- Joined
- Mar 9, 2004
- Messages
- 125,315
- Reaction score
- 6,578
I thought you will get a glacier 512.Picking up my 18PM Burgundy 512 at Apple Orchard now. Morning 9am+ got restock

I thought you will get a glacier 512.Picking up my 18PM Burgundy 512 at Apple Orchard now. Morning 9am+ got restock
After a week of thorough consideration and lots of YT, I more or less have given up hopes of getting the Duo already. Will alternate to use my 18PM (main phone, monster hunter outlanders gaming in Dec’26) and ZF8U (at bedside TVB drama watching, light gaming CoC, hay day, listening to .flac songs).
From the beginning after the Apple event, my mind was quite set to get Duo to use in conjunction with my ZF8U. But it’s like, 2 foldables…abit funny. And Duo is like kinda thick 11.3mm when folded, without case some more. If with case, even more thicker. Like going backwards to ZF6 era. I don’t mind don’t have 3rd telephoto lens. But I guess I’m just gonna wait till they release something slimmer.
Must be slim, we guys put phone inside our jeans pocket if it’s too thick, very gao wei. I don’t mind the weight.
Edit: How come when I view this pic and in real life, ZF8U advertised thickness 8.9mm, 18PM thickness 8.75mm. But why do I feel that ZF8U is slimmer?
After a week of thorough consideration and lots of YT, I more or less have given up hopes of getting the Duo already. Will alternate to use my 18PM (main phone, monster hunter outlanders gaming in Dec’26) and ZF8U (at bedside TVB drama watching, light gaming CoC, hay day, listening to .flac songs).
From the beginning after the Apple event, my mind was quite set to get Duo to use in conjunction with my ZF8U. But it’s like, 2 foldables…abit funny. And Duo is like kinda thick 11.3mm when folded, without case some more. If with case, even more thicker. Like going backwards to ZF6 era. I don’t mind don’t have 3rd telephoto lens. But I guess I’m just gonna wait till they release something slimmer.
Must be slim, we guys put phone inside our jeans pocket if it’s too thick, very gao wei. I don’t mind the weight.
Edit: How come when I view this pic and in real life, ZF8U advertised thickness 8.9mm, 18PM thickness 8.75mm. But why do I feel that ZF8U is slimmer?
Sama sama as 17 pro. Likely 5-10% better at mostI hooted Glacier 18 Pro, collecting later ~
Will try the smaller pro to see if it the battery life is up to my usage.
Sama sama as 17 pro. Likely 5-10% better at most
Much happier than using 18pm for sure hahaGGWP, let me try!
Base Model - What's this?Actually most of the time it’s not that deep. Simply select one of the categories.
Base Model - Can use can already
Air - Lightweight/One Handed
Pro - One Handed/ Great Performance
Max - Best Battery and Screen
enough for a day without topping up? i tried the pro. super light sia. quite temptingSama sama as 17 pro. Likely 5-10% better at most
Depends on how heavy your usage is ba.enough for a day without topping up? i tried the pro. super light sia. quite tempting
I was in 2 minds with Burgundy and Glacier for the longest time since launch day bro. Both are very nice. I also suddenly sot tio Silver color coz of the clean uniform classic Apple device color, can match any casing.I thought you will get a glacier 512.

Did Apple changed their activation policy? I remember last time warranty only starts upon activation for sets from Apple Store. Now seems to be tied to purchased date no matter when you activate after?
Ok. I made a mistake on my earlier post. Correct, cfm follow activation date irregardless of how early we bought our set. Apple warranty check website will put Purchased date (follow invoice), but the number of days left to buy AC+ or for the standard 1yr wty, is follow our date of activationFor my set, warranty date seems to be tied to my activation date which is last Fri 25 Sep. I collected on 19 Sep but did not unbox till 25th as I was still waiting for my AR Corning to arrive.
For my set, warranty date seems to be tied to my activation date which is last Fri 25 Sep. I collected on 19 Sep but did not unbox till 25th as I was still waiting for my AR Corning to arrive.
Just hoot all 3, I hooted 2. Same as you the Silver is damn clean like the previous Natural Titanium, really tempted to hoot too.I was in 2 minds with Burgundy and Glacier for the longest time since launch day bro. Both are very nice. I also suddenly sot tio Silver color coz of the clean uniform classic Apple device color, can match any casing.
In the end still went with Bur, as maybe I factored in forward thinking that this 18PM will be passed down to wife next year. She don’t like blue![]()

No, cannot lar. I not as crazy and fortunate as you to get 1tb for 2 of ur fav colors set lol. I still got to factor in some reserves for the 46mm S12 ceramic white. That one also so rareJust hoot all 3, I hooted 2. Same as you the Silver is damn clean like the previous Natural Titanium, really tempted to hoot too.![]()
Got ppl paging you mr white ceramic @tohchrNo, cannot lar. I not as crazy and fortunate as you to get 1tb for 2 of ur fav colors set lol. I still got to factor in some reserves for the 46mm S12 ceramic white. That one also so rare