iPhone 12 Series

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
14,876
Reaction score
4,878
Really? That serious!
What should I do? Given that I bought the phone. Still not activated yet.


Yes the issue is driving me nuts. Unlocking the phone with the mask on is such a tremendous pain now, and it is almost impossible to get the camera shortcut to work too. So hard to just get a quick photo. Super regret getting the phone from Lazada cos I cannot return it since it is used.

For those considering 12 mini, I suggest you hold off your purchase until this is solved, unless you want to use your phone without a case.
 
Last edited:

chins

Senior Member
Joined
May 11, 2001
Messages
988
Reaction score
20
Really? That serious!
What should I do? Given that I bought the phone. Still not activated yet.

If you bought from Apple store then u have 14 days to use it and see if u can live with the problem. If you bought elsewhere, unlikely u can return so just use and live with it for now. It feels like a hardware problem so I guess there’s no quick fix for now.
 

Outramkia

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2018
Messages
4,650
Reaction score
94
Thanks for sharing bro.
Has this always been the case or just for the latest iPhone?

Will there be expected support in the future?

They are totally different platforms. Just like how you can’t use Apple Pay on androids.

Don’t foresee that to change.
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
Goog Pay has been going HAM with cashbacks and local offers recently

Too bad it doesn’t work in iOS
 

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
14,876
Reaction score
4,878
Is it like this?

Someone just posted on YouTube


If you bought from Apple store then u have 14 days to use it and see if u can live with the problem. If you bought elsewhere, unlikely u can return so just use and live with it for now. It feels like a hardware problem so I guess there’s no quick fix for now.
 

inmyopinion

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2018
Messages
16,784
Reaction score
7,481
Anyone using citibank card on apple pay ?
I have a issue here it seems like I’m unable to add my citii cc on apple pay wallet.
Called hotline and they claimed their end no problem , need me to ask Apple instead but i add posb cc no problem though.
Headache lol

My old XS Max - Citibank card on Apple Pay.
I used “transfer data from old phone to new phone” method.

I didn’t remove the Citibank card from my XS Max. After transfer data to IP 12 PM, I erased all contents and data of the XS Max.

Then I add Citibank card on my iPhone 12 Pro Max - no issues.
 

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
2,908
Reaction score
120
Only downside to this is the fact that during the migration process, if any messages come in, it will be in the old phone and will not be migrated.

Anyway to mitigate this? Cannot off WiFi on old phone before migration right. WhatsApp is the most annoying need app to migrate cos it’s not cloud based lol
 

pnutbutterwulf

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Morning guys! Need some opinions please. Gonna recontract soon and am on the fence to get which ones? 11 pro, 12 mini or 12. Was actually gonna go for the mini but am holding back because of the touch sensitivity issues? And comparing prices to recontract, I’m paying almost the same for the 11 pro or the 12. Main concern for me is battery life. Since it’s just incremental changes made on the new iPhones, do you guys think it’s a good deal for me to get the 11 pro instead? What am I missing out if I choose the 12? Appreciate the thoughts!

Posted from PCWX using iPhone10,4
 

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,322
Reaction score
38
Morning guys! Need some opinions please. Gonna recontract soon and am on the fence to get which ones? 11 pro, 12 mini or 12. Was actually gonna go for the mini but am holding back because of the touch sensitivity issues? And comparing prices to recontract, I’m paying almost the same for the 11 pro or the 12. Main concern for me is battery life. Since it’s just incremental changes made on the new iPhones, do you guys think it’s a good deal for me to get the 11 pro instead? What am I missing out if I choose the 12? Appreciate the thoughts!

Posted from PCWX using iPhone10,4

Mini has the worst batt life among 12 leh
I would go for the latest model
U are using X i assume, it would be a great upgrade to 12
Batt life...if u super heavy user then just get a pd powerbank
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top