KSL Mall (Johor)

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
7,828
Reaction score
227
Any particular specs shop to recommend in KSL ? The one which I made mine (opposite Lotus supermarket) no longer carries high degree lenses and have to wait for a full day. But I need the specs to be made during a day trip though.
did you managed to find and make one? can share cost?
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,621
Reaction score
1,224
Any recommended shop for Xiaomi phone? Need to replace bat.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,129
Reaction score
13,166
Any recommended shop for Xiaomi phone? Need to replace bat.
I sent iPhones and Samsung ones to a stall/pushcart outside the cinema. Name is something Mobile or Mobile something. IIRC they've 2 stalls side by side. Think they do other brands too.
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,088
Reaction score
6,363
I sent iPhones and Samsung ones to a stall/pushcart outside the cinema. Name is something Mobile or Mobile something. IIRC they've 2 stalls side by side. Think they do other brands too.

How was their battery~? I replaced the batt myself bought from shopee, AliExpress, both degrade very fast~ half year became unusable~ then bought one from taobao, works slightly better only~
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,129
Reaction score
13,166
How was their battery~? I replaced the batt myself bought from shopee, AliExpress, both degrade very fast~ half year became unusable~ then bought one from taobao, works slightly better only~
Not bad, can last quite a while. My iPhone X changed early this year, been using it to play songs overnight and still has about 75% battery left in the morning. Nearly a year since, yet still holding well. I always ask for original battery or whatever best grade they can offer.
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
Wouldn't recommend that booth outside cinema.

Their workmanship is cheap and fast and minimum quality.
Might be what u wan tho.
I sent iPhones and Samsung ones to a stall/pushcart outside the cinema. Name is something Mobile or Mobile something. IIRC they've 2 stalls side by side. Think they do other brands too.
that store is only for really non-picky ppl. they even put up the below sign to warn ppl about their service.
1*19Fa0y6vroIyZi5ZOQUl9g.png

they are cheap and fast but not good.
i went around the whole mall asking for quotes for replacing a phone button. all quote me similar rates for fully replacing the button.
this booth quote me half of what all others quoted but fail to tell me they didn't replace parts. they did a makeshift fix of the current button by gluing some padding.
at first 1 button half work, 1 no work.
aft they fix, the no work 1 half work, half work 1 no work.
then they redid it and both buttons half work.

oh and the way they put the phone back tgt might irritate some. they use a lousy quality double sided tape and put along the side of ur phone and just stick it tgt. depending on model, there likely will be a very obvious gap.

I also observe that they dont always replace with new parts. they have several old and popular models lying around to harvest parts from.

so fyi for others who wanna go there. in terms of skills, they are definitely quite skillful. else they wont be able to fix phones like that confidently.
but their motto is to do things fast, do the minimum, with a minimal working product.
go there only and only if your goal is to spend the minimum to get the minimum viable product.

I see that you change your own battery so I expect you also have a certain level of technical skills to be able to do it urself. ppl like that can be quite meticulous. if so, and you are the kind that cannot ignore half-fk methods, dont recommend this store.



How was their battery~? I replaced the batt myself bought from shopee, AliExpress, both degrade very fast~ half year became unusable~ then bought one from taobao, works slightly better only~
shopee ali often sell refurbished stock. if ur phone not popular model, alot of times the oem dont even produce that batt anymore. so u need to find 1 with actual supplier of battery.
you might wanna follow habro and ask for original part if you are using iphone. latest iphone models, if u use non original parts, there will always be a notification telling you to change your batt soon, or product issue or smth. you can always just treat it as an irritating popup and close it.
or if technician is skilled enough, they can transfer the chip from your original battery to their battery and resolve that issue.
i doubt that booth outside cinema is going to spend that effort to do that. you need a microscope to do that. their booth is not even comfortable to sit in.
for android, no point get original. there's no means for u to verify if it's original either. is see heng suay.

oh ya, you might want to google how to do a battery health check for your model and do it aft u replace.
Not bad, can last quite a while. My iPhone X changed early this year, been using it to play songs overnight and still has about 75% battery left in the morning. Nearly a year since, yet still holding well. I always ask for original battery or whatever best grade they can offer.
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
121
Thinking of getting a new battery for my iPhone 12pro at KSL.

Do you usually reset the phone to factory settings before passing the vendors the phone?

if don’t, will battery change result in auto reset to factory settings?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,129
Reaction score
13,166
Thinking of getting a new battery for my iPhone 12pro at KSL.

Do you usually reset the phone to factory settings before passing the vendors the phone?

if don’t, will battery change result in auto reset to factory settings?
I've been too lazy, what's more those were just my spare phones. iPhones came back without any change in settings, photos and stuff still intact.

For iPhones with active banking and payment apps, I go to Apple coz don't want to risk having payment failure for some reason or other.
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
Thinking of getting a new battery for my iPhone 12pro at KSL.

Do you usually reset the phone to factory settings before passing the vendors the phone?

if don’t, will battery change result in auto reset to factory settings?
Always backup before sending for repair. Doesn't matter if repair is by authorised or 3rd party.

And if your concern is repair fella stealing your data, they cant do so unless they know how to unlock your phone.

Modern android and ios have sop in place that only allow factory reset for recovery.
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
121
Always backup before sending for repair. Doesn't matter if repair is by authorised or 3rd party.

And if your concern is repair fella stealing your data, they cant do so unless they know how to unlock your phone.

Modern android and ios have sop in place that only allow factory reset for recovery.
Thanks.

to replace battery, they should have no reason to unlock the phone?
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
Thanks.

to replace battery, they should have no reason to unlock the phone?
They might need u to unlock to do some battery utility check lo. But that's only for actual professionals who are proud of their craft.

Don't think these kind of 3rd party ahgao ahmao will do till that extent.
Change liao can start they say done liao
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,129
Reaction score
13,166
The mobile repair booth I've mentioned was recommended by a friend for reliability, and I've always been indicating my requirement for original or highest quality available when asking for a quote. Yes, on certain things they've originals and/or different grades of parts. I don't know the details as I only go for their best quality possible offer and have never asked about cheaper alternatives.

My newer iPhones only go to Apple SG. This 3rd party is the only one I've ever gone to, not even in SG. I let them change batteries for my spares that I'm not sure whether I want to keep or give away. A couple of friends have got me to send for them and no issue so far. My iPhones 7, 7+, and X are still working fine here.

Pay peanuts get monkeys, so I won't advise blindly looking at prices. Open your eyes, don't forget your brains.

Maybe not for birdies 🤷‍♂️
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
The mobile repair booth I've mentioned was recommended by a friend for reliability, and I've always been indicating my requirement for original or highest quality available when asking for a quote. Yes, on certain things they've originals and/or different grades of parts. I don't know the details as I only go for their best quality possible offer and have never asked about cheaper alternatives.

My newer iPhones only go to Apple SG. This 3rd party is the only one I've ever gone to, not even in SG. I let them change batteries for my spares that I'm not sure whether I want to keep or give away. A couple of friends have got me to send for them and no issue so far. My iPhones 7, 7+, and X are still working fine here.

Pay peanuts get monkeys, so I won't advise blindly looking at prices. Open your eyes, don't forget your brains.

Maybe not for birdies 🤷‍♂️
So your requirement of "original or highest quality available" refers to parts and nothing to do with workmanship am i right?

"pay peanuts get monkeys" in your context only refers to you asking for the most expensive parts lol

How much of the original waterproofing are retained?
With their sloppy workmanship, if u caught in rain, phone in pocket sure get water seepage. They don't even put their replacement tape back at the original positions.


Anyhow, it's for my dad phone and he doesn't care. If it's my device i will take it apart and reapply the adhesive. Not even a seamless seal the way they do. Can put in a poker card to reopen it 1
 

SantyBalls

Banned
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
2,294
There's a booth i think at 2nd highest floor maybe can try. They have like 1 technician only if im not mistaken. He seem rather meticulous.
They managed to unlock my oppo when 2 other places cannot.

Nt sure their hardware workmanship how tho
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,568
Reaction score
3,282
Actually not only KSL mall so so only. KSL hotel also so so only. Sometimes stay becoz of the price. $50 per night. Stay 2n only $100.
 

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,183
Reaction score
3,138
Actually not only KSL mall so so only. KSL hotel also so so only. Sometimes stay becoz of the price. $50 per night. Stay 2n only $100.
The hotel popular coz cheap lah. But don't expect much. To be its quite a cui hotel.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top