iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 39 39.8%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Black

    Votes: 24 24.5%
  • Silver

    Votes: 10 10.2%

  • Total voters
    98

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
501


After a week of thorough consideration and lots of YT, I more or less have given up hopes of getting the Duo already. Will alternate to use my 18PM (main phone, monster hunter outlanders gaming in Dec’26) and ZF8U (at bedside TVB drama watching, light gaming CoC, hay day, listening to .flac songs).

From the beginning after the Apple event, my mind was quite set to get Duo to use in conjunction with my ZF8U. But it’s like, 2 foldables…abit funny. And Duo is like kinda thick 11.3mm when folded, without case some more. If with case, even more thicker. Like going backwards to ZF6 era. I don’t mind don’t have 3rd telephoto lens. But I guess I’m just gonna wait till they release something slimmer.

Must be slim, we guys put phone inside our jeans pocket if it’s too thick, very gao wei. I don’t mind the weight.

Edit: How come when I view this pic and in real life, ZF8U advertised thickness 8.9mm, 18PM thickness 8.75mm. But why do I feel that ZF8U is slimmer?
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,225
Reaction score
9,004


After a week of thorough consideration and lots of YT, I more or less have given up hopes of getting the Duo already. Will alternate to use my 18PM (main phone, monster hunter outlanders gaming in Dec’26) and ZF8U (at bedside TVB drama watching, light gaming CoC, hay day, listening to .flac songs).

From the beginning after the Apple event, my mind was quite set to get Duo to use in conjunction with my ZF8U. But it’s like, 2 foldables…abit funny. And Duo is like kinda thick 11.3mm when folded, without case some more. If with case, even more thicker. Like going backwards to ZF6 era. I don’t mind don’t have 3rd telephoto lens. But I guess I’m just gonna wait till they release something slimmer.

Must be slim, we guys put phone inside our jeans pocket if it’s too thick, very gao wei. I don’t mind the weight.

Edit: How come when I view this pic and in real life, ZF8U advertised thickness 8.9mm, 18PM thickness 8.75mm. But why do I feel that ZF8U is slimmer?

Haha… same here. I was also thinking of Duo, but wth need 2 folds for what…
 

KwayChup

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
74


After a week of thorough consideration and lots of YT, I more or less have given up hopes of getting the Duo already. Will alternate to use my 18PM (main phone, monster hunter outlanders gaming in Dec’26) and ZF8U (at bedside TVB drama watching, light gaming CoC, hay day, listening to .flac songs).

From the beginning after the Apple event, my mind was quite set to get Duo to use in conjunction with my ZF8U. But it’s like, 2 foldables…abit funny. And Duo is like kinda thick 11.3mm when folded, without case some more. If with case, even more thicker. Like going backwards to ZF6 era. I don’t mind don’t have 3rd telephoto lens. But I guess I’m just gonna wait till they release something slimmer.

Must be slim, we guys put phone inside our jeans pocket if it’s too thick, very gao wei. I don’t mind the weight.

Edit: How come when I view this pic and in real life, ZF8U advertised thickness 8.9mm, 18PM thickness 8.75mm. But why do I feel that ZF8U is slimmer?

Actual Vs Perceived Dimension
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,123
Reaction score
3,177
Actually most of the time it’s not that deep. Simply select one of the categories.

Base Model - Can use can already
Air - Lightweight/One Handed
Pro - One Handed/ Great Performance
Max - Best Battery and Screen
Base Model - What's this?
Air - What's this?
Pro - What's this?
Max - Finally! A proper phone!
Duo - What's this?
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,405
Reaction score
4,138
Did Apple changed their activation policy? I remember last time warranty only starts upon activation for sets from Apple Store. Now seems to be tied to purchased date no matter when you activate after?
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
501
I thought you will get a glacier 512.
I was in 2 minds with Burgundy and Glacier for the longest time since launch day bro. Both are very nice. I also suddenly sot tio Silver color coz of the clean uniform classic Apple device color, can match any casing.

In the end still went with Bur, as maybe I factored in forward thinking that this 18PM will be passed down to wife next year. She don’t like blue :s13:
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
56
Did Apple changed their activation policy? I remember last time warranty only starts upon activation for sets from Apple Store. Now seems to be tied to purchased date no matter when you activate after?

For my set, warranty date seems to be tied to my activation date which is last Fri 25 Sep. I collected on 19 Sep but did not unbox till 25th as I was still waiting for my AR Corning to arrive.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
501
For my set, warranty date seems to be tied to my activation date which is last Fri 25 Sep. I collected on 19 Sep but did not unbox till 25th as I was still waiting for my AR Corning to arrive.
Ok. I made a mistake on my earlier post. Correct, cfm follow activation date irregardless of how early we bought our set. Apple warranty check website will put Purchased date (follow invoice), but the number of days left to buy AC+ or for the standard 1yr wty, is follow our date of activation
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,537
Reaction score
4,141
I was in 2 minds with Burgundy and Glacier for the longest time since launch day bro. Both are very nice. I also suddenly sot tio Silver color coz of the clean uniform classic Apple device color, can match any casing.

In the end still went with Bur, as maybe I factored in forward thinking that this 18PM will be passed down to wife next year. She don’t like blue :s13:
Just hoot all 3, I hooted 2. Same as you the Silver is damn clean like the previous Natural Titanium, really tempted to hoot too. :s22:
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
501
Just hoot all 3, I hooted 2. Same as you the Silver is damn clean like the previous Natural Titanium, really tempted to hoot too. :s22:
No, cannot lar. I not as crazy and fortunate as you to get 1tb for 2 of ur fav colors set lol. I still got to factor in some reserves for the 46mm S12 ceramic white. That one also so rare
 

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2002
Messages
6,402
Reaction score
177
Pro is always my go-to. I only choose the Pro Max if i need the extended battery life, because from a typical viewing angle, most people will naturally focus on the middle section of the screen anyway. Whether it’s the Pro or Pro Max, no one is really going to take in the entire screen when viewing it vertically.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top