KSL Mall (Johor)

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,156
Reaction score
13,173
Oyster omellete Meldrum is still the best, better go before 6pm. Also the nearby bbq chicken.

...

Ended up in Marmolada last night as too late to travel to Meldrum. Had the oyster omelette there, fried by the young man and must say I like the way he did it, I like his way better than the Cedar Point one, somehow. :o

Wanted to have Chinese satay but ended up with Malay satay after a little hiccup. =:p

The fried chicken and nasi lemak, is it a Malay stall somewhere on the left of the oyster omelette one? I happened to be sitting somewhere there and spotted a stall selling fried chicken, I think. Didn't think much about it until I just read your previous post again. :D
 

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
33,820
Reaction score
5,012
Ended up in Marmolada last night as too late to travel to Meldrum. Had the oyster omelette there, fried by the young man and must say I like the way he did it, I like his way better than the Cedar Point one, somehow. :o

Wanted to have Chinese satay but ended up with Malay satay after a little hiccup. =:p

The fried chicken and nasi lemak, is it a Malay stall somewhere on the left of the oyster omelette one? I happened to be sitting somewhere there and spotted a stall selling fried chicken, I think. Didn't think much about it until I just read your previous post again. :D

not malay stall. owner is a chinese.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,156
Reaction score
13,173
not malay stall. owner is a chinese.
Thanks for the info, will try to remember to check out the place properly next time I'm there. That night was a bit of a rush, so it's pretty much eat-and-go. :D

Any night haunt or supper place in jb ?:o
Quite a few already, when I look from my KSL hotel room, can see activities throughout the night in the streets below, up until 4am or so. Just the lok-lok vans alone, there're 3 within sight. But I'll let the rest here tell you what's good and where(else). :)
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
Ended up in Marmolada last night as too late to travel to Meldrum. Had the oyster omelette there, fried by the young man and must say I like the way he did it, I like his way better than the Cedar Point one, somehow. :o

Wanted to have Chinese satay but ended up with Malay satay after a little hiccup. =:p

The fried chicken and nasi lemak, is it a Malay stall somewhere on the left of the oyster omelette one? I happened to be sitting somewhere there and spotted a stall selling fried chicken, I think. Didn't think much about it until I just read your previous post again. :D
I was also at Marmolada last night.😄The fried chicken wing nasi lemak is the one besides the dessert stall.I ordered that also yesterday.The mee sua next to the claypot rice stall also i like.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,156
Reaction score
13,173
I was also at Marmolada last night.😄The fried chicken wing nasi lemak is the one besides the dessert stall.I ordered that also yesterday.The mee sua next to the claypot rice stall also i like.

Now I know where it is, as I know where the dessert stall is. Thank you. :D
 

hwsstx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
4,822
Reaction score
3,537
Any dimsum nearby KSL?

No direct bus from KSL/Holiday Plaza to Tebrau Tesco right?


There is a Dim Sum stall within the coffee shop at the corner, just outside of KSL (behind, Jalan Serigala). I think it is new, I've not tried it.
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
Hi.Anyone tried the mobile lok lok stall in front of KSL D ESPLANADE before?Is it good?Saw a few around KSL but was thinking of trying the one in front of D Esplanade.Usually I see them operate late at night.Thanks.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,156
Reaction score
13,173
I was also at Marmolada last night.😄The fried chicken wing nasi lemak is the one besides the dessert stall.I ordered that also yesterday.The mee sua next to the claypot rice stall also i like.

Went to Marmolada for dinner last evening, and managed to try the fried chicken.

Thank you for the recommendation once again. :)

I really like the way they did it. :s12:
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Went to Marmolada for dinner last evening, and managed to try the fried chicken.

Thank you for the recommendation once again. :)

I really like the way they did it. :s12:

The fried chicken is the one from "Uncle Poh" chap chai PNG stall ?
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
It's the Malay nasi lemak stall next to the dessert one.

alamak, salah ayam ... but Uncle Poh's also quite good ... the curry gravy is good. I had 1 fried drumstick, 2 pieces lor bak & vegetable with rice ... RM 8.50.

i think the nasi lemak stall not opened today at 5pm :o

thanks
 
Last edited:

michael2000

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
49
So far only visited KSL once and a short trip. It was a stop-over for a meal before proceeding home journey. With you fella talking about so many nice places for food and the dishes I think it is time to take a trip to KSL and sample the food there. Any suggestion how long is the stay, 2 or 3 days?
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
how is the condition of desplanade apartments?

I stayed there a few times but booked off the Airbnb platform because it's cheaper. It depends on how well the host maintains the unit.

The listings I booked are still quite new (renovated/refurbished). Carpark is separated from the mall and security is tight which is what I like.
Lifts are a pain at peak periods. Can be a bit noisy at night especially if you're facing the road. One unit I stayed have a bit of mouldy smell probably due to too much aircon and the high turnover means they don't have time to open the windows to ventilate the place.

I've another trip coming up at D'Esplanade this month. Aim is for shopping and eating in a group of 6. Was looking at the ones at R&F but that mall is so dead. Those at Iskandar area is a bit far. In the end settled for KSL D'Esplanade, familiar surroundings and suit my needs. Good location, easy to take Grab to other places.

If it's a trip to relax and chill, I don't mind staying at Iskandar, enjoy the view and facilities like a resort.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
D'esplanade apartments? I didn't get a good deal. The particular apartment I got was not tip-top. Everything worked, but the age and touch-up maintenance showed.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top