KSL Mall (Johor)

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
Sometimes the bus from JB Sentral stops at Holiday Plaza before going on to KSL, so keep your eyes open en route. Other times it'll past Pelangi Plaza before KSL.

I don't find anything much in PP, except some restaurants and fast foods, and a Cold Storage supermart which also sells boxes of cooked food like nasi lemak and yummy-looking fried chicken.
 

ccssgm

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
0
around 10 min walk, ksl is more of family mall, got supermarket and cinema and ktv and salon and restarants around. Holiday plaza is more of fast food places there.

I prefer Holiday Plaza than KSL
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
I prefer ksl coz like to go supermarket and watch movie :)

Next time you're in KSL, pop into the Popular Bookstore. :)

Last 3 times I was there, they're playing a video about a chimpanzee and a bulldog - very very cute! It's a Japanese video but has Chinese sub-titles. Found shots of it - many series - in Youtube too.

Free movie! :D
 

wildkev

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2012
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
0
I prefer ksl coz like to go supermarket and watch movie :)

If you often watch movie there, can apply for their member. Its free and you can earn points to exchange for pop corn + drinks or movie tickets. For those promotion movies, they will give you 2x of your points. eg normal case RM1 = 10 points, now is RM1=20 points

Starclub member
 

ccssgm

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
0
Next time you're in KSL, pop into the Popular Bookstore. :)

Last 3 times I was there, they're playing a video about a chimpanzee and a bulldog - very very cute! It's a Japanese video but has Chinese sub-titles. Found shots of it - many series - in Youtube too.

Free movie! :D

Use Singapore Popular cards also discount 10%
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Just signed up popular card, 1 yr 12RM, 3 yrs 25RM< got free one box to put books. Bought planners for 14RM each, not sure singapore sell how much, but think malaysia should be selling cheaper.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Just signed up popular card, 1 yr 12RM, 3 yrs 25RM< got free one box to put books. Bought planners for 14RM each, not sure singapore sell how much, but think malaysia should be selling cheaper.

Where popular? Tebrau or City Square? You should have gone over to Denga City Mall popular Expo sales and sign up, I think they have more, but I could not remember anything. Was there yesterday, spend RM280+, pay RM250. Got RM10 voucher for purchase of RM80 off. 3 Vouchers. Only problem is, spend RM100 and get RM25 voucher. Out of stock, was asked to go back collect, so troublesome. So I am more like, give up. If I had split the spending into 2, I would have gotten 2 RM25 vouchers. That way, I won't mind making my way back as my wife wanted something else from there.

The sales is on till 1 Dec. but I won't be going back again. I think weekends, the crowd will be there. However, by perception, most things are cheaper, however, better do your homework as my wife told me there are still stuff that cost more than SG just like the assessment books which is sold in both countries. Listed price, it is cheaper in MY but couple of cents, but it was cheaper in SG with the discount given during the Popular sales.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Where popular? Tebrau or City Square? You should have gone over to Denga City Mall popular Expo sales and sign up, I think they have more, but I could not remember anything. Was there yesterday, spend RM280+, pay RM250. Got RM10 voucher for purchase of RM80 off. 3 Vouchers. Only problem is, spend RM100 and get RM25 voucher. Out of stock, was asked to go back collect, so troublesome. So I am more like, give up. If I had split the spending into 2, I would have gotten 2 RM25 vouchers. That way, I won't mind making my way back as my wife wanted something else from there.

The sales is on till 1 Dec. but I won't be going back again. I think weekends, the crowd will be there. However, by perception, most things are cheaper, however, better do your homework as my wife told me there are still stuff that cost more than SG just like the assessment books which is sold in both countries. Listed price, it is cheaper in MY but couple of cents, but it was cheaper in SG with the discount given during the Popular sales.

KSL popular :)
 

cobragold

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
606
Reaction score
3
Hi,
Anyone with transport contact for 8 pax. From sg, tampines to ksl in the morning and pick back in the evening.
Can contact me with the info. 91793441
Thanks
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
Will the monday pasar malam be open if it rains?

Was there last Monday, when it started raining. Those stalls with their own shelters continued with business, while the others had to pack up. Some shoppers are there to get their weekly supplies, so I guess there will still be business going on.

However, if it starts raining before normal opening time, I doubt any stalls can start setting up until the rain stops.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Hi,
Anyone with transport contact for 8 pax. From sg, tampines to ksl in the morning and pick back in the evening.
Can contact me with the info. 91793441
Thanks

Why don't you go visit 88DB.com.sg website and look for transport to JB. I believe there are several available, but not cheap. Someone told me 2 yrs back that hire a 10 seater van for a whole day was $200. Driver brings you any where you want to go.

By the way, except for that it is convenient with own private transport, apart from that, you can just go visit KSL on your own. Quite easy anyway. I stay in Tampines too, but go in as often as once or twice a month by bus. Its quite easy :

1. Take bus 168 from Tampines regional library (~average journey 40min, express)
2. From Woodland interchange, many buses to take, 911,912,913, 178, 903 will stop you at the old Woodland interchange where Sheng Siong is located now. From there, just follow sign board direction, you won't miss it, walk all the way to checkpoint (~10min walk).
OR
you can wait for bus 950 which... I don't know the frequency of the bus, someone mentioned 20min wait. Alight right inside custom building. However, beware that near to CNY period, there will be long queue (Christmas period too), causeway tends to jam. So best bet is to take other buses and walk. (saw it last 2 years when I went in)

3. Exit CIQ, walk all the way out to JB Sentral where you will see the bus terminal. Should you miss, that same walk way will lead you to City Square. So you won't miss it, not to worry. Look for IM17 bus or the KSL shopping bus. Not sure, ask around or look the bus inspector. You can also read all the services from the sign board at the terminal. I think the fare is ~RM1. The journey is very short, just a short ride. If you have been to Holiday Plaza, KSL is just opposite. Come back just ask around or take the Shopping bus back to Sentral.
 
Last edited:

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Hi,
Anyone with transport contact for 8 pax. From sg, tampines to ksl in the morning and pick back in the evening.
Can contact me with the info. 91793441
Thanks

By the way, when are you going in? I am going in on 16 Jan morning and coming back crossing border latest before 4.30pm, don't want to be caught in the human jam due to workers coming out to SG to work and also heavy human flow from Republic Poly students taking 168 at Woodland back to Bedok.
 

cobragold

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
606
Reaction score
3
Will be going in on tue. Not to worry about me as I am a regular Jb traveller. Just that have a large group so easier to try a mini bus. But looks like I need to go in by bus.
Thanks
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
Will be going in on tue. Not to worry about me as I am a regular Jb traveller. Just that have a large group so easier to try a mini bus. But looks like I need to go in by bus.
Thanks

Going in by bus yourselves will be more economical and not that much a hassle even for a big group.

I've a friend who used to think that going to JB shopping centers like City Square, KSL, and Bukit Indah is a hassle especially with his elderly parents, until he tried it himself.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Will be going in on tue. Not to worry about me as I am a regular Jb traveller. Just that have a large group so easier to try a mini bus. But looks like I need to go in by bus.
Thanks

I see, so not an issue since you are regular. There should not be any problem. The place you are going isn't far unlike mine, group of people going to Tebrau. Get used to it now.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top