LG's 2012 TV lineup

dannylkp

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Dear members,
Im not too sure if any 1 have encouter DLNA connection problem with LM6700? I currently have a 42LW5700 and 47LM6700 both connected using Aztech homeplug to the router. Im using the DLNA service to play mp4 video over the LAN but strangely, 42LW5700 plays smoothly over the entire movie but when playing the same movie with 47LM6700, it seems lagging and somtimes the voice is not coordinated properly as well.
I swap the homplug but the problem still persist. Could it be network problem on the TV itself or the DLNA service?
Thank you in advancve for your advise and comments

Hi, my tv is LG 55LM6700, wired via AZtech homeplug to my d-link gigabits router. I play HD movie streamed from my PC (Serviio DLNA server) without any issue.... It is as good as playing blu ray dsc. The transmission speed is important for streaming HD movie therefore I use the fastest transmission speed devices available in the market. I use gigabits ethernet router and the fastest 500 Mbps type of Aztech home plug. :)
 

michaelchang

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
SCV problem

Just got my LM6700 today n it can't detect my Scv HD connection via HDMI, I put the same cable to my samsung n it works fine..

wonder what can be the problem? :s11:
 

kahhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Hi, my tv is LG 55LM6700, wired via AZtech homeplug to my d-link gigabits router. I play HD movie streamed from my PC (Serviio DLNA server) without any issue.... It is as good as playing blu ray dsc. The transmission speed is important for streaming HD movie therefore I use the fastest transmission speed devices available in the market. I use gigabits ethernet router and the fastest 500 Mbps type of Aztech home plug. :)

Hi thanks for the advise and reply :). I thought of transmission speed is important but when wanting to change everthing to gigabits, I notice that my 47LM6700 is of 100mbps and not 1gbps. Could this be a bottleneck?
 

Eric Ying

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,899
Reaction score
1,297
I use my LM6200 to read mkv from upnp with both dts and dolby audio and it works flawlessly. However, from if we pass DTS through hdmi (in this case, from my mac), LM6200 unable to decode it (yet).
I haven't tried using direct USB though.

Thx , I want to play dts via DNA and AirPlay only
Look like lm6200 can do the job
 

dannylkp

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi thanks for the advise and reply :). I thought of transmission speed is important but when wanting to change everthing to gigabits, I notice that my 47LM6700 is of 100mbps and not 1gbps. Could this be a bottleneck?

Hi, I don't really can get u???? :s22: what do u mean by your lm6200 is 100 Mbps??? Mbps is referring to data transferring speed from your router to reach your tv. The wifi N in your tv can already receive signal in 300 Mbps transmission speed wirelessly from your router. if your tv can receive only 100 Mbps signal then it totally cannot support HD streaming in this case. There will be too much lagging. Direct hi-speed HDMI cable transmission to your tv is already about 10.2Ghz. Or are u referring to the 120hz specs of the TV! Then this is totally not relate to signal transmission speed.:)
 

dannylkp

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Thx , I want to play dts via DNA and AirPlay only
Look like lm6200 can do the job

This TV can certainly play the dts audio format in mkv container file. Just that the audio out from the TV is always stereo because the TV has only LEFT and RIGHT speakers. The audio signal out from the TV's SPID optical audio out is also not DTS. That means it cannot pass thru DTS 5.1 signal out but DD 5.1 is possible. :):)
 

cslim35

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
2,699
Reaction score
0
Xinmsn videos cannot play fullscreen right? Also what settings u guys use for watching blu-ray. I watch harry potter and the quality like shot on hd videocam (documentary like). Cinema settings also don't have that cinema quality feel.
 
Last edited:

Raj1969

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Xinmsn videos cannot play fullscreen right? Also what settings u guys use for watching blu-ray. I watch harry potter and the quality like shot on hd videocam (documentary like). Cinema settings also don't have that cinema quality feel.

Agree that the quality look very sharp when using default setting. Got this settings from AVS Forum. Not too bad after doing these setting:

LM6700
Main Screen:
50 - Backlight
86 - Contrast
58 - Brightness
15 - H Sharp
15 - V Sharp
50 - Color
0 - Tint
- Expert:
Off - Dynamic Contrast
Off - Super Res
Standard - Color Gamut
High - Edge Enhancer
Off - Color Filter
N/A - Expert Pattern
2.2 - Gamma
White Balance
Med - Color Temp
2 Points - Method
Outer - Pattern
High - Points
R.G.B. - 0
Color Management System
R.G.B. (select one)
0 - Saturation
0 - Tint
0 - Luminance
- Picture Option
Off - Noise Red.
Off - MPEG Noise Red.
Low - Black Level
N/A - Real Cinema
N/A - Eye Care
Low - LED Local Dimming
 

cslim35

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
2,699
Reaction score
0
Thanks bro! Harry Potter looks less like documentary now...keke

The speaker of the this gen lgtv is very impressive compared to the old models. But the weird thing is after I switch off my lm6700, the orange led at the front of the tv takes sometime to go off. Is that normal?
 
Last edited:

jeuda

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,462
Reaction score
2
Sounds like power decay like normal monitors.

Is it true that GV 3D glasses will work on LG TV? saw that they have kids sizes and clip on too. Cheap at 2.50 and 5 SGD respectively.
 

jeuda

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,462
Reaction score
2
Some additional info that I have gathered so far.

LM 6690 47 only gaincity carry this model
2499 - 300 voucher promo at 2199. Silver bezel.

LM6700 only best denki carry that.

LM7600 HN Carry it, but not best denki.
 

kun1he2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
177
Sounds like power decay like normal monitors.

Is it true that GV 3D glasses will work on LG TV? saw that they have kids sizes and clip on too. Cheap at 2.50 and 5 SGD respectively.

Which GV cinema were you at?

Watched Lorax 3D a couple of months ago and they did not have the kids sizes at all - only supplied adults sizes for the kids. And they only had the clip-on for sale.
 

jeuda

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,462
Reaction score
2
Which GV cinema were you at?

Watched Lorax 3D a couple of months ago and they did not have the kids sizes at all - only supplied adults sizes for the kids. And they only had the clip-on for sale.

It is available on their website. I got news of it when I was purchasing a LG tV.
 

jeuda

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,462
Reaction score
2
3dglassesposter.jpg
 

kun1he2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
177
Aiyoh... That's a super old promo... Called them up to check before, no longer valid.
 

stamina

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,658
Reaction score
19
Has anyone bought the 47 inch LG 6690 or 6700? I saw on the display at one of the shop just now....can see a bit of lagging during motion. Is it because of the usb file they play or is it because of the Motion clarity index of 400mhz? Has anyone experience this?
 

cslim35

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
2,699
Reaction score
0
Has anyone bought the 47 inch LG 6690 or 6700? I saw on the display at one of the shop just now....can see a bit of lagging during motion. Is it because of the usb file they play or is it because of the Motion clarity index of 400mhz? Has anyone experience this?

I have 6700. After disable trumotion, I haven't notice the lagging or blurring.
 

kasahwt

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
I am looking at getting the 55 LM6700. Seems some reviews mention about the non-matte screen being reflective and potential to affect the viewing pleasure. I went to the showroom to take a look and there seems to be some reflectiveness.. Thus asking users of the LM 6700 if the screen has any impact so far to them. Rather new to this thus any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top