iPhone 12 Series

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
41,612
Reaction score
2,774
Not sure if wanna get it. All my iphones do not have applecare yet nothing happen so far.

Sigh :(
U buy travel insurance with the expectation of missing your flight or being mugged?

same logic lor...it is to get peace of mind
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Do you guys think applecare is worth getting? Getting the ip12 for my wife.. dunno whether to spend another $260+ or not..

If you buying the Apple case, maybe you can opt not to and use it naked. If crack then pay $42 for screen replacement. With express replacement service, it means new battery too😆
 

siandiao

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
39,186
Reaction score
382
a long time ago, i got into a cycling accident

my iPhone X that has applecare - intact
my Macbook Pro 15" 2017 top-spec in-store purchase, with applecare - intact
my Apple Watch S3 GPS, no applecare - very bad crack screen

(and myself - stitches and gauze pads all over face, arm, and leg)

in the end have to painfully buy new Apple Watch :sad:

moral of the story - buy Applecare, unless you plan to treat the phone as burner/secondary phone (for example my current iPhone SE 2020)
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
a long time ago, i got into a cycling accident

my iPhone X that has applecare - intact
my Macbook Pro 15" 2017 top-spec in-store purchase, with applecare - intact
my Apple Watch S3 GPS, no applecare - very bad crack screen

in the end have to painfully buy new Apple Watch :sad:

moral of the story - buy Applecare, unless you plan to treat the phone as burner/secondary phone (for example my current iPhone SE 2020)

I agree. No matter how we baby the phone, things can happen and it will be very expensive to repair without AppleCare

For example, you can go out and replace the screen but you will not get the same oled screen, while Apple will charge an arm without Apple care
 

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
14,876
Reaction score
4,878
You can choose not to. Iphone is never a essential. i’m using an iPhone 8. I took care of my phone with UAG case. I dropped my phone once in the corner with tempered Glass. It cracked but only the tempered glass cracked not the screen. It’s how you take care of your phone.

For the amount of $$$ we are paying for the device, it may well be a case of life and death :crazy:
 
Last edited:

FinalNitro

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
1
If you buying the Apple case, maybe you can opt not to and use it naked. If crack then pay $42 for screen replacement. With express replacement service, it means new battery too😆

But replacement get refurbish set worh.. not new unlike your original device..

Each to his own I guess
 

FinalNitro

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
1
You can choose not to. Iphone is never a essential. iPhone using an iPhone 8. I took care of my phone with UAG case. I dropped my phone once in the corner with tempered Glass. It cracked but only the tempered glass cracked not the screen. It’s how you take care of your phone.

Correct. My 6s Plus of 5 years only cracked screen protector afew times.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
But replacement get refurbish set worh.. not new unlike your original device..

Each to his own I guess

That’s almost new. I have never had any issues with refurbished sets. Most importantly, it comes with new battery

And at times, I got new sets, not those in white box (twice already) 😆 not sure how they decide but when it comes new, I ain’t going to complain
 

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
41,612
Reaction score
2,774
You can choose not to. Iphone is never a essential. i’m using an iPhone 8. I took care of my phone with UAG case. I dropped my phone once in the corner with tempered Glass. It cracked but only the tempered glass cracked not the screen. It’s how you take care of your phone.
It's not just the screen. I also take good of my phone but i got a battery issue just as my AC+ was about to expire, when otherwise I would need to pay for it. It was replaced FOC and within 2 hours.

That to me is the value of AC+, but you could argue paying for the battery replacement is still cheaper than paying $200+ for AC+.....
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,916
Reaction score
7,222
Dun forget that although u pay less for the repair, you paid for the applecare beforehand.

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT
 

FinalNitro

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
1
That’s almost new. I have never had any issues with refurbished sets. Most importantly, it comes with new battery

And at times, I got new sets, not those in white box (twice already) 😆 not sure how they decide but when it comes new, I ain’t going to complain

Almost new but still not new. But true also, Apple certified shouldn't go wrong. But its more of a personal thing for me :s13: I quite particular about such

Can check model number to see if your set is new or refurbished
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Dun forget that although u pay less for the repair, you paid for the applecare beforehand.

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT

Yes. Its like insurance. I buy healthcare and hope it doesn’t happen but when it does, I pay minimal.

Most of the time I will at least claim for battery. And had claimed for cracked screen, water damage, electronic fault etc

And express replacement service damn good. Sit and wait for new phone at home, then you have 2 weeks to return your old device

Anyway it is not necessary as Apple has great products. But I think it is good value to pay this 15% to lengthen the warranty by 1 year, with the additional peaks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top