KSL Mall (Johor)

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
what time usually the malay fried chicken stall open ... 5pm ?

No idea as I've only gone there after nightfall.

Anyway, on second look, I think the one I bought fried chicken from may be a Chinese stall with non-Chinese staff, so not sure if it's halal...

Edit: Just had another look at the Marmolada Food Court Taman Century FB page, and they indicated "4pm to 9.30pm". Nice source to look at the available stalls there, before visiting.
 
Last edited:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
No idea as I've only gone there after nightfall.

Anyway, on second look, I think the one I bought fried chicken from may be a Chinese stall with non-Chinese staff, so not sure if it's halal...

Edit: Just had another look at the Marmolada Food Court Taman Century FB page, and they indicated "4pm to 9.30pm". Nice source to look at the available stalls there, before visiting.

What is the stall name?:o the food court there how you park your vehicle there?:o
 

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
33,081
Reaction score
6,420
Where do you park your vehicle if you're heading to this? :s11:

There's a small entrance between the massage shop/car wash and the hawker on your left. Just slow down when you are along Jalan Dato Sulaiman moving away from KSL.

There should be another entrance along Tebrau Highway. That's where I exited and saw cars turning in. Not sure if it is a legit entrance though.. lol
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
There's a small entrance between the massage shop/car wash and the hawker on your left. Just slow down when you are along Jalan Dato Sulaiman moving away from KSL.

There should be another entrance along Tebrau Highway. That's where I exited and saw cars turning in. Not sure if it is a legit entrance though.. lol

Hmm okay. Later at night I go check it out.
 

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
33,081
Reaction score
6,420
How's your experience at that hawker center? I don't seem to see many positive reviews here, so haven't feel the desire to go there.

I find it much better than the usual wanton mee or abalone noodles for late night supper around that area. Will be spoilt for choice with the number of stalls there..
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
How's your experience at that hawker center? I don't seem to see many positive reviews here, so haven't feel the desire to go there.

That night i go but i never drop by there. My girlfriend wanted to jiak wanton mee and lok lok instead.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
That night i go but i never drop by there. My girlfriend wanted to jiak wanton mee and lok lok instead.

Talking about those lok lok vans, I noticed a couple of them still operating around 3am! :eek:
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
Talking about those lok lok vans, I noticed a couple of them still operating around 3am! :eek:

They operate until late 1 lar. I would prefer to jiak loklok at Pelangi. But there only got loklok and no others.
 

lasnoblur

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
5,465
Reaction score
798
Was browsing Marmolada Food Court's FB page, when I came across a posting on the fried chicken that I tried after seeing a recommendation here.




If I'm not mistaken, the name of the stall is Melaka Nasi Lemak. ;)
Didn't know of this place even though I frequent jb quite a bit. checked their FB page. Seemed like most stalls open from 4pm to 9pm.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
Didn't know of this place even though I frequent jb quite a bit. checked their FB page. Seemed like most stalls open from 4pm to 9pm.

I spotted it from my hotel room, before going over to explore.

Yup, opening hours thereabout. I still see some human activities about 10pm, but not sure which stalls they're from, or maybe just cleaning up.
 

lasnoblur

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
5,465
Reaction score
798
Any recommendations for porridge ?

I only know of ksl d Shanghai porridge and geylang porridge in that area.
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,288
Reaction score
15,924
Why not consider Mutiara Hotel? It is also around this price and location is far better than Grand Paragon. It is located beside Holiday Plaza and opposite Holiday Villa Hotel.

Just had a bad experience with a booking (via third-party site) at Mutiara over the weekend. Arrived around 9pm, and by then it was already so badly overbooked that the lounge was crowded with overbooked guests. Hotel initially tried to tell everyone there to cancel their reservations, and that any cancellation fees would be waived. Only after some of us kicked up a fuss did they arrange alternative accommodation... For the few of us who kicked up a fuss.

10pm cancel reservation, then go where sia ? :s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top