jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
Zhar boh. Elderly.

If done properly and progressively overloaded and trained, both skeletal, joints, back, tendons, muscular everything, is relatively safe one. You can even do a bit of rounded back (YT the form required on how to do it safely). My back also not straight one (i cant help it), but i do try to avoid the hinging aspect of the discs.

You go hoot 1 time jialat and jumped, of coz it's like the same in cycling, running. Even seasoned runners kena injuries. Nothing new at all.



 
Last edited:

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,354
Reaction score
7,992
Will never be able to do this. Esp with my scoliosis?
Axial load on the spine too high. Risky, think will pecah.

Now converted from split stance deadlift, probably equals to 110kg at best

KNN even for his age/weight (weight ard mine), need lifting belt liao. But heng my grip strength i got train, one arm tahan 70+kg no issue.


I used to be holistic when I started changing for an active lifestyle. So weighted barbell dead lift was a routine once weekly at active sg gym until one day my back ache. Since then I don't dare to go back to barbell dead lift.
I think for runners, single leg dead lift with lower weights like kettle bell are safer and more useful for balance.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
I used to be holistic when I started changing for an active lifestyle. So weighted barbell dead lift was a routine once weekly at active sg gym until one day my back ache. Since then I don't dare to go back to barbell dead lift.
I think for runners, single leg dead lift with lower weights like kettle bell are safer and more useful for balance.

I used to do single leg RDLs, but seems like more skills needed than the effort than i can truly focus on, riskier but can train the balance aspect. Then just switched to more normal single leg deadlifts can liao. I think as long as there are single leg elements in other areas like plyo, it shd be fine. Single leg unilateral stuff i feel is a must for runners and cyclists, if not really can get imbalance, esp with our imperfect biomechanics and if one is esp susceptible to master/slave limbs.

For runners, just 0.6-0.8x BW for single leg deadlifts can liao........if want to be more advanced then approach 1 x BW.

Im also quite mindful about herniation, but so far so good. But really, my progress is nothing to shout about, just slowly inch up with the slow grind.

 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
BTW, if squats are causing you knee pain, can try this. Use more minibands if you must.
Move the leg on the ground a bit back (relative to the extension leg) if you wanna train that part of initial ROM with separate sets.....of coz then you would not be able to fully extend.

 

GlassDoor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,233
Sun dry only? When my shoes are wet with sweat, is washing time. So it's any run more than 70 minutes, even easy pace, high chance is I have to wash.
err... based on my running now. Shoes get WET every single run. Like that i need to wash shoes everyday
Two variables on sun drying the shoes
1) depends on how padded the shoe is (most padded in my everyday rotation now is SL2)
2) how much sun I get in the afternoon. SL2 need 2-3 hours under direct sun to dry out. Fo the others an hour on direct fan and another hour under sun ok liao)

I don't run back to back with the same shoe so it's ok if they take a day to two to dry. But I will like to thank my family members and neighbors for their "tolerance" to the occasional salted fish smell. :ROFLMAO:

p.s. sunning is key if want to get rid of smell. If i let the shoe dry out over 2-3 days under shade. it will dry and it will SMELL!
 
Last edited:

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
9,010
My LiNing Feidian 6 elite arrived today. :D

Immediately took for a run.

Supposed to do strides because of plantar pain. Target 4.50 to 5 min pace.

But this thing is too bouncy, too fast! Like stepping on a trampoline and balance ball combined.

Got carried away, end up run sprints instead. (3.45 to 4.30)

Only 1 rep ran 5min pace and felt perfect form.

Cadence increased naturally, just wanna go fast.

Stability might be a concern but I actually prefer "unstable" ride. Too much built-in support would give me tight IT band Instead.

The trampoline effect is felt more in the heel. Forefoot lesser which I suppose is good to feel every step-off.

Cushioning is not as soft as Qiaodan Plaid 1 and 1.5.

It's like the part touching your foot is not as soft. But the midsole further below is very bouncy.

First impressions for now.

I bought off Taobao from VIVI Running World instead of official store.

Because they are giving a pair of free shoes with the purchase. If you don't want the free gift, they will give a refund of RMB200 instead.

Just need to share a photo review after the product is received. :)

【淘宝】大促价保 https://e.tb.cn/h.7nAFSwyYx1IMZ9s?tk=OzPIU5LE16J MF937 「李宁 飞电6 ELITE男女跑步鞋超䨻胶囊竞速碳板6E新款马拉松比赛」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开
 
Last edited:

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,354
Reaction score
7,992
My LiNing Feidian 6 elite arrived today. :D

Immediately took for a run.

Supposed to do strides because of plantar pain. Target 4.50 to 5 min pace.

But this thing is too bouncy, too fast! Like stepping on a trampoline and balance ball combined.

Got carried away, end up run sprints instead. (3.45 to 4.30)

Only 1 rep ran 5min pace and felt perfect form.

Cadence increased naturally, just wanna go fast.

Stability might be a concern but I actually prefer "unstable" ride. Too much built-in support would give me tight IT band Instead.

The trampoline effect is felt more in the heel. Forefoot lesser which I suppose is good to feel every step-off.

Cushioning is not as soft as Qiaodan Plaid 1 and 1.5.

It's like the part touching your foot is not as soft. But the midsole further below is very bouncy.

First impressions for now.

I bought off Taobao from VIVI Running World instead of official store.

Because they are giving a pair of free shoes with the purchase. If you don't want the free gift, they will give a refund of RMB200 instead.

Just need to share a photo review after the product is received. :)

【淘宝】大促价保 https://e.tb.cn/h.7nAFSwyYx1IMZ9s?tk=OzPIU5LE16J MF937 「李宁 飞电6 ELITE男女跑步鞋超䨻胶囊竞速碳板6E新款马拉松比赛」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开
Nice, I am hoping to get this for the 6:18 or 11.11, closer to SCSM date. If I get too early, the midsole might aged too much before the race.
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
9,010
Nice, I am hoping to get this for the 6:18 or 11.11, closer to SCSM date. If I get too early, the midsole might aged too much before the race.
Ya hope will have discounts later. As long as the bouncy durability holds up, I think this shoe is really different.

Only concern is the stability. I tried doing single leg deadlift while wearing the shoes. Felt like doing on balance ball. Increased difficulty. :s13:

Oh ya, the sock-like upper is not as tight as Plaid 2 or 1.5 which holds the foot securely.

I bought true to size, 44. The upper felt somewhat loose when walking, running and changing direction.

People who prefer a tight sock fit could try going 1/2 size down.

Risk is a narrower arch which might cause abrasion.
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,236
Reaction score
5,130
My LiNing Feidian 6 elite arrived today. :D

Immediately took for a run.

Supposed to do strides because of plantar pain. Target 4.50 to 5 min pace.

But this thing is too bouncy, too fast! Like stepping on a trampoline and balance ball combined.

Got carried away, end up run sprints instead. (3.45 to 4.30)

Only 1 rep ran 5min pace and felt perfect form.

Cadence increased naturally, just wanna go fast.

Stability might be a concern but I actually prefer "unstable" ride. Too much built-in support would give me tight IT band Instead.

The trampoline effect is felt more in the heel. Forefoot lesser which I suppose is good to feel every step-off.

Cushioning is not as soft as Qiaodan Plaid 1 and 1.5.

It's like the part touching your foot is not as soft. But the midsole further below is very bouncy.

First impressions for now.

I bought off Taobao from VIVI Running World instead of official store.

Because they are giving a pair of free shoes with the purchase. If you don't want the free gift, they will give a refund of RMB200 instead.

Just need to share a photo review after the product is received. :)

【淘宝】大促价保 https://e.tb.cn/h.7nAFSwyYx1IMZ9s?tk=OzPIU5LE16J MF937 「李宁 飞电6 ELITE男女跑步鞋超䨻胶囊竞速碳板6E新款马拉松比赛」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开
GXGX...enjoy!
 

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2000
Messages
11,861
Reaction score
361
My LiNing Feidian 6 elite arrived today. :D

Immediately took for a run.

Supposed to do strides because of plantar pain. Target 4.50 to 5 min pace.

But this thing is too bouncy, too fast! Like stepping on a trampoline and balance ball combined.

Got carried away, end up run sprints instead. (3.45 to 4.30)

Only 1 rep ran 5min pace and felt perfect form.

Cadence increased naturally, just wanna go fast.

Stability might be a concern but I actually prefer "unstable" ride. Too much built-in support would give me tight IT band Instead.

The trampoline effect is felt more in the heel. Forefoot lesser which I suppose is good to feel every step-off.

Cushioning is not as soft as Qiaodan Plaid 1 and 1.5.

It's like the part touching your foot is not as soft. But the midsole further below is very bouncy.

First impressions for now.

I bought off Taobao from VIVI Running World instead of official store.

Because they are giving a pair of free shoes with the purchase. If you don't want the free gift, they will give a refund of RMB200 instead.

Just need to share a photo review after the product is received. :)

【淘宝】大促价保 https://e.tb.cn/h.7nAFSwyYx1IMZ9s?tk=OzPIU5LE16J MF937 「李宁 飞电6 ELITE男女跑步鞋超䨻胶囊竞速碳板6E新款马拉松比赛」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开
Thanks for sharing the impressions! You bought at RMB1299?
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
Nice, I am hoping to get this for the 6:18 or 11.11, closer to SCSM date. If I get too early, the midsole might aged too much before the race.
My LiNing Feidian 6 elite arrived today. :D

Immediately took for a run.

Supposed to do strides because of plantar pain. Target 4.50 to 5 min pace.

But this thing is too bouncy, too fast! Like stepping on a trampoline and balance ball combined.

Got carried away, end up run sprints instead. (3.45 to 4.30)

Only 1 rep ran 5min pace and felt perfect form.

Cadence increased naturally, just wanna go fast.

Stability might be a concern but I actually prefer "unstable" ride. Too much built-in support would give me tight IT band Instead.

The trampoline effect is felt more in the heel. Forefoot lesser which I suppose is good to feel every step-off.

Cushioning is not as soft as Qiaodan Plaid 1 and 1.5.

It's like the part touching your foot is not as soft. But the midsole further below is very bouncy.

First impressions for now.

I bought off Taobao from VIVI Running World instead of official store.

Because they are giving a pair of free shoes with the purchase. If you don't want the free gift, they will give a refund of RMB200 instead.

Just need to share a photo review after the product is received. :)

【淘宝】大促价保 https://e.tb.cn/h.7nAFSwyYx1IMZ9s?tk=OzPIU5LE16J MF937 「李宁 飞电6 ELITE男女跑步鞋超䨻胶囊竞速碳板6E新款马拉松比赛」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开

"Too" bouncy is good, anyway we all have very soft shoes liao, Plaid 1.0 paved the way.

There will be one day in which even this shoe is surpassed and we get past 95 or even 97% energy return (at least in textbook terms) and we all go "Holy sheet man". Even if dont race, the experience will be something.

Really looks to be worthwhile investment as per sales69's mini review, just get 1 very serious 9.5/10 shoe this year and that's it, esp good for the comparatively shorter distance runners. For daily trainers anything also can.......we all have more than enough to chew thru. Dont get those 8, 8.5, 9/10 stuff liao.
 
Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,681
Reaction score
5,747
Bad luck—after finally recovering from my knee injury and returning to brisk walking, I’ve now developed runner’s toe. :ROFLMAO:

A black, purple, or brown toenail from running, often called "runner’s toe" or subungual hematoma, is caused by blood pooling under the nail due to repeated impact against the shoe. It is generally a harmless, though painful, condition caused by long-distance running, improper shoe fit, or long nails.
Key Takeaways
  • Cause: The toe hits the front or top of the shoe repeatedly, causing bleeding under the nail.
  • Treatment: If painless, no treatment is needed, and the nail will grow out (which can take months). For pain, rest, ice, or having a podiatrist drain the blood (trephination) can help.
  • Prevention: Wear properly fitted running shoes (often a half-size larger), keep toenails trimmed short, and use moisture-wicking socks.
  • When to see a doctor: If the nail causes significant pain, shows signs of infection (pus, intense redness), or if the blackness is not due to trauma.
Common Causes & Prevention
  • Shoe Size: Shoes that are too small or too big can cause the foot to slide, forcing the toes into the front of the shoe.
  • Long Toenails: Toenails that are not trimmed regularly will strike the shoe more frequently.
  • Running Downhill: This creates more downward pressure on the toenails.


I don’t understand— I’ve worn the same shoes for years, so why has runner’s toe developed only now?
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
Ya hope will have discounts later. As long as the bouncy durability holds up, I think this shoe is really different.

Only concern is the stability. I tried doing single leg deadlift while wearing the shoes. Felt like doing on balance ball. Increased difficulty. :s13:

I am a simple man.

Whenever i see single leg deadlift/squat, i press like.
It's like boobs.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
Bad luck—after finally recovering from my knee injury and returning to brisk walking, I’ve now developed runner’s toe. :ROFLMAO:




I don’t understand— I’ve worn the same shoes for years, so why has runner’s toe developed only now?

Relac, this one is pretty ok one. Just look out for infection from now on, see company GP if that happens for the usual meds.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,662
I remember the days when my wife's GP tried hard selling her ozempic treatment time and time again coz she wants to lose weight and is developing NAFLD.




Bonus

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top