Lasik eye Surgery

catwhisperer

Reaction score
Just did an eye assessment at EEC today, and though I am suitable for LASIK, Dr Lynn Yeo recommended that ICL would be better for me, especially since I have high myopia and I am quite concerned with the side effects of LASIK (dry eyes, no please).

Silly question, but for those who did ICL, how do you supposedly wash your face/eyes in the morning after the surgery?
I just close my eyes and ensure I dab dry before opening my eyes

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically if your vision can be corrected well with glasses, ICL should give good result. Got additional test on some cell count, probably to assess how well you will heal from the cut.

Sorry late reply, saw your other message also, no issues for me since surgery, perfect, no dry eyes also.

EDIT: been about 6 weeks since surgery.

No worries.
Did u do on one eye or both?
Which doctor u go to?

whiitpy

Reaction score
Anybody has any recommendations on which clinic to do ReLEx SMILE or which doctor? Searched through the thread but realize there aren't many reviews for the different clinics in Singapore :confused:
I wanna do Relex smile.
Went to atlas eyes , the Clinic / doctor quite strict. I was turned down (says big difference of astigma between 2 eyes)
So I’m thinking to go either eagle eyes or Optimax now

Jade1986

Reaction score
Hello! Thought I wanna share my ICL experience with you guys, I just did it yesterday with EEC with Dr Julian Theng

before doing the ICL, I was scheduled to do the laser iridotomy and I did it with Dr
Desmond Quek. A quick procedure as they just wanna do a laser hole in the eye so as to reduce the eye pressure before the ICL procedure. I probably need to do this pre-procedure as the gap to insert the lenses is pretty shallow, so Dr Julian Theng suggested I have this done. Painless procedure, some people might experience headache after from what I googled but thankfully no side effects for me. This is claimable via Medisave :)
Downtime: 0
Mc: 2 days

then is the ICL procedure, the whole procedure took only 25 minutes by Dr Julian Theng. Painless procedure as lots of numbing eye drops was applied on the eyes, the only unbearable thing is the bright lights which you need to stare at for the whole procedure, but your eyes will get used to the brightness after 5 minutes. After working on both eyes, I can see immediately! My myopia is very bad like -9.75 and -9.5 with high astig of -3.5 too, so I was very happy that I can see immediately. I went for lunch alone after that and return to check on my pressure so I must say no much downtime there and is okay to go alone for the surgery if you not have anyone to accompany you :)
Mc: 5 days

went for my first day review earlier and my eye sight is 6/6 for both eyes :D

Good luck for those exploring ICL. It is really amazing truly. I regret not doing it earlier.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! Thought I wanna share my ICL experience with you guys, I just did it yesterday with EEC with Dr Julian Theng

before doing the ICL, I was scheduled to do the laser iridotomy and I did it with Dr
Desmond Quek. A quick procedure as they just wanna do a laser hole in the eye so as to reduce the eye pressure before the ICL procedure. I probably need to do this pre-procedure as the gap to insert the lenses is pretty shallow, so Dr Julian Theng suggested I have this done. Painless procedure, some people might experience headache after from what I googled but thankfully no side effects for me. This is claimable via Medisave :)
Mc: 2 days

then is the ICL procedure, the whole procedure took only 25 minutes by Dr Julian Theng. Painless procedure as lots of numbing eye drops was applied on the eyes, the only unbearable thing is the bright lights which you need to stare at for the whole procedure, but your eyes will get used to the brightness after 5 minutes. After working on both eyes, I can see immediately! My myopia is very bad like -9.75 and -9.5 with high astig of -3.5 too, so I was very happy that I can see immediately. I went for lunch alone after that and return to check on my pressure so I must say no much downtime there and is okay to go alone for the surgery if you not have anyone to accompany you :)
Mc: 5 days

Good luck for those exploring ICL. It is really amazing truly. I regret not doing it earlier.

U are lucky. Not everyone suitable to do ICL.

oldleo

Reaction score
Never heard of this.
But my doc tells me later need to to for cataract surgery as if it is a sure thing.
Maybe it's dependent on the patient's myopia/astig degree then.

I was wondering about the cataract thing too, but I can only find statistics on the average age that people will get cataract, not the overall percentage.

oldleo

Reaction score

I'm jealous! I wanted to do ICL too after listening to Dr Yeo but I am not a suitable candidate.

Jade1986

Reaction score
I'm jealous! I wanted to do ICL too after listening to Dr Yeo but I am not a suitable candidate.
Maybe consult a second opinion? Dr Theng was reluctant to do it for me too cos the gap was too shallow, I was slightly below the mark, but after several checks he decided to take up the challenge. Depends on the comfortability of the doctor I guess, maybe you can try to consult other doctors and hopefully someone will be confident to take up your case :)

oldleo

Reaction score
Maybe consult a second opinion? Dr Theng was reluctant to do it for me too cos the gap was too shallow, I was slightly below the mark, but after several checks he decided to take up the challenge. Depends on the comfortability of the doctor I guess, maybe you can try to consult other doctors and hopefully someone will be confident to take up your case :)
One of my eyes was slightly below, but the other was too much below, as mentioned by Dr Yeo.

abutan

Reaction score
those who did ICL, can check if you guys are experiencing halos? 1 week after my surgery, still seeing halos. and Dr Yeo recommended me to undercorrect my non master eye in order to achieve mono vision. She said this will delay the onset of lao hua. Now this is kind of frustrating as I can't see completely clearly. think my brain has not adjusted to mono vision yet.

oldleo

Reaction score
those who did ICL, can check if you guys are experiencing halos? 1 week after my surgery, still seeing halos. and Dr Yeo recommended me to undercorrect my non master eye in order to achieve mono vision. She said this will delay the onset of lao hua. Now this is kind of frustrating as I can't see completely clearly. think my brain has not adjusted to mono vision yet.
So yours is halo plus cannot see clearly through both/one eye? Did you try out monovision contact lens?

Interested to see what the rest say. Dr Yeo recommended monovision and lasik for me (as I am not suitable for ICL) and I am trying out monovision contact lens now. Just for sharing, I am now in my 2nd week of using monovision contact lens and my brain still has not "filtered" out the blurness.

abutan

Reaction score
So yours is halo plus cannot see clearly through both/one eye? Did you try out monovision contact lens?

Interested to see what the rest say. Dr Yeo recommended monovision and lasik for me (as I am not suitable for ICL) and I am trying out monovision contact lens now. Just for sharing, I am now in my 2nd week of using monovision contact lens and my brain still has not "filtered" out the blurness.
The halos does not prevent me from seeing things, it’s kind of annoying when especially when I’m driving at night or in tunnels, the halos keep coming. Dr Yeo says it should get better overtime. Didn’t know there’s an option to try mono vision contact lens first, I just went with her suggestion as I trusted her opinion. Hope my brain gets used to this mono vision soon because it’s really frustrating not being able to see clearly after operation.
Btw, why did Dr Yeo recommend mono vision for you?

oldleo

Reaction score
The halos does not prevent me from seeing things, it’s kind of annoying when especially when I’m driving at night or in tunnels, the halos keep coming. Dr Yeo says it should get better overtime. Didn’t know there’s an option to try mono vision contact lens first, I just went with her suggestion as I trusted her opinion. Hope my brain gets used to this mono vision soon because it’s really frustrating not being able to see clearly after operation.
Btw, why did Dr Yeo recommend mono vision for you?
So I guess you are younger. I am already experiencing presbyopia. :D
So I guess you don't have double vision/blurness due to visual overlapping?

abutan

Reaction score
So I guess you are younger. I am already experiencing presbyopia. :D
So I guess you don't have double vision/blurness due to visual overlapping?
No double vision or vision overlapping, just that the under corrected eye doesn’t see things clearly and it’s very frustrating

Jade1986

Reaction score
Yes I’m still seeing halos but I just did ICL one week ago. I read up on it and it says that it will eventually go away 1-3 months.
But i just realised today that I can’t see object too close though, like it gets blurry and I can only see clearly when it is 8inches away, anything closer things just get blurry. Anyone experiencing that too?

oldleo

Reaction score
No double vision or vision overlapping, just that the under corrected eye doesn’t see things clearly and it’s very frustrating
How much is it undercorrected? A friend who did monovision (not sure how much undercorrection she did) said that she has no problem adapting.

Do share when your brain adapted to monovision. :)

And is there discount if one goes to Dr Yeo? If yes, can you share your referral in the event that I decide to go ahead with Dr Yeo?

Ironaddict

Reaction score
anw there is a new ICL called visian lenses. If I am not wrong most of the clinics in Sg are already using the newer lenses. Quite surprised to hear that EEC is still using the old ICL procedure where iridotomy is required to relieve eye pressure.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anw there is a new ICL called visian lenses. If I am not wrong most of the clinics in Sg are already using the newer lenses. Quite surprised to hear that EEC is still using the old ICL procedure where iridotomy is required to relieve eye pressure.

Which clinic has that and is good at it.
Is the risk higher or lower, etc.
Easier to be eligible for it?
Reversible?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.