[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,410
Reaction score
1,193
Ok I'll try, but I actually rebooted it twice and still same thing. It's like the outlook is started but ? Hidden- cos I can't see anything happening on the screen.

Everyone told me Mac v easy to use, but I'm finding it tough...:s22:

Try this. It may be possible there is already another instance of outlook running for some reason.

1.Exit from the Outlook.
2.Right click on Status bar and select the "Task Manager."
3.You will get a pop up window called Windows Task Manager, select the Processes tab.
4. Under the Processes tab, select the "OUTLOOK.EXE" and click on End Process.
5. Repeat step 4 to end the Multiple Outlook process that are running.
 

zacharylam

Member
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
404
Reaction score
0
Bro, auto correct feature is damn annoying. Is there any button to press to overwrite the autocorrect suggested word? I tried space bar, return, back, all doesn't work

P/s sorry, mine is a iOS keyboard question. Placed wrong thread, but hope any helpful bros can help
 

alpha_kenny1

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
0
Bro, auto correct feature is damn annoying. Is there any button to press to overwrite the autocorrect suggested word? I tried space bar, return, back, all doesn't work

P/s sorry, mine is a iOS keyboard question. Placed wrong thread, but hope any helpful bros can help

Settings/Keyboard/Auto-Correction: OFF
 

Pepsi330ml

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
53,763
Reaction score
0
i understand we use oynx to do maintenance.

there's a menu - maintenance in oynx. den there's script to run.
but mine is empty...no script.
where do we get gd script to run for e maintenace?
 

Icannobif

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
0
I want to buy a Macbook (Air or Pro?) for office use, actually mainly MS Office only.

I've always been a Windows user, I really don't know how to go about asking this question. The thing I want to know is how the transition is like. What will I be missing out from Windows? What are the disadvantages of a Mac over Windows?

This insecure feeling has been keeping me away from a Mac, too comfortable with Windows, you know.
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
I want to buy a Macbook (Air or Pro?) for office use, actually mainly MS Office only.

I've always been a Windows user, I really don't know how to go about asking this question. The thing I want to know is how the transition is like. What will I be missing out from Windows? What are the disadvantages of a Mac over Windows?

This insecure feeling has been keeping me away from a Mac, too comfortable with Windows, you know.

Mac has everything Windows has, except spyware and viruses.
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,610
Reaction score
57
Coming from a windows background, I find that mac os is not as flexible as windows.

Your best bet would be to have a feel and try perform some basic tasks you would usually do on windows, via someone's mac system or a vm.
 

Icannobif

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
0
Coming from a windows background, I find that mac os is not as flexible as windows.

Your best bet would be to have a feel and try perform some basic tasks you would usually do on windows, via someone's mac system or a vm.

You're right. I should try it out.

I'd want it mainly for office applications that were made for Windows. With a MB Pro, I could always use Bootcamp right?
 

precise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
2
Hi. Seeking help to see if it's normal.
I cannot seem to get UOB Internet banking and SingPass login page (CPF / HDB / NS)to work on either Safari or Firefox.

I search HWZ and did not seem to find any helpful info that works on my MBP 2011 with Snow Leopard.

Please advise. Much appreciated
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,056
Reaction score
861
Some qns on iWork
When i use Pages to edit my .doc files, they shows "Save a version" instead of save. Whats that and whats the difference?

If i want to edit the .doc file and save as .doc again, i have to choose "export"?
 

PsYkOoOoO

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
Some qns on iWork
When i use Pages to edit my .doc files, they shows "Save a version" instead of save. Whats that and whats the difference?

If i want to edit the .doc file and save as .doc again, i have to choose "export"?

I think "Save a Version" is a new feature in Lion, whereby your Mac will save various versions of your document automatically without you having to manually save the file. Of course, if you want to manually save the file every once in awhile, you can do so. However, Lion is built in such a way that you don't have to be constantly saving your file from time to time. It's merely a change of words, but the function is essentially the same.

If you want to edit a .doc file, open it into Pages. If you want to save that file as a .doc file, EXPORT as a .doc file accordingly.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top