iPhone 12 Series

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
14,876
Reaction score
4,878
Ok, try deducting cost of the battery vs the price of the AC+, tell me which is more worth it.

It's not just the screen. I also take good of my phone but i got a battery issue just as my AC+ was about to expire, when otherwise I would need to pay for it. It was replaced FOC and within 2 hours.

That to me is the value of AC+, but you could argue paying for the battery replacement is still cheaper than paying $200+ for AC+.....
 

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
41,613
Reaction score
2,774
Ok, try deducting cost of the battery vs the price of the AC+, tell me which is more worth it.
AC+ because I can't predict the future. While I can control my actions by taking care of my phone, I cannot control external actions, e.g. accidents caused by 3rd parties etc....

And I shall end the conversation on this note
 
Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Almost new but still not new. But true also, Apple certified shouldn't go wrong. But its more of a personal thing for me :s13: I quite particular about such

Can check model number to see if your set is new or refurbished

Checked. Also new comes in the retail box with the accessories. Not the white box. So it is clear they gave me new sets 😆
 

siandiao

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
39,186
Reaction score
382
I agree. No matter how we baby the phone, things can happen and it will be very expensive to repair without AppleCare

For example, you can go out and replace the screen but you will not get the same oled screen, while Apple will charge an arm without Apple care
yup. not to mention, break the IP68 rating
 

i.Singaporean

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
334
My DHL just came

How ah

Request new one?

PtDSCuf.jpg

SVC7njJ.jpg
 

micgoh

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
2,124
Reaction score
96
It's not just the screen. I also take good of my phone but i got a battery issue just as my AC+ was about to expire, when otherwise I would need to pay for it. It was replaced FOC and within 2 hours.

That to me is the value of AC+, but you could argue paying for the battery replacement is still cheaper than paying $200+ for AC+.....

Qn I have is, assuming I have AC+. By the end of 2 years my battery is around 82%. Can just walk in and ask for battery change?
 

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
41,613
Reaction score
2,774
Qn I have is, assuming I have AC+. By the end of 2 years my battery is around 82%. Can just walk in and ask for battery change?
I'm not sure - my battery issue was not about maximum capacity degrading to low levels, but more of charging issues. In the end they changed my battery.

I think you can call Apple Support and ask.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Lucky! Mind sharing what was the issue you were facing?
One was for modem. Intermittent drop calls. Too many sessions to resolve so maybe service recovery. As it was past the 1st year, I could have thrown away the phone if not for AC

The other case is for bloated battery
 

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,325
Reaction score
38
Wah using move to ios app...need more than 3hr for the transfer????

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Seems like they restocked up the iPhone 12 Pro. There’s a pickup available tomorrow at Apple store.
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
Wah using move to ios app...need more than 3hr for the transfer????

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT
Depends on the amount of data you're moving, I guess. What are you moving asides from the usual?

Prolly just set mine up new. Goog contacts can pull from cloud, not particularly fussed about WA, and Google's password manager can be accessed from the browser.
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
Cause I don't want buy the AC+ endup never use at all. At least if can battery change I don't mind. Or must have legit problems then can?

Technically below 80% then they replace. But usually if close enough they also replace
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top