LG G Pro 2

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,292
Reaction score
164
Make sure your screen is unlocked after plug'-in usb cable and choose "PC / Software" first to allow detection. Didn't you? :)

sigh i tried both cant. nothing show up
Tired all i could and all i get is usb device not recongise. I switch around desktop and laptop both also can't ;(

I can only transfer via the wireless option in LG PC Suite
 
Last edited:

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,292
Reaction score
164
Used another USB cable?

I remember is not the cable issues last time I had this problem with Xperia and Samsung device as well. Sigh/ I left it at home charging first. Need to go out .. Meantime looking online for other solution
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
I remember is not the cable issues last time I had this problem with Xperia and Samsung device as well. Sigh/ I left it at home charging first. Need to go out .. Meantime looking online for other solution

Congratulations! for having the trust and confident in the
Pro 2 and being fortunate enough to get a new set.

I didn't know how to transfer data from my old
Samsung Note One either and still don't how to do it
even today.

However regarding the first time charging of your new
device, there are quite a bit of confusion from the people
selling you the phone. "Charge minimum eight hours
before using" I wonder what is the reason for that kind
of instruction. I didn't listen to the advice for with past
experiences using new mobile phones this advice can
be dangerous in shortening the life of the new battery.

With proper charging of the battery, it can last at least
3 to 4 years of usage though it may be weaker as time
goes by. What are other LG brothers' experiences?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
After 1 year, I can feel that my original battery performance is declining about 20%.

It doesn't last as long as the first 6 months which is expected.

The good thing is that I have a spare battery that helps a lot.
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Thank for the battery tips! I still need help with the usb issues

There is always problems in quality detail communication
especially when you are facing a technical issue.
I suggest you place your problems in point forms, step
by step procedure of what you have done so far.

Then others who understand exactly how you went through
would have easily give you the solution you required.
I couldn't understand a bit of what you described about
your experiences with the other phones (Sony and Samsung),

The best way is to tell us when you open the new box of
the Pro 2, what did you try to do to try to transfer data,
tell us transfer from where, from which device?

We have to learn how to communicate effectively and this
will not waste so much of our precious time. :s8:
 
Last edited:

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,292
Reaction score
164
There is always problems in quality detail communication
especially when you are facing a technical issue.
I suggest you place your problems in point forms, step
by step procedure of what you have done so far.

Then others who understand exactly how you went through
would have easily give you the solution you required.
I couldn't understand a bit of what you described about
your experiences with the other phones (Sony and Samsung),

The best way is to tell us when you open the new box of
the Pro 2, what did you try to do to try to transfer data,
tell us transfer from where, from which device?

We have to learn how to communicate effectively and this
will not waste so much of our precious time. :s8:


Thanks falcom bro! Cause I been very busy the whole day and frustrating as well. Guess I will go back later in the night and figure it out all over again
 
Last edited:

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Thanks falcom bro! Cause I been very busy the whole day and frustrating as well. Guess I will go back later in the night and figure it out all over again
Did you go phone setting to select the correct usb connection method?
 

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,292
Reaction score
164
Did you go phone setting to select the correct usb connection method?

Yes I did. From charge phone option to mtp to lg software. I even try developer option for use debugg option as well. Any option or method I did result in usb not recognize. Apparently my only option is to try another usb cable which I will try it out later. Hopefully it will work
 

NoKiALoVeR

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
0
You should try to uninstall the LG drivers, clear the USB drivers from Devices list, refresh devices list and then reinstall LG drivers. Hope that helps.

Congrats on getting your G2 Pro. I have 3 of those in my family. All waiting for lollipop... :s13:
 

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,292
Reaction score
164
Finally! Swap back to the original cable and everything work flawlessly! Done with all the transfer and configuration and yet the battery still at 100% amazing !
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Finally! Swap back to the original cable and everything work flawlessly! Done with all the transfer and configuration and yet the battery still at 100% amazing !

Glad to know that you finally got what you want.
Kindly share with us the details as I am also burred in this
task of transferring and to configure the phone.
"Swap back to the original cable"...is it the original cable
from the Pro 2 unit or your other cables which you have?

Also what are the apps that can be transferred to the
Pro 2 new phone? :s11:
 

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Finally! Swap back to the original cable and everything work flawlessly! Done with all the transfer and configuration and yet the battery still at 100% amazing !

For fast charging, you also have to use original charger n cable. Otherwise can be slow like tortoise . :D
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
For fast charging, you also have to use original charger n cable. Otherwise can be slow like tortoise . :D

It is not necessary to get the charger as the spare battery
can be charge using the phone and the original quick
charging cable.

Is there a necessity to use a battery saver app? If so,
which one is truly functional and not just ********.
 

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
It is not necessary to get the charger as the spare battery
can be charge using the phone and the original quick
charging cable.

Is there a necessity to use a battery saver app? If so,
which one is truly functional and not just ********.

I don't use battery savers apps. I sometimes doubt if they really work. I lower screen brightness to a comfortable level to save power. I do set the task mgr to auto clear ram hourly. :)
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
I don't use battery savers apps. I sometimes doubt if they really work. I lower screen brightness to a comfortable level to save power. I do set the task mgr to auto clear ram hourly. :)

I can't find the task mgr on my phone, is it from Playstore
and have to download?
 

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
I am not sure if forum friends here load any security app. I don't. I believe the phone security setting to verify n disallow installation of unknown apps is gd enough. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top