KSL Mall (Johor)

akiden

Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Read in front some ppl commented there's a nice black carrot stall but I'm not clear whether it's inside a food court in holiday inn plaza or the Mon pasar malam outside Ksl. Any advice?

Which wanton mee of the 2 outside Ksl is nice huh? Some ppl say the mee is blend not nice le....

Thanks!
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,169
Reaction score
13,175
You stayed in the KSL apartment hotel right?

Can i check with you is it that the windows can be opened and there's no window grille? Thinking of booking cos the rates quite cheap but scare that my kids may fall from the window.

Then staying at the apartment hotel can access into the dinosaur swiming pool at KSL resort is it?
Yes, those windows caught our attention too, especially the ones in the master bedroom with the king-size bed. :s13:

But no worries, they've those...hinges(?) fixed so that each casement window can only be opened up to about 6-inches thereabout. Much like what I've seen in Genting's First World Hotel rooms. I'd, though, advise you to check all the windows once you check-in, just to be sure. And as far as possible, keep the kids from leaning against those windows as they stretch from floor to ceiling.

My concern, though, is the balcony which has no grills. You can lock the sliding door leading to it, though, but I'm not sure how you can keep your kids from opening them.

Read in front some ppl commented there's a nice black carrot stall but I'm not clear whether it's inside a food court in holiday inn plaza or the Mon pasar malam outside Ksl. Any advice?

Which wanton mee of the 2 outside Ksl is nice huh? Some ppl say the mee is blend not nice le....

Thanks!

I like the carrot cake from the stall at the pasar malam, where a couple set up their tables right behind their van loaded with lots and lots of eggs.
 

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
26,122
Reaction score
54
Just came back from KSL last Friday. Took the bus from JB Sentral, only RM1.50 per pax. Around 15 mins drive.

Things quite cheap there. Bought a samsung USB only RM3.

Saw the Soon Soon Leong ba ku teh recommend by the brothers here, it is just directly opposite KSL. It was raining heavily thus I didnt managed to try.:(

I'll try the wanton mee and bakuteh next time. :s13:

1) anyone got the schedule of the bus?
2) anyone knows which type of room of ksl hotel got bath tub?
 
Last edited:

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
1) anyone got the schedule of the bus?
2) anyone knows which type of room of ksl hotel got bath tub?

There is no schedule, it is 20 mins interval. You take at JB sentral interchange, walk the same direction as to city square but midway, you take the escalator down to the bus interchange.

I heard that deluxe category got bath tub. Superior category has NO bathtube. You email them for more details.

Enjoy your stay! :)
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
There are 2 buses going to KSL. One is the shopping bus which runs.... I think once an hour. Used to be twice but since not many people taking, it is now like once every hour. You have to check because the time is somewhat around the hour past. Once you miss it, good luck, you will have to wait like I did. Why? because I used to take this bus to Denga City Mall. Anyway, I no longer take it as I would rather walk there from CS, about 20-25min

The other bus, is those normal bus, I don't recall what number, but can ask or they will shout KSL. Don't worry, it is indicated on their sign board on the bus. This bus has a short wait frequency than the previous one.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,169
Reaction score
13,175
There are 2 buses going to KSL. One is the shopping bus which runs.... I think once an hour. Used to be twice but since not many people taking, it is now like once every hour. You have to check because the time is somewhat around the hour past. Once you miss it, good luck, you will have to wait like I did. Why? because I used to take this bus to Denga City Mall. Anyway, I no longer take it as I would rather walk there from CS, about 20-25min

The other bus, is those normal bus, I don't recall what number, but can ask or they will shout KSL. Don't worry, it is indicated on their sign board on the bus. This bus has a short wait frequency than the previous one.

Not sure which is which that you're referring to, but there are Causeway Link's S1, and another bus that's M17 if I'm not wrong about the alphabet, which is a whitish one.

I've always known S1 to go to KSL before going to Holiday Plaza, whereas the whitish one goes to Holiday Plaza first before KSL. Makes a difference to me coz S1 will stop at KSL for some time, like 10mins or more, before heading to Holiday Plaza.

Last week when I was at JB Sentral, both buses had people shouting KSL. :s13:
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Not sure which is which that you're referring to, but there are Causeway Link's S1, and another bus that's M17 if I'm not wrong about the alphabet, which is a whitish one.

I've always known S1 to go to KSL before going to Holiday Plaza, whereas the whitish one goes to Holiday Plaza first before KSL. Makes a difference to me coz S1 will stop at KSL for some time, like 10mins or more, before heading to Holiday Plaza.

Last week when I was at JB Sentral, both buses had people shouting KSL. :s13:

Yes, you got them right. KSL shopping bus will stop for a while at KSL before continuing its cycle to Denga and then city Square.
 

ccssgm

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
0
Going to Book 1N @ KSL Deluxe triple room on Monday, Enjoy Monday Evening Pasir Malam Food
 

endlssorrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
11,088
Reaction score
852
si bei sian... so many sg cars go inside... like see which one heng to tio nia
 

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,370
Reaction score
537
saw quite alot sg cars dun even bother to head in.. just as per normal park like in sg reverse in.
 

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/stompers-car-gets-broken-into-at-new-ksl-city-mall-in-jb

I have been to ksl many time. Just his luck. It has also happened to malaysian cars.

Worst could also happened in Sg like my friend's car windscreen was smashed in town near international plaza and she lost her bag containing doc that were thrown further down the road.

In KL and Malacca I parked at ulu places and nothing happened. Just your luck.
 
Last edited:

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,169
Reaction score
13,175
Going to Book 1N @ KSL Deluxe triple room on Monday, Enjoy Monday Evening Pasir Malam Food

How's your stay? :)

I was there on Monday night too, but ended up only buying some stuff from the pasar malam, then headed to Cedar Point for dinner. :D
 

SpinTop

Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Is it walking distance from KSL to Cedar Point ?
which direction from KSL ? thanks

How's your stay? :)

I was there on Monday night too, but ended up only buying some stuff from the pasar malam, then headed to Cedar Point for dinner. :D
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,169
Reaction score
13,175
Is it walking distance from KSL to Cedar Point ?
which direction from KSL ? thanks

Yes, it's within walking distance from KSL. It's at the other end of the pasar malam, just behind Hotel Grand Paragon. :)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,169
Reaction score
13,175
Hello pple... wat time does the pasar malam starts? Only monday right?

Different days, different parts of JB. This one at KSL only on Mondays.

Stalls start opening about 4ish, most closing about 9ish.
 

blurrz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
6,616
Reaction score
0
Different days, different parts of JB. This one at KSL only on Mondays.

Stalls start opening about 4ish, most closing about 9ish.

Walk out from ksl can see already?
Intend to go walk n buy food then drive back early to prevent jams...
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,169
Reaction score
13,175
Walk out from ksl can see already?
Intend to go walk n buy food then drive back early to prevent jams...

Yup, right outside the main entrance of the mall (which is also the road right outside the hotel lobby), you'll be able to see the pasar malam across the road.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top