Get well soon sir! If needed maybe can see podiatristHaha if I am able to lace up for BYDSIM, I may just attempt to go under 3.30. Only left 8 weeks and I am still unable to run atm
Get well soon sir! If needed maybe can see podiatristHaha if I am able to lace up for BYDSIM, I may just attempt to go under 3.30. Only left 8 weeks and I am still unable to run atm
wah sub 3, not in my lifetime I think....Definitely. Everyone are improving fast haha. I saw that achieving sub 3 at KLSCM,you will only be ranked like top 50 or 60 haha.
I am quite cautious now because I developed URTI from the haze and that affected my training. So, when I see the 1 hour PM2.4 as elevated, I rather go gym and run treadmill.Good call.
Yesterday the group leaders of the training group that i join made the call to cancel last night's session, coz since morning already know for sure cannot make it. But 24h PSI was still 103 then (South).
Some participants were questioning this. Coz seriously not say high, to be honest.
The group leaders and some others just said sometimes you just gotta use trends by looking outside and current info and apply your own common sense.
Either that or join other groups i guess. On Tue, the 6.30, 7pm brief but big spike to comfortably well over AQI 200 levels and street level at Marina Boulevard the top of the skyscrapers already like mong cha cha, i still managed to see many groups and pax some well kitted pro looking folks even doing fast intervals, as in really fast stuff i guesstimate comfortably below 4:00 pace, probably pack 1 or something.
airgradient was showing spikes of over 165 ug/m3 (AQI 230 or something)
Last night also, at MBS n GBTB/BEG area. Tons of runners, cyclists not so much.
I just go there zone 1 with KF94 mask and look see F1 stuff and F1 tourist watching nia. Last evening last chance to do so, tonight i thnik they close the F1 admission gantries liao.![]()
Pacer is a good way to shut your mind and just let the momentum carry you forward. If you feel confident with the last few km, can always break off from the pacer and run your own race.Yeah, think 3:30 would be an ok pace, at most since got pacers now for bydsim, follow them but see how it goes haha. Still like to run on my own rather than with one group of ppl. But means if they are near me I am good haha.
Yeah plenty of good plans to follow.
Yeah, nowadays I am seeing more Singaporeans even running 2.4x marathon.Definitely. Everyone are improving fast haha. I saw that achieving sub 3 at KLSCM,you will only be ranked like top 50 or 60 haha.
I have the same arch issue on my left foot that I sustained during my 2.4km training. Now, the soreness is less, but I still feel it from time to time.Haha if I am able to lace up for BYDSIM, I may just attempt to go under 3.30. Only left 8 weeks and I am still unable to run atm
My next goal for next year is actually Sub 3 haha. But need to push my HM to low 126 first.I am quite cautious now because I developed URTI from the haze and that affected my training. So, when I see the 1 hour PM2.4 as elevated, I rather go gym and run treadmill.
Grateful that I can use my company gym treadmill, the membership is cheap ($30 for 6 months).
Pacer is a good way to shut your mind and just let the momentum carry you forward. If you feel confident with the last few km, can always break off from the pacer and run your own race.
Yeah, nowadays I am seeing more Singaporeans even running 2.4x marathon.
https://runsingaporerankings.com/ra...rathon&nationality=singaporean&age=all&page=1
cool climate already have 21 singaporeans running <2.50 marathon.
I have the same arch issue on my left foot that I sustained during my 2.4km training. Now, the soreness is less, but I still feel it from time to time.
I tried to run treadmill today, lasted 1 min, found it too boring, decide to run outside anyway despite the haze. I guess have to get used to treadmill. Get well soon!I am quite cautious now because I developed URTI from the haze and that affected my training. So, when I see the 1 hour PM2.4 as elevated, I rather go gym and run treadmill.
Grateful that I can use my company gym treadmill, the membership is cheap ($30 for 6 months).
Pacer is a good way to shut your mind and just let the momentum carry you forward. If you feel confident with the last few km, can always break off from the pacer and run your own race.
Yeah, nowadays I am seeing more Singaporeans even running 2.4x marathon.
https://runsingaporerankings.com/ra...rathon&nationality=singaporean&age=all&page=1
cool climate already have 21 singaporeans running <2.50 marathon.
I have the same arch issue on my left foot that I sustained during my 2.4km training. Now, the soreness is less, but I still feel it from time to time.
may have to take a break like u said. Yeah I read online saying sub 3 must minimally 1.26. Cause I was looking at chatgpt to see if possible for me to aim sub 3 in korea hahaMy next goal for next year is actually Sub 3 haha. But need to push my HM to low 126 first.
Actually I have been running with the arch issue for a while but now that it have been affecting my runs, just got to stop. Like easy runs also become harder now
With my 5,10 and HM stats, I was predicted to run around 310 which is what I want to try during BYD but with only 8 weeks left, that is out of the question already. Just hope to be able to lace up with no pain and break PB first hahamay have to take a break like u said. Yeah I read online saying sub 3 must minimally 1.26. Cause I was looking at chatgpt to see if possible for me to aim sub 3 in korea haha
Yeah, I think your immediate goal is to run pain-free.With my 5,10 and HM stats, I was predicted to run around 310 which is what I want to try during BYD but with only 8 weeks left, that is out of the question already. Just hope to be able to lace up with no pain and break PB first haha
You were training for HM before your marathon ma and your goal was Sub 90 so I think your coach reckon your goal of 3.30 is set too low hahaha.Yeah, I think your immediate goal is to run pain-free.
For me, I am also surprised that until now I don't see any marathon training planned by coach yet. I also am going holiday in nov so think 3:30 may not even be in reach for me haha
Actually Osaka Marathon nearer and cheaper. Gold Coast is less convenient and definitely more expensive.For flat course, the nearest and cheaper one for us is the gold coast Marathon.
Berlin would be more prestige and desirable for star medal collectors.
All the best, I will be looking to do 2 serious HM next year before my end of year M attempt in 2027.My next goal for next year is actually Sub 3 haha. But need to push my HM to low 126 first.
Actually I have been running with the arch issue for a while but now that it have been affecting my runs, just got to stop. Like easy runs also become harder now
Be cautious of the haze, I don't like running on treadmill but it's still bearable. Not sure how long this haze will last, but my guess is if it is serious enough, more races will be potentially cancelled.I tried to run treadmill today, lasted 1 min, found it too boring, decide to run outside anyway despite the haze. I guess have to get used to treadmill. Get well soon!
I ran Gold Coast Marathon this year and spent about mid 2k for a 1 week trip there. Should be somewhere between 2.5-2.7k. The food/transport expenses was about $400+. Hotel about $1k (I didn't go for budget backpacker hotel). Flight about $900 (I took SQ).Actually Osaka Marathon nearer and cheaper. Gold Coast is less convenient and definitely more expensive.
Osaka marathon's ballot odd is much better than Tokyo. And then also if cannot get ballot can always buy a hotel+bib package from Ahotu which is still quite reasonably priced.