jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,278
Reaction score
11,573
Thanks for sharing. Damn looks like a good excuse to try back zero drop shoes. I really like NB Minimus last time. :s13:

Well, yeah.....and also toe spring + taper one of the causes of the issue. ie current deisgn athletic race type running shoes. Unless you go wide toe box. But im not an expert on all these, but since you/me not spending huge amounts of time in the race type running shoes it shd be alright.

But it's the same, you zero drop it (and nowadays our latest popular running shoes where got super low drop or zero drop one) , you still need to make sure got enough strength overall for the usual muscles. If not it just causes the issue to shift to the achilles. 🤣

Moral of the story, for those susceptible due to various reasons, need to do strengthening, and add plyo. 🤣
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,557
Reaction score
8,990
Well, yeah.....and also toe spring + taper one of the causes of the issue. ie current deisgn athletic race type running shoes. Unless you go wide toe box. But im not an expert on all these, but since you/me not spending huge amounts of time in the race type running shoes it shd be alright.

But it's the same, you zero drop it (and nowadays our latest popular running shoes where got super low drop or zero drop one) , you still need to make sure got enough strength overall for the usual muscles. If not it just causes the issue to shift to the achilles. 🤣

Moral of the story, for those susceptible due to various reasons, need to do strengthening, and add plyo. 🤣
Ya I will work on the strengthening. Thanks for sharing the squat uni video. :D

An uncle taught me the toe scrunch before. Gonna try do more of that + the one with band.
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
1,794
@WussRedXLi



60m world indoors finals

Two guys got injured leh

6 x 10 sets of box jumps and drop jumps (3 sets of each). The rest within sets is 15s and between sets is 2 min. >> Took me about 25-26 minutes to complete them all. Possible to do without rest to raise HR up, but legs will probably hurt a lot more the next day.

I was talking to a few colleagues who were ex sprinters. Shorter distances apparently easier to get injured.
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
Actually if u plan to run MBS (where I run almost everyday), just go out a bit earlier, usually even until 6.30 plus also not very crowded
yah, my first run was before the sun came out, less people seen running around MBS.
I guess yesterday was weekend and it was later which is normal that more people were running.
i hope i can sleep early tonight to get out before 6.30am tomorrow 😂
 

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
8,409
Reaction score
3,944
Got any running attire to recommend?

I wear tshirt to run normally after easy run 45mins more than half the shirt will be soaking wet
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,278
Reaction score
11,573
Got any running attire to recommend?

I wear tshirt to run normally after easy run 45mins more than half the shirt will be soaking wet

Just go TB and get any of the running t-shirts since you are starting. If you dont mind and have decent arm muscles can try singlets. After that if you think you are really into it then get really branded/better stuff if you require.

I can recommend this, this is my bread n butter workhorse and i must have purchased like more than a dozen total for my whole family as well to use. I wear to office, wear to hawker/NTUC, wear for my workouts...though i must say they are usually not more than 30 mins + i am not a heavy sweater from what i can see out there.
Cheap n good, nothing fancy but quality is more than good enough.
The blue colour is very very nice. White colour also very safe to get, goes well.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...oughtlist.suborder_itemtitle.1.78a52e8dClb9VM

If wanna look more "pro" (more just towards the branding) :
Nedao brand is good and extremely popular in China as well and i also see some locals starting to wear this nowadays, but lots of colour OOS now, and you need to change your default addr to a chinese one first before you can add to cart, then change back to SG for direct ship or other options when checking out.
Anyway, is not very expensive also lah.

The baby blue is quite unique to be honest. You dont see this colour often over here in SG.
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?abbucket=14&id=885434355499&mi_id=0000j9Ck-dwr3tnDMmKb7n-xP7smRrR7X8d3yhKemPzhUzI&ns=1&skuId=6136705290251&spm=a21n57.1.hoverItem.1&utparam={"aplus_abtest":"50458d9f200f1cbbefb93f9447047f7f"}&xxc=taobaoSearch

edit - oh got usual blue too.
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?a...f08d4c41abe7c98d05f745edeb"}&xxc=taobaoSearch
 
Last edited:

s_mario

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2009
Messages
469
Reaction score
238
I have plantar fasciitis, now need to temp stop running for maybe 3 to 6 months and monitor the healing. Anyone have this issue? Sian.
me.. now i have rest since end Jan till now but i feel very much to go run.. hows your pain now? mine doesnt hurt much but sometimes it hurt.. i didnt run but i have been cyling, rowing and doing ellitpcal
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,278
Reaction score
11,573

Outdoor Physical Activity is More Beneficial than Indoor Activity for Cognition in Young People​


 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,278
Reaction score
11,573

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,344
Reaction score
7,973
Got any running attire to recommend?

I wear tshirt to run normally after easy run 45mins more than half the shirt will be soaking wet
I chime in. I wear mostly vented holes singlet. Those western brand are expensive. From Tao bao, I got brands from Qiaodan, UTO, Nedao, Flipbelt. All about similar quality as western brand and they weigh only 45 to 60 gram for L or XL. I have 4 UTO singlets that weight under 30 grams, but I can't find them anymore.. Quick dry and most importantly is they don't hold as much sweat as most generic polyester singlets, very drippy. So end result is they don't get heavy at full sweat saturation, the rest of the sweat just drip down.
 

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
9,714
Reaction score
1,056
Got any running attire to recommend?

I wear tshirt to run normally after easy run 45mins more than half the shirt will be soaking wet
Go safra emart buy those SAF unit singlet. Cheap and quality decent. Quickdry effect is ok-ish but i find the sweat tend to get wicked and stays at the bottom of the singlet. If you not BBFA, i recommend searching for this kind of singlet on local or china ecommerce platforms.
6drLPMP.jpeg

Material very thin, comfortable and full of holes for ventilation. Quickdry effect is superb.
 

dev_stg_prd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
6,801
Reaction score
3,037
I chime in. I wear mostly vented holes singlet. Those western brand are expensive. From Tao bao, I got brands from Qiaodan, UTO, Nedao, Flipbelt. All about similar quality as western brand and they weigh only 45 to 60 gram for L or XL. I have 4 UTO singlets that weight under 30 grams, but I can't find them anymore.. Quick dry and most importantly is they don't hold as much sweat as most generic polyester singlets, very drippy. So end result is they don't get heavy at full sweat saturation, the rest of the sweat just drip down.
get from official or taobao cheaper ah? how is sizing?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top