KSL Mall (Johor)

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Hi,

I read somewhere (either hardwarezone forum or mycar forum) that one of them was pickpocketed while taking bus from tesco tebrau.

Better dun take bus from there, heard that bus stop is a paradise for the pickpockets.

i will find the post and let you know.

That person is my colleague, I was with him on that day when it happen. Guess we let our guard down. I have been weary of this for years and been observing, but that day, I was the 1st person to get up. He got stuck. I didn't realise until something was wrong and I was wondering why these guys didn't get up the bus, but instead sandwich between my colleague. in fact, they got off the bus after which, my colleague's wife went up the bus, .... at last, it has to happen. I had been to that place alone so many times by myself over the past years until my colleagues started joining me on my monthly trip 2 years ago.

I had even been alone to Masai Giant on my own by bus, but had stopped after realising that most of the stuff I wanted to buy are cheaper at Tesco or cost marginally more... depending... The best of both world because I have Jusco and Tesco to compare prices. That's why I am often at Tebrau. At worse, walk to UO store at Denga City Mall.
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
That person is my colleague, I was with him on that day when it happen. Guess we let our guard down. I have been weary of this for years and been observing, but that day, I was the 1st person to get up. He got stuck. I didn't realise until something was wrong and I was wondering why these guys didn't get up the bus, but instead sandwich between my colleague. in fact, they got off the bus after which, my colleague's wife went up the bus, .... at last, it has to happen. I had been to that place alone so many times by myself over the past years until my colleagues started joining me on my monthly trip 2 years ago.

I had even been alone to Masai Giant on my own by bus, but had stopped after realising that most of the stuff I wanted to buy are cheaper at Tesco or cost marginally more... depending... The best of both world because I have Jusco and Tesco to compare prices. That's why I am often at Tebrau. At worse, walk to UO store at Denga City Mall.

Ya, correct is you! wahhahahahah.
 

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
21,692
Reaction score
3
Hmmm..... i think it depends on what you buy ba. Do the sums before buying.

Last December, I bought an Eversoft moisturiser at rm23 but saw at Ck chinatown selling at SGD26.00 (same size and product).

And during weekends, the restaurants are not as crowded as Singapore. In Singapore, everywhere you go, have to queue and queue. But in Johor not much queue. Cinema also, kids half price. Singapore where got half price.

But of course i dun go JB every weekend lah. I go few times a year only. Every week go also sian.... whahahahah

actually just google abit will know a product price range. Tesco facebook is good source to know roughly how much. If no hurry, wait till the product got promotion, Tesco often rotate the products for promotion.

I always stalk their weekly promotion list when my required item runs low. Then faster go in come out, den lie low for couple of months till I need to buy again :s13:

most impt savings must be significant enough to cover transport cost, otherwise quite waste time go in just earn less than $10 savings after deduct transport cost.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
actually just google abit will know a product price range. Tesco facebook is good source to know roughly how much. If no hurry, wait till the product got promotion, Tesco often rotate the products for promotion.

I always stalk their weekly promotion list when my required item runs low. Then faster go in come out, den lie low for couple of months till I need to buy again :s13:

most impt savings must be significant enough to cover transport cost, otherwise quite waste time go in just earn less than $10 savings after deduct transport cost.

I used to do that, average saving after bus fare is ~$40+ or more per trip. However, the past 1 year, I started to change my intent when going in. Although I still track the saving, but I am more into venturing other area and didn't really matter any more how much I save. More like looking for something fresh to do. Sometimes, saving is as low as $25/trip or just going in to eat and may be if there is anything to buy, otherwise, be it like my last few trips. More like widening my scope of what is available apart from what I use to buy or place I used to visit.

Over the years, things I purchased also changes due to changing needs as kids are also growing up and our daily necessity changes to. Besides, I have leave to clear, so that's why I am in every month.
 

saltycoke

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
anyone know whether cabs are easily available in taman sentosa? need to get a cab from the hawker center to custom. Thanks
 

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
33,073
Reaction score
3,687
first time went to JB via the new CIQ by public bus...a little mountain tortoise....

took CW2 from Queen Street and it was pretty fast (30mins) to reach woodland checkpoint. took 10-15 mins to go thru immigration, waiting for bus and was in JB CIQ. This CIQ is so "stupid"; makes one walk so long, its like walk from one end to another and then u-turn back.

walk ah walk and overshot the bridge to get down to the bus terminal and ended up in City Square, so had breakfast at Old Town and then windowshop in City Square. This place is now renovated i guess and not crowded.

Took a cab from City Square to KSL Mall, took about 10 mins I guess and the meter says 6.60MYR. This mall is crowded and full of imitation DVD shops, phone shops, phone accessories shops/stalls.

Was thinking of making a pair of spec here but either the frame didnt suit me or the price does not seem that attractive, so ended up empty handed.

Silly me, took the bus from KSL to Holiday PLaza thinking that it might be a long walk under the hot sun but this bus journey ended up as a short 30 sec journey:s13::s22: Holiday Plaza is still full of DVD shops like it was many many years back, not many optical shops as I thought so ended up again empty handed and walked back to KSL.

As this was my first time to KSL, wasnt sure about the bus back to CIQ/City Square so now i know and for those who are going there for the first time, do note that the KSL bus is a loop: KSL-Holiday Plaza-Danga Mall (it didnt stop here apparently when I took it back to CIQ)-CIQ (everyone alighted here, the driver told everyone to get down the bus) and from CIQ it goes back to KSL, not sure if it stops at City Square but according to its timetable, it seems to have a stop at City Square?

thats all for a mountain tortoise's first public bus journey to KSL and back :s13:
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
I think you actually took the S1 shopping bus. Round trip bus and it does not stop at City Square. If you go to the other side of City Square along Jalan Wong Ah Fook Road, there are many buses that stop and pick up passengers over there. You can flag the S1 bus should you see one. The driver will normally stop for you. I did that few times and I also noticed the driver permits people to get up and down over there although I doubt it is an official stop from what I read from the road map on board the bus when I 1st took it few years back.

You can alight at Denga City Mall, which I used to do. The fare is RM1.5, coming back from DCM is RM1. Alight at the same spot where you board the bus at JB Sentral.
 

matchy

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
196,720
Reaction score
1,911
Anyone know why i take cw3 bus but they stop halfway never go bukit indah?

Very angry
 

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
64,434
Reaction score
1,782
Is there any reputable camera shops at Ksl or any malls served by shuttle bus??
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Last edited:

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
first time went to JB via the new CIQ by public bus...

I think you actually took the S1...

First thing we must remember is, not to take for granted that those buses will go where it's supposed to. Due to time constraint, traffic condition, etc, they may take a different route. Best is to check with the driver before boarding.

The Jalan Wong Ah Fook bus stop is the one right at the front of the row, but I won't advise waiting there, for 2 reasons: 1) whenever there's a bus in front of this bus stop, an oncoming S1 may not stop/wait behind - it may just stop on the outside lane or in front of the bus stop. If you miss it, then you'll have to wait for the next one. 2) there's a pick-pocket risk there. I was pointed to one in action, that one time I waited there, and was advised to go to JB Sentral instead.

The other night when there's a jam near CIQ due to the procession, the driver who picked us up from KSL actually asked each boarding passenger where we wanted to go before letting us pay. "Danga Mall tak mau" - he's not going to Danga Mall, which means he's planning to take another route back to JB Sentral. =:p

Anyway, whether the bus stops at CIQ or JB Sentral, walking over to City Square is just a matter of crossing the bridge. :)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
they ask me to get off....i was rike wtf....

there was no indication~~

Was that at Gelang Patah? If that's the terminal and you didn't get off, then you'd have ended sleeping in the bus overnight and/or until they made you pay to take you back to SG the next morning.

If there's no indication on the bus when you boarded it at JB CIQ, I'd say it's your innocent fault - your fault yet not your fault coz you took it for granted, but it's your maiden trip - so forgivable. :s22:

So now you know? Next time, ask before boarding...
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
First thing we must remember is, not to take for granted that those buses will go where it's supposed to. Due to time constraint, traffic condition, etc, they may take a different route. Best is to check with the driver before boarding.

The Jalan Wong Ah Fook bus stop is the one right at the front of the row, but I won't advise waiting there, for 2 reasons: 1) whenever there's a bus in front of this bus stop, an oncoming S1 may not stop/wait behind - it may just stop on the outside lane or in front of the bus stop. If you miss it, then you'll have to wait for the next one. 2) there's a pick-pocket risk there. I was pointed to one in action, that one time I waited there, and was advised to go to JB Sentral instead.

The other night when there's a jam near CIQ due to the procession, the driver who picked us up from KSL actually asked each boarding passenger where we wanted to go before letting us pay. "Danga Mall tak mau" - he's not going to Danga Mall, which means he's planning to take another route back to JB Sentral. =:p

Anyway, whether the bus stops at CIQ or JB Sentral, walking over to City Square is just a matter of crossing the bridge. :)

Ya is true cos they dun hv bus stop like us.

I also have this experience when i go holiday inn few years ago. I asked the auntie inside the bus got go holiday inn, she told me yes, but when it passed by holiday inn, the bus never stop and i quickly asked the driver to stop when it left holiday inn. The driver told me next time tell him early if not he didn't know.

I tot i could press bell when i see the bus stop. But i waited and waited couldn't see any bus stop. So i have learnt my lesson, i will inform the driver where i want to go and sit near the driver whahahaahahahah.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Ya is true cos they dun hv bus stop like us.

I also have this experience when i go holiday inn few years ago. I asked the auntie inside the bus got go holiday inn, she told me yes, but when it passed by holiday inn, the bus never stop and i quickly asked the driver to stop when it left holiday inn. The driver told me next time tell him early if not he didn't know.

I tot i could press bell when i see the bus stop. But i waited and waited couldn't see any bus stop. So i have learnt my lesson, i will inform the driver where i want to go and sit near the driver whahahaahahahah.

For Holiday Plaza, don't ask auntie, ask driver! :s13:

From JB Sentral, I know S1 goes to KSL first, then Holiday Plaza; whereas M17 goes to Holiday Plaza first, then KSL. But I'll always ask the driver if he's going Holiday Plaza FIRST coz the wait at KSL for S1 to go to HP can really take a long time. :s22:
 

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
21,692
Reaction score
3
First thing we must remember is, not to take for granted that those buses will go where it's supposed to. Due to time constraint, traffic condition, etc, they may take a different route. Best is to check with the driver before boarding.

The Jalan Wong Ah Fook bus stop is the one right at the front of the row, but I won't advise waiting there, for 2 reasons: 1) whenever there's a bus in front of this bus stop, an oncoming S1 may not stop/wait behind - it may just stop on the outside lane or in front of the bus stop. If you miss it, then you'll have to wait for the next one. 2) there's a pick-pocket risk there. I was pointed to one in action, that one time I waited there, and was advised to go to JB Sentral instead.

The other night when there's a jam near CIQ due to the procession, the driver who picked us up from KSL actually asked each boarding passenger where we wanted to go before letting us pay. "Danga Mall tak mau" - he's not going to Danga Mall, which means he's planning to take another route back to JB Sentral. =:p

Anyway, whether the bus stops at CIQ or JB Sentral, walking over to City Square is just a matter of crossing the bridge. :)

S1 not always will go pos office area and JWAF, last trip they exit custom straight turn left into Stulang area, den rejoin the highway near Pelangi Plaza, bypass JWAF, their bus management suka suka will change route, only order of the shopping mall is fixed :s22:
 

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
21,692
Reaction score
3
Ya is true cos they dun hv bus stop like us.

I also have this experience when i go holiday inn few years ago. I asked the auntie inside the bus got go holiday inn, she told me yes, but when it passed by holiday inn, the bus never stop and i quickly asked the driver to stop when it left holiday inn. The driver told me next time tell him early if not he didn't know.

I tot i could press bell when i see the bus stop. But i waited and waited couldn't see any bus stop. So i have learnt my lesson, i will inform the driver where i want to go and sit near the driver whahahaahahahah.

LOL, dun say holiday Inn, even Denga City Mall which it is supposed to go, oso always bypass, as long nobody press bell, driver see bus-stop no waiting pple, he dun bother go in the slip road :s13:
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
S1 not always will go pos office area and JWAF, last trip they exit custom straight turn left into Stulang area, den rejoin the highway near Pelangi Plaza, bypass JWAF, their bus management suka suka will change route, only order of the shopping mall is fixed :s22:
If I'm only going to KSL, I don't normally bother which way the bus goes - take it as a little tour if the route changes. Only if I want to go to Holiday Plaza, then I make sure the M17 goes there first. The walk between these 2 malls is short, but I feel kinda stupid to have to walk to and fro if I take the wrong bus or something. :s13:

LOL, dun say holiday Inn, even Denga City Mall which it is supposed to go, oso always bypass, as long nobody press bell, driver see bus-stop no waiting pple, he dun bother go in the slip road :s13:
Yup, I'd to alight by the side of the main road on my first trip there, because the driver forgot I wanted to go there. :D
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
For Holiday Plaza, don't ask auntie, ask driver! :s13:

From JB Sentral, I know S1 goes to KSL first, then Holiday Plaza; whereas M17 goes to Holiday Plaza first, then KSL. But I'll always ask the driver if he's going Holiday Plaza FIRST coz the wait at KSL for S1 to go to HP can really take a long time. :s22:

Ya lor, i took the one that stop at KSL one lor. so stupid right? If i know i should have not waited and walk to holiday inn faster. wahahahhahahah.

And the stupid thing is that i didnt know that there is a bus stop below the custom. I walked all the way to the city square bus stop to take the bus. wahhahhha.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top