iPhone 12 Series

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
44,241
Reaction score
2,029
I’m planning to purchase the phone at a non Apple store. Any tips on what to check for when opening up the box to check for defeats on the spot with the salesperson? must check everything is in working condition? Do u guys do that? :s11:
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,838
Reaction score
10,082
I’m planning to purchase the phone at a non Apple store. Any tips on what to check for when opening up the box to check for defeats on the spot with the salesperson? must check everything is in working condition? Do u guys do that?
:s11:

1. Check physical condition (scratches on side frames, screen}
2. Check for dust underneath back glass (as my iphone 11pm has 1 dust stuck underneath the backglass)
3. Check for dust in camera lens
4. On phone then test calls, speakers, cameras, vibration motor, wifi and bluetooth


Posted from PCWX using Oneplus 8T Lunar Silver
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Ya, did for all. photos and videos.



enabled. normally when I login to WhatsApp in new phone, all will be restored including the media. but this time when I did it, the restore media did not appear.

I do for my wife phone, no issue.

I also tried to login to old phone WhatsApp and re-backup again. But doesn't seems to help too.

Yes, if you use iCloud to restore, you will get the media restoration prompt.

However, if you use data migration, you will not see any prompt as all the data will be migrated.

Only downside to this is the fact that during the migration process, if any messages come in, it will be in the old phone and will not be migrated.

So you might want to reset your new phone. I always check before I wipe my old phone
 

cloudseph

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
To the bros having the iPhone 12 Pro Max ********* does the screen resolution allow for smaller text? Right now the 12 Pro - text and messaging seems magnified (zoomed in), even on the smallest text size setting, which is annoying. I much prefer the screen display resolution on the iPhone 11.

Yes, on the 12 Pro Max - the text is smaller and resolution looks less zoomed in than the 12 Pro
 

emokia

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
1,553
Reaction score
0
To the bros having the iPhone 12 Pro Max — does the screen resolution allow for smaller text? Right now the 12 Pro - text and messaging seems magnified (zoomed in), even on the smallest text size setting, which is annoying. I much prefer the screen display resolution on the iPhone 11.

Not sure if this is what u are looking at..

Perhaps can search for display & brightness > display zoom?
 

chins

Senior Member
Joined
May 11, 2001
Messages
988
Reaction score
20
Any mini owners having problems with the Lock Screen? Mine is extremely unresponsive. Very hard to tap the passcode and the activate the torch
 

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,322
Reaction score
38
I am at home, i tried on the 5G for the first time and saw 5G logo
I did a speed test...7.44mbps download speed
Switch back to 4g and got 144.44mbps dl speed
Simi sai
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,287
Reaction score
9,035
I am at home, i tried on the 5G for the first time and saw 5G logo
I did a speed test...7.44mbps download speed
Switch back to 4g and got 144.44mbps dl speed
Simi sai

5G network and signal is still very weak... better to stick to 4G for strong, faster network and saves battery life.
 

Shawny88

Master Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2016
Messages
4,084
Reaction score
1,057
Used mini for a day. It is really small both the phone and screen. If you have bad eyesight or fat fingers, better skip mini.
 

chins

Senior Member
Joined
May 11, 2001
Messages
988
Reaction score
20
What do you mean by unresponsive

It takes several taps for the phone to register the digit. And the flash light and camera shortcuts were impossible to use.

It seems like software related. I have no issue with the touch screen once the phone is unlocked
 

Shawny88

Master Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2016
Messages
4,084
Reaction score
1,057
It takes several taps for the phone to register the digit. And the flash light and camera shortcuts were impossible to use.

It seems like software related. I have no issue with the touch screen once the phone is unlocked

Not sure on the digits but for flash and camera, you need to press and hold
 

kimin0211

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Can I return the iPhone after I found the scratch within 14 days? I suspect the screen was scratched due to my key....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top