KSL Mall (Johor)

runny yolk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
5,152
Reaction score
4,584
Anyone who stay their hotel before can verify? So far I see reviews are that the wifi is really bad, aircon not strong, and the low floors (eg level 7,8) are too noisy?
 

beng_beng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
555
Anyone who stay their hotel before can verify? So far I see reviews are that the wifi is really bad, aircon not strong, and the low floors (eg level 7,8) are too noisy?
Swimming pool IIRC is at level 7, so it can be noisy. Stayed at Level 11 last week, not noisy.

Wifi is OK only occasionally slow, aircon is OK and strong and the manual temperature control actually works (you know how some of the manual control switches in certain hotels don't work very well).

But sian part is my room is interconnected with the next room, separated by a wooden door in each room, meaning poor sound isolation. On my first night, the neighbour switched on his TV very loudly and we could hear it, macham trying to scare off ghost or trying to hide ******* sound lol.

The bath towels sometimes can have mouldy smell, like washed with insufficient detergent. If you drive there, I suggest bringing your own towel.

Overall beh pai, and didn't encounter 3rd party. And I don't mind staying there again in future due to its low price and convenient location.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,144
Reaction score
13,166
Anyone who stay their hotel before can verify? So far I see reviews are that the wifi is really bad, aircon not strong, and the low floors (eg level 7,8) are too noisy?
Level 7 is the swimming pool, water play area, no rooms there. Can request for higher floor, as Standard can already get 1x floor rooms. Aircon-wise, if they're still in the process of random/slow upgrading, I'd say only the minority will not be cold enough. Helps that during the daytime you close the curtains when you go out, to prevent more heat from entering the room.

Swimming pool IIRC is at level 7, so it can be noisy. Stayed at Level 11 last week, not noisy.

Wifi is OK only occasionally slow, aircon is OK and strong and the manual temperature control actually works (you know how some of the manual control switches in certain hotels don't work very well).

But sian part is my room is interconnected with the next room, separated by a wooden door in each room, meaning poor sound isolation. On my first night, the neighbour switched on his TV very loudly and we could hear it, macham trying to scare off ghost or trying to hide ******* sound lol.

The bath towels sometimes can have mouldy smell, like washed with insufficient detergent. If you drive there, I suggest bringing your own towel.

Overall beh pai, and didn't encounter 3rd party. And I don't mind staying there again in future due to its low price and convenient location.
Their bath towels are still smelling? That's the reason I stopped staying there. o_O
 
Last edited:

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,144
Reaction score
13,166
It's been quite a while already, but they changed from the white to grey towels. But those "new" towels started smelling, though it's the rainy season back then and I thought they didn't dry the washed towels properly. Then it happened the second time, and that's when I stopped staying there.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
If I staycation in JB, I always stay in KSL hotel but I'll always choose the highest floor room on 27th.

Wifi connection and Digi prepaid connection also both intermittent but I won't be in the hotel room the whole day so yeah. Smelly towels, this I'm not sure as I've never encounter this. Probably happens to the lower floor rooms. Air con wise, I have nothing to complain because its cold enough for my wife and she's ice princess.

I did stayed at Holiday Villa before once. Everything is go green for that hotel. For air con wise, KSL hotel's air con is definitely alot colder as compared to Holiday Villa. My wife was sweating at night so i called the front desk and they sent a technician down but it didn't help much.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,144
Reaction score
13,166
If I staycation in JB, I always stay in KSL hotel but I'll always choose the highest floor room on 27th.

Wifi connection and Digi prepaid connection also both intermittent but I won't be in the hotel room the whole day so yeah. Smelly towels, this I'm not sure as I've never encounter this. Probably happens to the lower floor rooms. Air con wise, I have nothing to complain because its cold enough for my wife and she's ice princess.

I did stayed at Holiday Villa before once. Everything is go green for that hotel. For air con wise, KSL hotel's air con is definitely alot colder as compared to Holiday Villa. My wife was sweating at night so i called the front desk and they sent a technician down but it didn't help much.
Once aircon not cold enough is very sian already, coz either live with it or waste time having to deal with the tech, what's with calling, waiting, etc.

AFAIK, 27th floor of KSL are suites. Unless it's Tower 1 where I've never stayed before...
 

beng_beng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
555
It's been quite a while already, but they changed from the white to grey towels. But those "new" towels started smelling, though it's the rainy season back then and I thought they didn't dry the washed towels properly. Then it happened the second time, and that's when I stopped staying there.
My room was supplied with white towels when I stayed there last week.
 

ctan84

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
8,489
Reaction score
4,783
If I staycation in JB, I always stay in KSL hotel but I'll always choose the highest floor room on 27th.

Wifi connection and Digi prepaid connection also both intermittent but I won't be in the hotel room the whole day so yeah. Smelly towels, this I'm not sure as I've never encounter this. Probably happens to the lower floor rooms. Air con wise, I have nothing to complain because its cold enough for my wife and she's ice princess.

I did stayed at Holiday Villa before once. Everything is go green for that hotel. For air con wise, KSL hotel's air con is definitely alot colder as compared to Holiday Villa. My wife was sweating at night so i called the front desk and they sent a technician down but it didn't help much.
If you like your aircon very cold, can try Opero Southkey (just across Midvalley Mall). Brings you back to the north/south poles.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
Once aircon not cold enough is very sian already, coz either live with it or waste time having to deal with the tech, what's with calling, waiting, etc.

AFAIK, 27th floor of KSL are suites. Unless it's Tower 1 where I've never stayed before...
For Holiday Villa, I called the technician and he changed the settings but it still wasn't as cold as my wife wanted so that staycation was a bummer.

I'm not sure which tower it is but its the lift nearest to Starbucks. I guess that's tower 1? The main reason why I always stay in KSL is because nobody come and ka jiao you even if you smoke in the toilet or the emergency exit. They would just put the suck air machine in the lobby area of 27th floor. When I stayed at Holiday Villa, I keep on going to hotel lobby until my wife make noise because she's alone in the room. I even bring my beer and sit at lobby entrance because cannot smoke. Haha.

Ohh the room is Premier Deluxe B.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
If you like your aircon very cold, can try Opero Southkey (just across Midvalley Mall). Brings you back to the north/south poles.
I saw that hotel. They even have small buses to send you to Midvalley mall.
 

ablurcat

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
473
Reaction score
69
For Holiday Villa, I called the technician and he changed the settings but it still wasn't as cold as my wife wanted so that staycation was a bummer.

I'm not sure which tower it is but its the lift nearest to Starbucks. I guess that's tower 1? The main reason why I always stay in KSL is because nobody come and ka jiao you even if you smoke in the toilet or the emergency exit. They would just put the suck air machine in the lobby area of 27th floor. When I stayed at Holiday Villa, I keep on going to hotel lobby until my wife make noise because she's alone in the room. I even bring my beer and sit at lobby entrance because cannot smoke. Haha.

Ohh the room is Premier Deluxe B.
Yes, KSL tower 1 lift is nearest to Starbucks. Tower 2 lift is behind it. I preferred Tower 1 with city view.(SG)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,144
Reaction score
13,166
For Holiday Villa, I called the technician and he changed the settings but it still wasn't as cold as my wife wanted so that staycation was a bummer.

I'm not sure which tower it is but its the lift nearest to Starbucks. I guess that's tower 1? The main reason why I always stay in KSL is because nobody come and ka jiao you even if you smoke in the toilet or the emergency exit. They would just put the suck air machine in the lobby area of 27th floor. When I stayed at Holiday Villa, I keep on going to hotel lobby until my wife make noise because she's alone in the room. I even bring my beer and sit at lobby entrance because cannot smoke. Haha.

Ohh the room is Premier Deluxe B.
Ah, Premier Deluxe B. Seen it online but didn't get to try that.

Yup, that's Tower 1. 👍
 

beng_beng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
555
The main reason why I always stay in KSL is because nobody come and ka jiao you even if you smoke in the toilet or the emergency exit. They would just put the suck air machine in the lobby area of 27th floor. When I stayed at Holiday Villa, I keep on going to hotel lobby until my wife make noise because she's alone in the room. I even bring my beer and sit at lobby entrance because cannot smoke. Haha.

Ohh the room is Premier Deluxe B.
KNN no wonder my assigned room was full of cigarette smoke, disgusting as hell. Asked to change room.
Overhead another couple saying their room had cigarette smell when the checked in. It's due to irresponsible people like you. NB.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
KNN no wonder my assigned room was full of cigarette smoke, disgusting as hell. Asked to change room.
Overhead another couple saying their room had cigarette smell when the checked in. It's due to irresponsible people like you. NB.
Ouch.

But check out day and time, I don't smoke in the toilet.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top