LG's 2012 TV lineup

bojangle

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
903
Reaction score
14
why you all still worrying about trade-ins, and whether they accept crt or not?

if you read what I've posted, you don't need to trade-in and still get the vouchers.. or maybe some other freebies too. =:p

ok, recieved my tv and am pleased with the pictures so far, enjoying it over the weekend, so never log-in here and sorry to those brothers that waiting for my reply via PM. Am replying now.

Personally I prefer the 3D quality as compared with previous LW5700/6500. Which was also confirmed by my friend who bought the LW6500 2mths ago and came over to audit and compare the features. Now, he's regretting for not waiting for another 2mths. :s13:

Infact the price selling now I can say is cheaper as compared to LW6500 before it was discontinued. The last price for 47' LW6500 before discontinued was around $2199. When LM series released, shops start clearing stocks by offering $1799 or $1899. So, if you compare last price of $2199 and now, the price is cheaper after you minus off the vouchers value.
 

limitation

Master Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
0
why you all still worrying about trade-ins, and whether they accept crt or not?

if you read what I've posted, you don't need to trade-in and still get the vouchers.. or maybe some other freebies too. =:p

ok, recieved my tv and am pleased with the pictures so far, enjoying it over the weekend, so never log-in here and sorry to those brothers that waiting for my reply via PM. Am replying now.

Personally I prefer the 3D quality as compared with previous LW5700/6500. Which was also confirmed by my friend who bought the LW6500 2mths ago and came over to audit and compare the features. Now, he's regretting for not waiting for another 2mths. :s13:

Infact the price selling now I can say is cheaper as compared to LW6500 before it was discontinued. The last price for 47' LW6500 before discontinued was around $2199. When LM series released, shops start clearing stocks by offering $1799 or $1899. So, if you compare last price of $2199 and now, the price is cheaper after you minus off the vouchers value.

Hmm..mind sharing where and how much u bought ur tv? And wat freebies did the salesman offer u? :)
 

dannylkp

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Just got this tv and have a couple of questions:
- how do I get the PVR function to work? Can't find anything on it in the owner's manual, neither is it in the in-tv user guide

- the TV does not recognize mkv files from USB drive nor DLNA NAS drive. Anyway to get mkv files to playback on the tv?

I have got no problem with my LG TV playing mkv files directly from USB drive. I even played it with 3D movie.

I have not tried it to play mkv files from NAS yet. Not too sure can it access files directly to my NAS. Anyway, will try it this weekends.

As for PVR, don't intent to use it because after reading some info. from internet. The external HDD has to be exclusively used only by LG TV that support this feature. That means recorded TV programmes cannot be played on your PC because the HDD has to be also formatted by your TV using different method.

:):)
 

keanho

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
i encountered problem connecting to my mio wifi router. no problems with all my other devices. but just can't connect the TV LM6700. anyone encountered this problem?
 

ralph

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
414
Reaction score
0
For those who are interested...

The flagship LM9600 is out on display..
True local dimming instead of edge lit.

But wonder what kind of impact on such TVs sales now that DVB-T2 is confirmed next yr.
 

kahhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Yep its true that trade in is not necessary after talking to the salesman.
I bought the 47LM6700 and they wrote for me trade-in waived off on the invoice and can proceed to LG at alexandra to collect the $300 choice voucher. Free gift only the HDMI cable plus wall mounting bracket. I bought also the 42LW5700 few months ago and regret now as I can see the picture quality is better. The wifi built in seems better than WIFI dongle on the LW5700 during movie streaming. No external USB module needed for the magic wand but im already using the LGTV remote on Iphone apps to control the TV which can key in the letters much faster.
It finally can play the flash 10 www.youtube.com compare to my 42LW5700.:)

why you all still worrying about trade-ins, and whether they accept crt or not?

if you read what I've posted, you don't need to trade-in and still get the vouchers.. or maybe some other freebies too. =:p

ok, recieved my tv and am pleased with the pictures so far, enjoying it over the weekend, so never log-in here and sorry to those brothers that waiting for my reply via PM. Am replying now.

Personally I prefer the 3D quality as compared with previous LW5700/6500. Which was also confirmed by my friend who bought the LW6500 2mths ago and came over to audit and compare the features. Now, he's regretting for not waiting for another 2mths. :s13:

Infact the price selling now I can say is cheaper as compared to LW6500 before it was discontinued. The last price for 47' LW6500 before discontinued was around $2199. When LM series released, shops start clearing stocks by offering $1799 or $1899. So, if you compare last price of $2199 and now, the price is cheaper after you minus off the vouchers value.
 

bleonz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
1,500
Reaction score
0
For those who are interested...

The flagship LM9600 is out on display..
True local dimming instead of edge lit.

But wonder what kind of impact on such TVs sales now that DVB-T2 is confirmed next yr.
No impact la...if you using Starhub SCV Box or MiO TV box. If not, then it will have no impact too until MDA completely switch off Analog Signal which is scheduled to be in 2020. By then, if you still have this TV...I kowtow to you :)
 

ralph

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
414
Reaction score
0
No impact la...if you using Starhub SCV Box or MiO TV box. If not, then it will have no impact too until MDA completely switch off Analog Signal which is scheduled to be in 2020. By then, if you still have this TV...I kowtow to you :)


for pple who dun normally watch FTA programs thru the PTV Box... too muc of hassles with remotes & stuffs, non-subscriber..

integrated DVB-T2 tuner means 1 less box (assuming e above).

for pple who buy HDTV... will definitely relish the opp of better streaming thru digital than analogue and, very likely....it will b ALL Digital from 2013 rather than 2020..

guess its easier for me to wait till 2013 rather than 2020... :)
 

kahhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Dear members,
Im not too sure if any 1 have encouter DLNA connection problem with LM6700? I currently have a 42LW5700 and 47LM6700 both connected using Aztech homeplug to the router. Im using the DLNA service to play mp4 video over the LAN but strangely, 42LW5700 plays smoothly over the entire movie but when playing the same movie with 47LM6700, it seems lagging and somtimes the voice is not coordinated properly as well.
I swap the homplug but the problem still persist. Could it be network problem on the TV itself or the DLNA service?
Thank you in advancve for your advise and comments
 

Raj1969

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Dear members,
Im not too sure if any 1 have encouter DLNA connection problem with LM6700? I currently have a 42LW5700 and 47LM6700 both connected using Aztech homeplug to the router. Im using the DLNA service to play mp4 video over the LAN but strangely, 42LW5700 plays smoothly over the entire movie but when playing the same movie with 47LM6700, it seems lagging and somtimes the voice is not coordinated properly as well.
I swap the homplug but the problem still persist. Could it be network problem on the TV itself or the DLNA service?
Thank you in advancve for your advise and comments

Why not use Wifi for your LM6700? I am using Wifi N to access my HD files on my NAS which has DLNA enabled. No problems with lipsync.
 

kun1he2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
174
Looking at the reviews online (non-SG), it seems like it can decode dts in the mkv container... Best if someone local can confirm.
 

xboxlife

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
860
Reaction score
3
Hi,im interested to get the model 55LS5700 or 47LM6200.Any user can comment which model shd i go for ps3 gaming,3DBluray and movies without ghost image?


Many thks
 

mzabu25

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
LS is not a 3D TV

Hi,im interested to get the model 55LS5700 or 47LM6200.Any user can comment which model shd i go for ps3 gaming,3DBluray and movies without ghost image?


Many thks

I don't own any of the above model you mentioned but i think LS series is not the 3D TV.
 

kahhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Why not use Wifi for your LM6700? I am using Wifi N to access my HD files on my NAS which has DLNA enabled. No problems with lipsync.

Hi thanks for the advise. manage to find out the problem. It seems like DLNA when playing MP4 with 1024x432 in 47LM6700 seems problem. But when I convert the video to 1024x576 it's ok now. It's weird that my another 42LW5700 does not have this problem
 

andre_flea

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I use my LM6200 to read mkv from upnp with both dts and dolby audio and it works flawlessly. However, from if we pass DTS through hdmi (in this case, from my mac), LM6200 unable to decode it (yet).
I haven't tried using direct USB though.


can the 2012 series able to read dts audio in mkv file ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top