to make space for new photos, apps, and videos in the future.
 
Last edited:

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
Normal raw all the while can. Pro raw not so sure
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
I think I need double sided tape to stick it on table. If not every time lift up phone the charger also follow

Actually that’s the plus point. You can charge while using it unlikely normal wireless chargers
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top