jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,273
Reaction score
11,572
For Overhead Press (ie specifically "Log Lift" @ fitness corner)

Just thought of 1 way to increase weight resistance. No need for gym membership.

Use your 2.08m resistance band and lup 1 end over the long, the other end over your 2 legs. Latext bands are good. Resistance is decently nice even with the hand at the shoulder and of coz when extended it is max resistance.

BTW, as usual, before you do these more advanced movements, make sure you have good scapular stability / strength. Maybe do some scapular pull ups or even scapular circles on the pull up bar (might be even better than the pull ups) so that your smaller muscles like rhomboids / mid and lower traps



Wah youtube really everything also got

 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
1,794
DNF my run this morning. maybe its the heat.. maybe it's just mental fatigue. stopped at merlion less than 10k into run. got a drink and sat at merlion steps for quite a while looking at the world go by and then took bus home.
as they say 明天会更好
Sunday also, easy 2 hours but 1.5 hours in I was like dying liao due to heat or what. I slogged the last 30 mins but HR was alarming for the pace haha
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,273
Reaction score
11,572
I run in the morning.. so its almost always like 85+% upwards :cry:
the bright side is that most if not all of the regular runners here are all heat and humidity acclimatized. Low risk of heat stress related injuries 💪


Sunday also, easy 2 hours but 1.5 hours in I was like dying liao due to heat or what. I slogged the last 30 mins but HR was alarming for the pace haha

@sph777

BTW, Tokyo also relatively warm this year. Not really good to PB......... I mean, since it's gonna be like 2k SGD+ that one is gonna spend for overseas FM.

1155h reached 17 and 1255h reached 18 deg C. Start 0910h. RH% i cant find but i think shd be 40-50% range.

WSRfLdv.jpg
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
1,794
@sph777

BTW, Tokyo also relatively warm this year. Not really good to PB......... I mean, since it's gonna be like 2k SGD+ that one is gonna spend for overseas FM.

1155h reached 17 and 1255h reached 18 deg C. Start 0910h. RH% i cant find but i think shd be 40-50% range.

WSRfLdv.jpg
I heard last year NYC marathon also hot.
 

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
9,710
Reaction score
1,051
Bruh stop with the price drop already........lucky quota sold out before i decide to get a backup pair even before my 1st pair left china port:ROFLMAO:......heart pain price drop by around SGD$20 in a matter of one week.
ltlhzwo.jpeg


Could see below 400rmb by 6.18...........
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,555
Reaction score
8,987
Bruh stop with the price drop already........lucky quota sold out before i decide to get a backup pair even before my 1st pair left china port:ROFLMAO:......heart pain price drop by around SGD$20 in a matter of one week.
ltlhzwo.jpeg


Could see below 400rmb by 6.18...........
Wow. Can consider buy as walking shoe. Sounds crazy but I enjoy wearing Redhare for walking over running.

But atm, I self poison myself with this Runsifly shoe. PEBA midsole, soft, bouncy, fast. :s13:



 

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
9,710
Reaction score
1,051
Wow. Can consider buy as walking shoe. Sounds crazy but I enjoy wearing Redhare for walking over running.
If Redhare 9U drops below 400rmb then its well worth getting a backup pair. Li Ning SG store still selling at $199 and their shopee store $239........at that price can buy Feidian 6E online with spare change. My main worry is sizing because i have a pair of Feidian 5C and the length of the shoe and the toe box is noticeably smaller than other chinese brands.
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,555
Reaction score
8,987
If Redhare 9U drops below 400rmb then its well worth getting a backup pair. Li Ning SG store still selling at $199 and their shopee store $239........at that price can buy Feidian 6E online with spare change. My main worry is sizing because i have a pair of Feidian 5C and the length of the shoe and the toe box is noticeably smaller than other chinese brands.
Ya hope drop more then I will get as backup.

Sizing should be fine as long as your feet are not overly wide like 4E.

Western brands I wear size 10 2E or 10.5/11D. Mostly buy size 44 for China shoes.

This Redhare at 44 has ample width and length. Not tight.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,273
Reaction score
11,572
For muslim women in this thread........

Can be done. 👌👌
No excuses.

edit - but of coz must be careful when on certain machines probably.





 
Last edited:

GlassDoor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,233
Sunday also, easy 2 hours but 1.5 hours in I was like dying liao due to heat or what. I slogged the last 30 mins but HR was alarming for the pace haha
Did another 12k easy run this morning... cloudy but can still feel the heat and humidity. Personally the hardest part is stepping out the door to run. Can always shorten or slow your pace.
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
1,097
Bruh stop with the price drop already........lucky quota sold out before i decide to get a backup pair even before my 1st pair left china port:ROFLMAO:......heart pain price drop by around SGD$20 in a matter of one week.
ltlhzwo.jpeg


Could see below 400rmb by 6.18...........
Is this legit? I always buy from official store at a premium. I know of stores offering at a discount but a bit wary haha
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
1,794
Did another 12k easy run this morning... cloudy but can still feel the heat and humidity. Personally the hardest part is stepping out the door to run. Can always shorten or slow your pace.
yeah, I ran slower but the hr went up by a lot even with the slower pace. Now just need to get used to the humidity again.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top