WussRedXLi
Greater Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jun 15, 2001
- Messages
- 95,456
- Reaction score
- 11,637
Haven't achieved yet, aiming for it haha3:30 already very solid! Give you big thumbs up. I wish I run like that!
Running Department has a 3:30 pace group for this year BYDSGIM! First time! I have been joining them for their Saturdays long runs and their pacing is actually consistent!I did check for last year 2025 scsm. Running department fastest group is 3hr45 mins . Maybe this year getting faster !
Klscm... Just don't have the energy to push the last 10km+
Shaved off 45 mins off my pb
![]()
what's yours right now?Haven't achieved yet, aiming for it haha
Would you run today? Based on the visibility. Today is quite bad .
But if judged thru "smell" it doesn't smell that bad for me. I would run after the sunset .. but today I give myself a rest since I ran yesterday 10km. Planing a longer run for tmr morning . Hopefully![]()
Would you run today? Based on the visibility. Today is quite bad .
But if judged thru "smell" it doesn't smell that bad for me. I would run after the sunset .. but today I give myself a rest since I ran yesterday 10km. Planing a longer run for tmr morning . Hopefully![]()
3:30 marathon is quite nice if you are projected to run faster than that. I did my marathon around that pace and I was able to enjoy the marathon.Marathon I dun have lofty goals. BYD aiming for 3:30 (hopefully no cramps). Seoul I go to try overseas marathon in cold weather for the first time.
I failed the ballot even for Taipei Marathon/Half Marathon, but I managed to get the Hong Kong Marathon/Half Marathon which is easier to get in. Majors are definitely a lot harder to get in.Butties who want to try overseas marathon in cooler weather can also try ballot for next year's Berlin marathon, one of Abbott's WMM event.
Supposedly one of the easier event to ballot for. (still 20-25% chance according to google)
Gold Coast don't have to ballot, first come first serve. Went for it this year, highly recommend.For flat course, the nearest and cheaper one for us is the gold coast Marathon.
Berlin would be more prestige and desirable for star medal collectors.
Some people suggested increasing the chances for those who failed before, but no such system in place yet for the balloting process.I've tried tokyo 4 times, London twice, NY twice, Berlin and chicago once
So 10 times total
all failed
I switched to running in gym treadmill, to avoid the haze.Would you run today? Based on the visibility. Today is quite bad .
But if judged thru "smell" it doesn't smell that bad for me. I would run after the sunset .. but today I give myself a rest since I ran yesterday 10km. Planing a longer run for tmr morning . Hopefully![]()
I gave up on chasing time goals, maybe I might consider the 40s age range, especially the 45-49 range. But, the requirement might get harder over time. Most likely, I will seek coaching after I am done with self training. I am still planning to try out some marathon plans (example: Marathon excellence Wind plan, Daniels plan). Given that I don't intend to run more than 1 marathon a year, it will take some time to exhaust the marathon running plans.Run a 2.50 marathon can go for both Chicago and Boston haha![]()
But if judged thru "smell" it doesn't smell that bad for me. I would run after the sunset ..
BTW bro winningeleven.....you can actually use visibility to guage, as a quick and dirty way when you want a quick check, without using your phone to check airgradient/aqicn for near real-time past 5-15 mins info. Not even talking about the past 1hr PM2.5, which you know by now in reality and practice it can lag for 1.5 to 2hrs.
Coz for visibility, it actually errs on the side of caution - ie it looks worse than the ug/m3 concentration is.
But the converse cannot be true, ie it cannot look clear and nice while the ug/m3 concentration is high....that does not happen
For smell, there is no solid correlation and can be dangerous as the possible scenarios is the direct opposite of visibility, ie it can smell like nothing but AQI is very high. But for the converse, it can also smell bad but in reality, the air quality is not too bad.
in fact 2015 various instances it got to nearly 300 and smelled like nothing.....probably part of the reason why some runners still ran, esp for those whose units cannot see farther into the distance and on street level while running that's lagi worse.
It's the former that is "dangerous" - smell nothing but high AQI. The latter is fine, smell sucks but air quality good, coz then you wont run
So in a nutshell, can use visibility as a guage, but not smell.
I switched to running in gym treadmill, to avoid the haze.
The haze issue is like yearly occurrence. I remb there was a time when the PSI is 150++ and the smell was really bad .
But When running at dawn / before sunrise or dark. Still able the judge the visibility ?
I ran 3:45 in 2022 when I had no coach and just ran on my own haha. Have never been close sincewhat's yours right now?
Yeah, think 3:30 would be an ok pace, at most since got pacers now for bydsim, follow them but see how it goes haha. Still like to run on my own rather than with one group of ppl. But means if they are near me I am good haha.3:30 marathon is quite nice if you are projected to run faster than that. I did my marathon around that pace and I was able to enjoy the marathon.
I failed the ballot even for Taipei Marathon/Half Marathon, but I managed to get the Hong Kong Marathon/Half Marathon which is easier to get in. Majors are definitely a lot harder to get in.
Gold Coast don't have to ballot, first come first serve. Went for it this year, highly recommend.
Some people suggested increasing the chances for those who failed before, but no such system in place yet for the balloting process.
I switched to running in gym treadmill, to avoid the haze.
I gave up on chasing time goals, maybe I might consider the 40s age range, especially the 45-49 range. But, the requirement might get harder over time. Most likely, I will seek coaching after I am done with self training. I am still planning to try out some marathon plans (example: Marathon excellence Wind plan, Daniels plan). Given that I don't intend to run more than 1 marathon a year, it will take some time to exhaust the marathon running plans.
This morning at 5am, PSI for 2.5 was 81 at central but no smell so I went ahead. No visibility issues.The haze issue is like yearly occurrence. I remb there was a time when the PSI is 150++ and the smell was really bad .
But When running at dawn / before sunrise or dark. Still able the judge the visibility ?
Definitely. Everyone are improving fast haha. I saw that achieving sub 3 at KLSCM,you will only be ranked like top 50 or 60 haha.3:30 marathon is quite nice if you are projected to run faster than that. I did my marathon around that pace and I was able to enjoy the marathon.
I failed the ballot even for Taipei Marathon/Half Marathon, but I managed to get the Hong Kong Marathon/Half Marathon which is easier to get in. Majors are definitely a lot harder to get in.
Gold Coast don't have to ballot, first come first serve. Went for it this year, highly recommend.
Some people suggested increasing the chances for those who failed before, but no such system in place yet for the balloting process.
I switched to running in gym treadmill, to avoid the haze.
I gave up on chasing time goals, maybe I might consider the 40s age range, especially the 45-49 range. But, the requirement might get harder over time. Most likely, I will seek coaching after I am done with self training. I am still planning to try out some marathon plans (example: Marathon excellence Wind plan, Daniels plan). Given that I don't intend to run more than 1 marathon a year, it will take some time to exhaust the marathon running plans.
Haha if I am able to lace up for BYDSIM, I may just attempt to go under 3.30. Only left 8 weeks and I am still unable to run atmYeah, think 3:30 would be an ok pace, at most since got pacers now for bydsim, follow them but see how it goes haha. Still like to run on my own rather than with one group of ppl. But means if they are near me I am good haha.
Yeah plenty of good plans to follow.