jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,276
Reaction score
11,573
2:54

ps Note : this is by no means a recommendation to train. Just for information purposes only, esp for those doing multi disciplinary sports.


Crazy results as he said he has had zero training for this marathon due to injury which he picked up @ Ang Kor Wat Cambodia marathon in early Dec.
He did post in the last update vid on Feb 8th that he only could do cycling/elliptical/swimming as cross training and also gym work for S&C, and zero running in the past month prior to that vid. But he also did mention he did go really really hard in those things. (there is a difference between a social recreational cyclist vs one who do it with any form of structure on a trainer - those 564km in January are possibly all quality KMs)

Though he also did mention in the Tokyo vid that his right hamstring didnt feel particularly good for the last 4km. But i mean, this could be anything also, pure runners also suffer from such things.


Also, really marketing Tokyo as an excellent solid holiday marathon destination, good for enjoying your run and chilling.

Anyway i dont think at around 17 deg C and 40-50% RH for the last hour 11-12pm, it's gonna be too warm for local runners, despite it being an unseasonally warm day.
Not a single drop of sweat here on Ben when he finished, of coz he came from Thailand and not from a temperate country.




Feb 8th vid. Actually not say high vol cycling also, just a decent amount but it shd be enough if it is quality sessions. Not sure about the swimming or elliptical.

Pa6UwEs.jpg

kBpzSTG.jpg

 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,276
Reaction score
11,573
Seems like no Runmax uncle footage this year round........he did private pacing duties to do sub-3 for a school group

Another runner's POV footage

 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,952
Reaction score
17,191
Oh. Local, I am registered for 2XU although kinda regretted it. Pen C Somemore.

This year no more Lazada Run 21km. Maybe will sign up for Garmin Run. And there is a new midnight race this year.

https://midnightrunasia.com/singapore/#
Can use 2XU as training race, since you paid for it, might as well go. But don’t have to exhaust yourself to go for PB

Midnight run will be interesting, since no more sundown. I might consider this if it’s later half of the year.
I have the ebook Advance Marathoning that the fitzinger plan came from. PM me if you want to read the book.
I will need to take a look at the book after the marathon.

I think the 18 weeks plan is great for rebuilding back base. 12 weeks possible if base is developed and time is tight.

Some people mentioned that the tune up race is actually all out effort but I think it’s just too much since in the same week, I have to do a long run. I will still run hard but be realistic. I will run 15k > 8k > 10k in the tune up
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,276
Reaction score
11,573
Dont ask me how true is it or about the exact science or needing to quote studies. I also just know it more or less works for me and specific use case and interests. Maybe take away the time efficiency bit...but of coz if you have no issues devoting > 4 h/wk for training then really no issue...or you might have issues with impactful training so the training hours volume is secondary etc.

edit - im not into Hyrox, but you get the idea.
This fella is also (very) fast in the Hyrox space.....comfortably sub 1:00 fella even though is M45-49 (just found out, 53 min PB)....believe that's wayyyyyyy faster than what our local athletes are at.


 
Last edited:

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
1,097
Can use 2XU as training race, since you paid for it, might as well go. But don’t have to exhaust yourself to go for PB

Midnight run will be interesting, since no more sundown. I might consider this if it’s later half of the year.

I will need to take a look at the book after the marathon.

I think the 18 weeks plan is great for rebuilding back base. 12 weeks possible if base is developed and time is tight.

Some people mentioned that the tune up race is actually all out effort but I think it’s just too much since in the same week, I have to do a long run. I will still run hard but be realistic. I will run 15k > 8k > 10k in the tune up
Actually gonna use 2XU to run 4.15-4.16 pace and see how long I can last haha.

Training have not been going smooth since my injury. But I am still hopeful
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,276
Reaction score
11,573
TF......the last girl i salute.....no joke even @ 5:52 at that size not easy at all, even entering the race i think vast majority would think thrice.


 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,344
Reaction score
7,973
Some people mentioned that the tune up race is actually all out effort but I think it’s just too much since in the same week, I have to do a long run. I will still run hard but be realistic. I will run 15k > 8k > 10k in the tune up
The book has a paragraph or two on tune up races and explain the rational of tune up races. You can decide what to do after reading it.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top