Is JB Petrol Really Cheaper??

Helloshane

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Totally agree with it .

I was also counting on the savings and the time spend to travel to and fro.
Like abit bo hua lei. cause my savings like only 30 plus per trip...

but sg petrol really ex!
 

Helloshane

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Anyway bro,

when u all pump in jb, do u go to their local petrol station or those international ones , (SHELL ....)

Anyone know if there is any price differ?
 

lasnoblur

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
5,457
Reaction score
797
Totally agree with it .

I was also counting on the savings and the time spend to travel to and fro.
Like abit bo hua lei. cause my savings like only 30 plus per trip...

but sg petrol really ex!

Of cause u do other stuff other than pumping petrol when u go jb.

If one only pump petrol, I would stay in Singapore to pump. Time and effort not worth it even though there are savings.
 

uniquely_ad

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
11
With good discounts by using Esso, 21.1% or sinopac 23%, if u pump less more than 45 litres, it is a waste of time to save around $20, including toll fees and custom fee, due to the jam.

I usually pump 70 litres.

With some calculation vs the discounts in Singapore, save around $50 to $60, maybe is worth the jam

Bro people go JB at least pump half Tank, go watch movie, go do massage, go grocery shopping, go eat restaurant. I once did a comparison doing the same thing in SG vs JB the price savings it’s astronomical.

Grocery if I buy the same items $300 sgd = I only need to pay 620rm worth of groceries legit I have the receipt to show and I bought the same items..the frozen stuff n Ice creams r amazingly cheap..then If u compare massage in sg vs JB then movies n eat..that’s why you go in don’t just do petrol coz you’re wasting your time n energy
 

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
9,137
Reaction score
787
Bro people go JB at least pump half Tank, go watch movie, go do massage, go grocery shopping, go eat restaurant. I once did a comparison doing the same thing in SG vs JB the price savings it’s astronomical.

Grocery if I buy the same items $300 sgd = I only need to pay 620rm worth of groceries legit I have the receipt to show and I bought the same items..the frozen stuff n Ice creams r amazingly cheap..then If u compare massage in sg vs JB then movies n eat..that’s why you go in don’t just do petrol coz you’re wasting your time n energy

With good discounts by using Esso, 21.1% or sinopac 23%, if u pump less more than 45 litres, it is a waste of time to save around $20, including toll fees and custom fee, due to the jam.

I usually pump 70 litres.

With some calculation vs the discounts in Singapore, save around $50 to $60, maybe is worth the jam

End of the day, is the petrol the only pull factor for ppl to head north, then it may or may not the worth. Depends on individual.

While avoiding the jam is possible if you are frequent visitor to the north. And also "jam" can be a diff to everyone.
 

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
41,583
Reaction score
5,734
Anyway bro,

when u all pump in jb, do u go to their local petrol station or those international ones , (SHELL ....)

Anyone know if there is any price differ?

Petrol subsidies are higher there so yah, definitely cheaper.

Personally, I either go Shell or Caltex, see which one pops up first.
 

Mongoloid69

Banned
Joined
Nov 9, 2019
Messages
1,920
Reaction score
14
Guys whats BlueWave i heard alot Sinkies talking about it i have no idea whats that
Go there pump what?
 

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
9,137
Reaction score
787
Anyway bro,

when u all pump in jb, do u go to their local petrol station or those international ones , (SHELL ....)

Anyone know if there is any price differ?

Sinkie goes for international brands. Shell or Caltex.
btw, Petrons took over Esso in Malaysia.
 

howru2d

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2
Bro people go JB at least pump half Tank, go watch movie, go do massage, go grocery shopping, go eat restaurant. I once did a comparison doing the same thing in SG vs JB the price savings it’s astronomical.

Grocery if I buy the same items $300 sgd = I only need to pay 620rm worth of groceries legit I have the receipt to show and I bought the same items..the frozen stuff n Ice creams r amazingly cheap..then If u compare massage in sg vs JB then movies n eat..that’s why you go in don’t just do petrol coz you’re wasting your time n energy


Yes of course.

Got a friend always pump in jb then eat resturant then massage says he saves a lot.

so I asked him if that day he would have pumped in Singapore would he go resturant and massage?

He said no. Since in jb so spend a bit to have nice treatments... Then his agenda of saving fuel doesn't sounds right to me...he actually spends more due to "go jb for cheap fuel"....


Anyways, that's his logic and many's I supposed. Nothing wrong so long happy.
 

yrh0413

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
613
Reaction score
1
Ron is a measurement, just like Voltage, cm. An A4 paper produced locally will have the same measurement as the same paper produced elsewhere. AA battery manufactured in Singapore and elsewhere will have 1.5V.

Fuel is blended with different additive based on market demand. A Ron97 blended in our country vs Ron97 in JB is still Ron97.

Don’t need to test, there were already many road trips and convoys done by supercar car groups. If JB petrol is really inferior then these cars won’t have driven far.



no such thing? did you actual test it?

no doubt local RON is taken from Malaysia refinery, but it is re-blended locally again for local use.

if Ron97 is Ron97, why waste effort to re-blend again with additives locally.

& again? no one is talking about luxury cars here and what they use. these are 2 different topics :s22::s22:

we are just comparing only local and next door country.
your comparison with country over the other side of sea & what Ron they use? do you actually test those Ron on your car?
 

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
11,915
Reaction score
9
Recently pumped JB Caltex. Wife commented it’s very smooth.

I think Caltex has very good fuel and additives.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top