iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus #Hissgate?

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
Its been like this since the 1st iPhone in SG.

However, bad exp for me during new iPhone launch is 4S.

I rmb I collected my phone at Singtel launch and have to reject 2 phones due to issues.
Only the 3rd set is perfect.

For iPhone 5s, used abt 2 mths n have to exchange due to screen issue.

Since 6/6s, I start to flip the iPhone and earn extra pocket money. From then, I dun really bother abt the quality, as long as the phone can be used. As the extra pocket money allow me to get a new iPhone for free. LOL

So if u worry next time will have the same problem again, buy telco set and  set. Then sell away the telco set. So even if  set has issue, u can change for a new one.

Anw, my 7+ from singtel also has hissing issue. Even if I jus on the screen to check time, there will be hissing sound. But dun really bother la.

As least I can use it without any worry abt scratches n those. Then b4 warranty end, exchange for a new set and sell it for high price to prepare for next iPhone.

I will be bothered by it if there is hissing sound when I check the time. very annoying.
 

buffon92

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
594
Reaction score
1
Serial no with "N" infront?

no leh serial no: C39xxxxx, i check apple warranty it seems new.

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: 9 October 2017
Learn about Apple's coverage information for your product
Set up a repair
 

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
no leh serial no: C39xxxxx, i check apple warranty it seems new.

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: 9 October 2017
Learn about Apple's coverage information for your product
Set up a repair
Oh that's good.. From my past experience on iphone 3g, refurbished set always starts with N
 

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
6,544
Reaction score
79
Oh that's good.. From my past experience on iphone 3g, refurbished set always starts with N

Not serial number, it's Model Number. M for new, N for replacement/refurbished, F for certified refurbished (sold on Apple Store)
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
no leh serial no: C39xxxxx, i check apple warranty it seems new.

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: 9 October 2017
Learn about Apple's coverage information for your product
Set up a repair

C stands for what?
 

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
Not serial number, it's Model Number. M for new, N for replacement/refurbished, F for certified refurbished (sold on Apple Store)
ooh ya ya . . hahah forgot liao . . that was the only time I did send in my phone and get a refurbished set. . my ip4, 5 and 6 plus never have issues before
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Not serial number, it's Model Number. M for new, N for replacement/refurbished, F for certified refurbished (sold on Apple Store)

Wonder what my replacement model number will be. Probably N? Will report in soon!
 

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
6,544
Reaction score
79
So its new or refurbished?

Like mentioned, the serial number does not indicate if it's refurbished/replaced or anything..

The indication is in the Model Number e.g. MN4Q2ZD/A

M for brand new
N for replacement/refurbished from AASP/Express Replacement Program
F for refurbished retail from Apple Store (e.g. Refurbished iPad or iPod that are sold on Apple Store)
 
Last edited:

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
19,671
Reaction score
4,331
Spoke at length to Apple and later got transferred to an iOS Senior Advisor who also took my case.

He mentioned that the case is this "hissing" sound is still being investigated and there is nothing much they can do for now.

Also I asked if I could change my set to a new one and he did not object to it because he said it should be covered under the 14days return/refund/exchange policy. but because I have gotten it thru the telco, things are slightly more complicated.

I will have to get Singtel to provide me with a receipt ( $0 for me because of high plan plus online delivery ) to proceed to one of the authorised repair and highlight my case number for their follow thru.

Super troublesome.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
For those who exchanged their telco set at QCD/A.Lab. Do you have to give your phone, wait for replacement to come, then collect your replacement later? :s11: Or just on the spot exchange?
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Lucky you. I spent over 3 days with them and I wasn't even told to mention case number or anything.

But hmm for your case, a brand new set seems unlikely as I see, because it's a telco set...

Spoke at length to Apple and later got transferred to an iOS Senior Advisor who also took my case.

He mentioned that the case is this "hissing" sound is still being investigated and there is nothing much they can do for now.

Also I asked if I could change my set to a new one and he did not object to it because he said it should be covered under the 14days return/refund/exchange policy. but because I have gotten it thru the telco, things are slightly more complicated.

I will have to get Singtel to provide me with a receipt ( $0 for me because of high plan plus online delivery ) to proceed to one of the authorised repair and highlight my case number for their follow thru.

Super troublesome.
 

buffon92

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
594
Reaction score
1
For those who exchanged their telco set at QCD/A.Lab. Do you have to give your phone, wait for replacement to come, then collect your replacement later? :s11: Or just on the spot exchange?

Yes actually u have to leave ur phone for 45mins to let their technician check ur phone before they determine if ur phone will be eligible for 1-1 exchange or repair. However is subject to stocks available. for me , I did emailed them and as such the person did help me reserve a set for me before hand if required to exchange
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
For those who exchanged their telco set at QCD/A.Lab. Do you have to give your phone, wait for replacement to come, then collect your replacement later? :s11: Or just on the spot exchange?

my phone went there this noon. phone needs to be left there for diagnosis. unless there is stock, need to prepare to be 'phoneless' for 3-4 days.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top