Kuala Lumpur trip

Justrade

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
1,994
Reaction score
1,065
A basic room per night in a 5 star hotel, including taxes, start from RM350+ onwards. (S$150+)

The above is for online bookings. Not sure about tour packages.

I am sure not everyone is willing to spend that amount of money. Heh.
Why need to follow tour. Just walk around yourself. Very easy.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
I think this is accp
assuming I take bus from larkin bus terminal, what is the best I bus I can take from there to KL? is there many timing and do I have to book in advance
Go to easy book website, there are lot of coach going. Just pick the timing most suitable for you.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,467
Reaction score
1,534
Go to easy book website, there are lot of coach going. Just pick the timing most suitable for you.
ok, I am currently taking a coach from easy book to KL berjaya times Square. I am currently on my way there, transit from SG to JB custom is already 3 hours due to the JAM, the bus driver is trying his best to reach with a speed of 110/km but it will still take another 4 hours.

I didn't realise the airport and berjaya times square is that far apart, the grab there is about 65rm. and btw is there any must visit place at KL? currently I only know petaling street and berjaya times square. is there any hotel to consider there? I would like the hotel to have laundromat

lastly, manjalink cannot be used there right?
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
ok, I am currently taking a coach from easy book to KL berjaya times Square. I am currently on my way there, transit from SG to JB custom is already 3 hours due to the JAM, the bus driver is trying his best to reach with a speed of 110/km but it will still take another 4 hours.

I didn't realise the airport and berjaya times square is that far apart, the grab there is about 65rm. and btw is there any must visit place at KL? currently I only know petaling street and berjaya times square. is there any hotel to consider there? I would like the hotel to have laundromat

lastly, manjalink cannot be used there right?
Manjialink, I think can. Can’t rem.
KL I only know Vetigo bar to watch twin tower. I book a tour to sky mirror.
I stay in Ancasa location very good but got many Indian stay there.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,575
Reaction score
3,285
Manjialink, I think can. Can’t rem.
KL I only know Vetigo bar to watch twin tower. I book a tour to sky mirror.
I stay in Ancasa location very good but got many Indian stay there.
Then I think I will avoid this hotel.
 

aLeX84

Master Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,122
ok, I am currently taking a coach from easy book to KL berjaya times Square. I am currently on my way there, transit from SG to JB custom is already 3 hours due to the JAM, the bus driver is trying his best to reach with a speed of 110/km but it will still take another 4 hours.

I didn't realise the airport and berjaya times square is that far apart, the grab there is about 65rm. and btw is there any must visit place at KL? currently I only know petaling street and berjaya times square. is there any hotel to consider there? I would like the hotel to have laundromat

lastly, manjalink cannot be used there right?

The jam so bad even though you're taking coach? Wah dun scare me leh, I going KL later via coach..

As for transit to airport you can either take KLIA Express Train from KL Sentral or go down to the basement bus terminus at street level and take an airport coach (Skybus/Aerobus/Airport Coach) from RM12. All the counters at the basement will sell tix. You should also be able buy bus tix on the Redbus app iirc.

Pls get a Touch N Go RFID card from Lvl 4 of Nu Sentral, the shopping mall linked to KL Sentral. 1 pc 10RM only, you can buy max 2 card at one go. If you want to get around KL via LRT MRT Monorail it will be much easier to pay with TnG card. If your phone has NFC you can download the TnG app and top up the card without having to search for the top up machine. You will have to verify your acct and it's quite a long process but worth the convenience of topping up anytime you want.

If you insist on riding PHV everywhere do remember peak hours are 11am - 1pm, 6pm - 8pm when everyone goes for lunch or pangkang in the evening. It will be significantly harder to get a Grab/Gojek and most drivers just turn off the app then because they don't want to get stuck in afternoon/evening jams. They earn the same fare but burn more petrol because of the jam. Damn bohua. Best to find a destination and camp there until the jam is over. If die die have to travel then LRT MRT Monorail is your best bet.

As for attractions (along with so much good food) there are too many to list? Google maps is your best friend here. You should also use GMaps to plan your journeys.

Good luck!
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
Yes if have a choice.
So I guess I was lucky back then... I was part of a tour coach, maybe no more vacancy for others already. :s13:

It could be that you happened to encounter a tour group from there? Isn't that area more of a Chinatown or something? :unsure:
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,575
Reaction score
3,285
Go Sri Petaling stay better. Cheaper than KLCC/BB area and no **** trying to take upskirt/down blouse pictures of you there. Alot of HK PRC TW stay there when they come to MY.
Anyway I don’t like Chinatown area.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,467
Reaction score
1,534
The jam so bad even though you're taking coach? Wah dun scare me leh, I going KL later via coach..

As for transit to airport you can either take KLIA Express Train from KL Sentral or go down to the basement bus terminus at street level and take an airport coach (Skybus/Aerobus/Airport Coach) from RM12. All the counters at the basement will sell tix. You should also be able buy bus tix on the Redbus app iirc.

Pls get a Touch N Go RFID card from Lvl 4 of Nu Sentral, the shopping mall linked to KL Sentral. 1 pc 10RM only, you can buy max 2 card at one go. If you want to get around KL via LRT MRT Monorail it will be much easier to pay with TnG card. If your phone has NFC you can download the TnG app and top up the card without having to search for the top up machine. You will have to verify your acct and it's quite a long process but worth the convenience of topping up anytime you want.

If you insist on riding PHV everywhere do remember peak hours are 11am - 1pm, 6pm - 8pm when everyone goes for lunch or pangkang in the evening. It will be significantly harder to get a Grab/Gojek and most drivers just turn off the app then because they don't want to get stuck in afternoon/evening jams. They earn the same fare but burn more petrol because of the jam. Damn bohua. Best to find a destination and camp there until the jam is over. If die die have to travel then LRT MRT Monorail is your best bet.

As for attractions (along with so much good food) there are too many to list? Google maps is your best friend here. You should also use GMaps to plan your journeys.

Good luck!
yes, jam was very bad, I took the coach from golden miles to berjaya times square total take 8 hours. the driver did his best to speed up where possible to 120km/h. the reason why i took coach at golden miles is because I don't want to scan mdac at JB ciq and plan to take the senai airport kl route, and 2ndly I haven't book a return flight. and the route there isn't as well develop there as Singapore, a lot of bend before you can reach the destination.

I havent take the MRT yet, and I am currently at the chow kit area. I don't have touch and go RFID but I have touch and go, wonder if I can use it as MRT card? alternatively I have manjalink and visa card only. in that case, where can I get a touch and go RFID?

I read below about the Sri petaling, wonder if there is Chinese food like bak kut teh there. or Petaling Jaya.

I am still considering whether to go to Penang considering I have only 3 days left in my trip.

btw the way got it, kl sentral coach to klia is rather frequent, like 30 minutes each time. each trip is about 3.89 sgd only.
 
Last edited:

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,575
Reaction score
3,285
SRI PETALING not Petaling Street. I also dun like Chinatown area. Too mani scammer and gangster lurking down there oredi.
I know. I meant I don’t like Ancasa location as I don’t like Chinatown area.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
yes, jam was very bad, I took the coach from golden miles to berjaya times square total take 8 hours. the driver did his best to speed up where possible to 120km/h. the reason why i took coach at golden miles is because I don't want to scan mdac at JB ciq and plan to take the senai airport kl route, and 2ndly I haven't book a return flight. and the route there isn't as well develop there as Singapore, a lot of bend before you can reach the destination.

I havent take the MRT yet, and I am currently at the chow kit area. I don't have touch and go RFID but I have touch and go, wonder if I can use it as MRT card? alternatively I have manjalink and visa card only. in that case, where can I get a touch and go RFID?

I read below about the Sri petaling, wonder if there is Chinese food like bak kut teh there. or Petaling Jaya.

I am still considering whether to go to Penang considering I have only 3 days left in my trip.
Touch n Go for public transport in KL, but not sure if all lines covered.

Not familiar with KL...
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
I know. I meant I don’t like Ancasa location as I don’t like Chinatown area.
I'm not comfortable in KL on the whole. Don't mind their huge malls, but not a fan of being in their streets...

Remember once when I went over with friend from Melaka, who'd to run an errand in KL. Initially thought of spending the next day in KL before returning to Melaka, but ended up running off right after breakfast. :s13:

My Ancasa stay was enroute to Genting Highlands, so only for the evening, overnight, then off again after breakfast.
 

aLeX84

Master Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,122
yes, jam was very bad, I took the coach from golden miles to berjaya times square total take 8 hours. the driver did his best to speed up where possible to 120km/h. the reason why i took coach at golden miles is because I don't want to scan mdac at JB ciq and plan to take the senai airport kl route, and 2ndly I haven't book a return flight. and the route there isn't as well develop there as Singapore, a lot of bend before you can reach the destination.

I havent take the MRT yet, and I am currently at the chow kit area. I don't have touch and go RFID but I have touch and go, wonder if I can use it as MRT card? alternatively I have manjalink and visa card only. in that case, where can I get a touch and go RFID?

I read below about the Sri petaling, wonder if there is Chinese food like bak kut teh there. or Petaling Jaya.

I am still considering whether to go to Penang considering I have only 3 days left in my trip.

btw the way got it, kl sentral coach to klia is rather frequent, like 30 minutes each time. each trip is about 3.89 sgd only.

Knn looks like tmr I prepare to sit coach until backside pain liao. Normally the coach only take 6 hrs max, didn't know the jam going to get so bad.

Pls be safe if you're in Chow Kit area. Locals call it the Yishun of KL. If you have normal TnG can use as KTM/MRT/LRT/Monorel card but very troublesome to top up. Nu Sentral TnG store open at 10am tmr, just faster go buy RFID better and link to TnG app. Top up one shot RM50 gao tim your whole trip. No need to keep searching for TnG top up machine like siao lang. Next time come back to MY can top up in SG first before your trip. You can top up your normal TnG card at the store also if you choose, it's one of the confirmed locations with a working top-up machine.

If you have 3 days left just spend in KL better la. Go up Penang and come back SG will waste alot of time travelling. Just use Google Maps to search for what you like (food shopping birdpark zoo shopping malls etc.), read the reviews about the place before deciding to go. You can even go up Genting see see look look if you want. Just use Redbus to book a coach seat + cable car ride at RM20 + RM3 service charge.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,467
Reaction score
1,534
Knn looks like tmr I prepare to sit coach until backside pain liao. Normally the coach only take 6 hrs max, didn't know the jam going to get so bad.

Pls be safe if you're in Chow Kit area. Locals call it the Yishun of KL. If you have normal TnG can use as KTM/MRT/LRT/Monorel card but very troublesome to top up. Nu Sentral TnG store open at 10am tmr, just faster go buy RFID better and link to TnG app. Top up one shot RM50 gao tim your whole trip. No need to keep searching for TnG top up machine like siao lang. Next time come back to MY can top up in SG first before your trip. You can top up your normal TnG card at the store also if you choose, it's one of the confirmed locations with a working top-up machine.

If you have 3 days left just spend in KL better la. Go up Penang and come back SG will waste alot of time travelling. Just use Google Maps to search for what you like (food shopping birdpark zoo shopping malls etc.), read the reviews about the place before deciding to go. You can even go up Genting see see look look if you want. Just use Redbus to book a coach seat + cable car ride at RM20 + RM3 service charge.

on the coach there is only 1 stopover with a 10 minutes toliet break and for you to buy snacks. pass the tuas custom, the convinence store only accept cash only.

I already have the normal touch and go and top up using VISA.

by the way,a Malaysia has implemented tourism tax, every night you stay have to pay 10rm.

I do like the idea of going to KL sentral and going to Genting. is there other tall structure around whereby I can enjoy the scenery around me?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
on the coach there is only 1 stopover with a 10 minutes toliet break and for you to buy snacks. pass the tuas custom, the convinence store only accept cash only.

I already have the normal touch and go and top up using VISA.

by the way,a Malaysia has implemented tourism tax, every night you stay have to pay 10rm.

I do like the idea of going to KL sentral and going to Genting. is there other tall structure around whereby I can enjoy the scenery around me?
Can check out this place (y)

https://www.gentinghighlands.info/chin-swee-temple.htm
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
So I guess I was lucky back then... I was part of a tour coach, maybe no more vacancy for others already. :s13:

It could be that you happened to encounter a tour group from there? Isn't that area more of a Chinatown or something? :unsure:
I don’t know, could be
 

Innocuous*

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
559
Reaction score
262
Knn looks like tmr I prepare to sit coach until backside pain liao. Normally the coach only take 6 hrs max, didn't know the jam going to get so bad.

Pls be safe if you're in Chow Kit area. Locals call it the Yishun of KL. If you have normal TnG can use as KTM/MRT/LRT/Monorel card but very troublesome to top up. Nu Sentral TnG store open at 10am tmr, just faster go buy RFID better and link to TnG app. Top up one shot RM50 gao tim your whole trip. No need to keep searching for TnG top up machine like siao lang. Next time come back to MY can top up in SG first before your trip. You can top up your normal TnG card at the store also if you choose, it's one of the confirmed locations with a working top-up machine.

If you have 3 days left just spend in KL better la. Go up Penang and come back SG will waste alot of time travelling. Just use Google Maps to search for what you like (food shopping birdpark zoo shopping malls etc.), read the reviews about the place before deciding to go. You can even go up Genting see see look look if you want. Just use Redbus to book a coach seat + cable car ride at RM20 + RM3 service charge.
For sharing, I got TNG card from Watsons. Top up can be done at any Watsons outlet. But they accept cash only for TNG top up. Yes, the newer TNG card is more convenient and top up can be done via app.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top