Jirachi
Great Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 17, 2010
- Messages
- 55,123
- Reaction score
- 3,177
That’s why you paid more for itJust hoot from Apple Store, they will still congratulate you on your new iPhone haha

That’s why you paid more for itJust hoot from Apple Store, they will still congratulate you on your new iPhone haha
Just use and be happy with the phone.So, these 2 days my emotion is not on the right track after finding that my black iphone 18 pro max is not using the far superior samsung M series display. So, it did come across my mind to return the set and try a new set. Beside, i also been watching various channels and video comparing the various iphone display. Wasn't a placebo effect but now i can tell the diff btw a samsung and a LG display. And below are some of the points i learned.
1) Samsung G9N and G9P are of samsung M display, the best around and both are the same just diff color tone.
2) GVC and GH3 are of LG display. Out of these 2, GH3 is the one closes to samsung M even thought many said GVC are better. But i cannot stand GVC massive color shift. So to me, i rate GH3 over GVC. Seems like LG have improved current GH3 panel display.
My ipad pro is using samsung M display so when i compare side by side, yes. there is a diff. But other than that, both still output good images. I suspect this time round, Apple are using samsung M display on burgundy and glacier, while black and white have a mix of samsung and LG. I watched a few black iphone unboxing and most report LG display over samsung.
Not saying LG is not good, just that samsung is still better. I don't think i want to return the phone and try my luck. So, i will continue to use my current black iphone 18 pro max.
So, these 2 days my emotion is not on the right track after finding that my black iphone 18 pro max is not using the far superior samsung M series display. So, it did come across my mind to return the set and try a new set. Beside, i also been watching various channels and video comparing the various iphone display. Wasn't a placebo effect but now i can tell the diff btw a samsung and a LG display. And below are some of the points i learned.
1) Samsung G9N and G9P are of samsung M display, the best around and both are the same just diff color tone.
2) GVC and GH3 are of LG display. Out of these 2, GH3 is the one closes to samsung M even thought many said GVC are better. But i cannot stand GVC massive color shift. So to me, i rate GH3 over GVC. Seems like LG have improved current GH3 panel display.
My ipad pro is using samsung M display so when i compare side by side, yes. there is a diff. But other than that, both still output good images. I suspect this time round, Apple are using samsung M display on burgundy and glacier, while black and white have a mix of samsung and LG. I watched a few black iphone unboxing and most report LG display over samsung.
Not saying LG is not good, just that samsung is still better. I don't think i want to return the phone and try my luck. So, i will continue to use my current black iphone 18 pro max.
Mine is Product of ChinaSingapore got both India-made and China-made iPhone 18 Pro/Pro Max.
Check the box's and it says is China-made. Did anyone get India-made?
Sorry to tell you about the display panel thingy, but I think it’s good to share cause every year we play this panel lottery.So, these 2 days my emotion is not on the right track after finding that my black iphone 18 pro max is not using the far superior samsung M series display. So, it did come across my mind to return the set and try a new set. Beside, i also been watching various channels and video comparing the various iphone display. Wasn't a placebo effect but now i can tell the diff btw a samsung and a LG display. And below are some of the points i learned.
1) Samsung G9N and G9P are of samsung M display, the best around and both are the same just diff color tone.
2) GVC and GH3 are of LG display. Out of these 2, GH3 is the one closes to samsung M even thought many said GVC are better. But i cannot stand GVC massive color shift. So to me, i rate GH3 over GVC. Seems like LG have improved current GH3 panel display.
My ipad pro is using samsung M display so when i compare side by side, yes. there is a diff. But other than that, both still output good images. I suspect this time round, Apple are using samsung M display on burgundy and glacier, while black and white have a mix of samsung and LG. I watched a few black iphone unboxing and most report LG display over samsung.
Not saying LG is not good, just that samsung is still better. I don't think i want to return the phone and try my luck. So, i will continue to use my current black iphone 18 pro max.
How the hell you think he found out what panel his phone is using? I already gave him the steps to check sysdiagnose.Gemini says there's a way to confirm which OEM screen u are using. Try the below steps -
Step 1: Trigger the Hardware Log
Step 2: Locate and Save the Log File
- Unlock your iPhone and stay on the home screen.
- Press and hold all three physical buttons at the exact same time for about 1 to 2 seconds: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power/Lock Button.
- You will feel a quick, brief vibration. This signals that iOS has started compiling a full system diagnosis log in the background.
- Wait 3 to 5 minutes for the phone to finish writing the compressed diagnostic file.
Step 3: Unpack and Read the Code
- Go to your phone's Settings.
- Scroll down and navigate to Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data.
- Scroll down alphabetically until you find a file starting with sysdiagnose_ followed by the current date and time. Tap to open it.
- Tap the Share/Export icon in the top right corner, then select Save to Files to save the compressed file to your iPhone’s storage.
Decoding your Panel Code
- Open the native Files app on your iPhone and tap on the saved sysdiagnose zip archive to automatically unpack/uncompress it into a standard folder.
- Open the new unpacked folder, and drill down through these folders: ioreg ➔ open the file named IODeviceTree.
- Use the search magnifying glass in the file viewer and type in raw-panel.
The alphanumeric string right next to the raw-panel parameter tells you your exact bin:
- Samsung Displays: If the value starts with G9N, G9Q, or G9P, you have a Samsung-produced panel. (G9N is highly sought after as Apple's top-performing launch batch).
- LG Displays: If the value starts with GVC or GH3, you have an LG-produced panel. (GVC matches Samsung's performance closely, while GH3 belongs to the tier with looser visual uniformity tolerances).
How the hell you think he found out what panel his phone is using? I already gave him the steps to check sysdiagnose.
Beside, i also been watching various channels and video comparing the various iphone display. Wasn't a placebo effect but now i can tell the diff btw a samsung and a LG display. And below are some of the points i learned.
He did not, I shared the steps to get the logsThis part of his reply implied he eyeballed his display and compared with youtube videos of iphone 18 instead.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. Both my burgundy sets are LG.I suspect this time round, Apple are using samsung M display on burgundy and glacier, while black and white have a mix of samsung and LG. I a few black iphone unboxing and most report LG display over samsung.
That's why i feel GH3 is better than GVC instead of the other way around.This part of his reply implied he eyeballed his display and compared with youtube videos of iphone 18 instead.
I stand corrected.Pretty sure this is incorrect. Both my burgundy sets are LG.
I went through many sets during iPhone 17 Pro Max era, GVC is better than GH3 ~ but like what I mentioned earlier, as long as don’t have any weird issues, I think can keep. Have to remember, every new set will have its own problem. Later you get 1 with good panel, but got scratches or paint drop how? Apple QC quite abysmal one. Almost every set, I can find got some issues here and there.That's why i feel GH3 is better than GVC instead of the other way around.
For us, every year need to play lottery.I went through many sets during iPhone 17 Pro Max era, GVC is better than GH3 ~ but like what I mentioned earlier, as long as don’t have any weird issues, I think can keep. Have to remember, every new set will have its own problem. Later you get 1 with good panel, but got scratches or paint drop how?
I gave up last year for the Pro Max.For us, every year need to play lottery.![]()
Next time when selling back to shops like Mister Mobile, need to tell them that mine is G9N. So you all need to pay premium to meI gave up last year for the Pro Max.
I bought D1 set for preorder, 2 iPhone 17 Pro Maxes, both GVC, LG’s highest end. Not bad. I sold the Orange PM. Bought the Silver, almost all GH3, gave up. Only few months after, got the G9N on my Silver 17 Pro Max.
Shop don’t care one la … is the panel difference … some ppl more susceptible to the difference … now before I check the logs from sysdiagnose, I can more or less tell whether is Samsung Panel or LG, familiar with the characteristics already.Next time when selling back to shops like Mister Mobile, need to tell them that mine is G9N. So you all need to pay premium to me![]()