KSL Mall (Johor)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
ok, here's the link~ i think once the host re-list his unit, the link will be different~ for 2N stays, total i paid S$151.47~

the jacuzzi bathtub is quite worth it~ the water jet is powerful, pour abit of bath solution, the whole bathtub foam up quickly~ with the RGB light, its quite cool~ :s22:

Thanks for sharing, is there any min of stay? I usually stay sat, sun check out.
 

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
71,456
Reaction score
10,398
Thanks for sharing, is there any min of stay? I usually stay sat, sun check out.

Homestay usually 1 nite is not worth because of the addition of 1-time cleaning fee and booking fee. Both usu cost as much as 1 nite stay.
How was the Austin vs Skudai Mall in terms of convenience of getting there and around?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Thanks for sharing, is there any min of stay? I usually stay sat, sun check out.

Details/restrictions are normally available in the individual listing, but it's quite common for 1-night minimum, while some give discount for weekly and monthly stays.
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,106
Reaction score
6,389
Thanks for sharing, is there any min of stay? I usually stay sat, sun check out.

no min stay~

Details/restrictions are normally available in the individual listing, but it's quite common for 1-night minimum, while some give discount for weekly and monthly stays.

you are right that longer stay may get discount and its upto the host to define long stay or not~ the one i stay at Vista Residences at Genting has Long Stay Discount even though it was just 2 nights stay~

and the one i stay at Taipei has additional "Occupancy taxes and fees" on top of the cleaning & service fees~ the rate may also change due to holiday season, so best is to try out the airbnb web to see the final cost~ :s22:
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
Homestay usually 1 nite is not worth because of the addition of 1-time cleaning fee and booking fee. Both usu cost as much as 1 nite stay.
How was the Austin vs Skudai Mall in terms of convenience of getting there and around?

Austin more for café and restaurants, price slightly higher. Got 2 pubs, 1 of them very strict, you can't see what happening inside. Tons of bb tea.

Sutera Mall area, more for local standard, price lower. Many restaurants. It's near to Paradigm and bukit indah.

"addition of 1-time cleaning fee and booking fee"
Yeah, but I want to try the bath tub :s13:
 
Last edited:

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,106
Reaction score
6,389
Another nice review with pictures and pricing from sunsetbay. so Average is abt $80/nite for 2BR for homestay for Dec holiday period. Competitive vs 2 hotel rooms. A big diff bet homestay vs hotel is u can do laundry. Have you stayed R&F condo before?

Ya, price definitely more competitive than hotel and no tourist tax~ I checked thru the host listing, he also have a studio apartment at Paragon suites~ it's just next door of where I'd stayed~ it's a dual keys unit~ cheaper and with jacuzzi bathtub if you don't need a 2 bedder~

Had went to R&F mall but have not stayed there~ a bigger development with many blocks~ maybe some other time~ next homestay I may consider Danga Bay~ :s22:

IMG-20191226-143511.jpg


PANO-20191226-134519.jpg


IMG-20191226-133037.jpg


PANO-20191226-132918.jpg
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,106
Reaction score
6,389
KSL Hotel got its own carpark or its shared with the mall carpark?

separated~ total 4 carpark entries~ Hotel carpark entrance is next to its lobby~ the mall MSCP carpark is at the rear & D'Esplanade carpark entry is beside the mall MSCP exit~ there's another basement carpark for mall users at the opposite end~
 

sunbear71

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Need help here... tiv!! Checking in esplanade tmr at 3 bed apartment. Where do I get the acess card? I booked it from Agoda and no clear instructions was given 😭😓
I thought is ksl hotel resort. Agoda never mention is esplanade until I did research.

You need the access card to enter from KSL mall to D'esplanade~ if not you have to go in to the lobby by D'esplanade carpark entrance~

The access door from KSL mall is just a small door with a long narrow passage~ it's at Ground level, beside FOS, it's hard to spot~

To go-to swimming pool from D'esplanade, you have to goto mscp level 6 walk to KSL hotel carpark, there's a fence gate divided both of the carparks~ you need access card as well~ from KSL hotel carpark take lift up level 7 to go-to swimming pool~ which means you can't access from KSL hotel swimming pool then go to d'esplanade without the access card~ :s22:

IMG-20191129-200834.jpg


1575183521062.jpg


1575183451497.jpg
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Need help here... tiv!! Checking in esplanade tmr at 3 bed apartment. Where do I get the acess card? I booked it from Agoda and no clear instructions was given 😭😓
I thought is ksl hotel resort. Agoda never mention is esplanade until I did research.

Check in first, reception area for D'Esplanade is on the right as you go into that carpark entrance, your 3rd photo. After checking in you'll get the card and start using those shortcuts.
 

sunbear71

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Oic. So all the apartments booked through agoda are esplanade residences? Thanks

Check in first, reception area for D'Esplanade is on the right as you go into that carpark entrance, your 3rd photo. After checking in you'll get the card and start using those shortcuts.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Oic. So all the apartments booked through agoda are esplanade residences? Thanks

If you've booked D'Esplanade, then it's D'Esplanade apartments regardless of where you booked from.

D'Esplanade isn't KSL's only apartment for booking. Go take a look at KSL's own website and you'll get a better idea.
 

sunbear71

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Thanks I saw. The photo I saw matched d’ esplanade. :s11:

If you've booked D'Esplanade, then it's D'Esplanade apartments regardless of where you booked from.

D'Esplanade isn't KSL's only apartment for booking. Go take a look at KSL's own website and you'll get a better idea.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Thanks I saw. The photo I saw matched d’ esplanade. :s11:

Ya, those photos are KSL's apartment premise that's next to their mall, D'Esplanade Residences (or whatever exact name they have).

Anyway, only their apartments have 3-room units, definitely not their hotel side, so no worries.
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,106
Reaction score
6,389
Need help here... tiv!! Checking in esplanade tmr at 3 bed apartment. Where do I get the acess card? I booked it from Agoda and no clear instructions was given 😭😓
I thought is ksl hotel resort. Agoda never mention is esplanade until I did research.

since you book thru agoda, then you shld get the access cards from the reception~ reception is at the glass entrance on the right, after carpark gantry~ if you driving in, you shld tell the guard at carpark gantry that you are checking in, so that he can let you in and temporary park at the visitor lots~

the passage door to KSL shopping mall is located beside the reception, on the right~

for airbnb users, hv to park outside the road temporary, go to letterbox (they called it mail room) on the left of the reception to retrieve the access cards~
:s22:

KSL-02.jpg


KSL-03.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top