[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

faruk55

Master Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
0
is your Win 7 firewall turned off or tried AV program disabled and then try again?
 

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,353
Reaction score
135
After messing around a bit, I can see and transfer files to my MBP from my Win7 machine.
 

IamWIA

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
I need a mouse for my mbp. Should I get a very expensive magic mouse? Or a cheap $15 buck logitech mouse?
I'd watched youtube for the magic mouse features. Just want to hear some personal opinions from the ground :)
 

annen11

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
I need a mouse for my mbp. Should I get a very expensive magic mouse? Or a cheap $15 buck logitech mouse?
I'd watched youtube for the magic mouse features. Just want to hear some personal opinions from the ground :)

magic mouse profile v low, not comfortable for extended use.. are u gg to use the gestures on MM?
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,056
Reaction score
861
I need a mouse for my mbp. Should I get a very expensive magic mouse? Or a cheap $15 buck logitech mouse?
I'd watched youtube for the magic mouse features. Just want to hear some personal opinions from the ground :)
personally i don't see a need for mouse on MBP for casual use like web surfing and general usage. the trackpad and multi-gesture is damn good already

unless you play those shooting games, then yes, you need a mouse with the right click etc
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,410
Reaction score
1,193
I need a mouse for my mbp. Should I get a very expensive magic mouse? Or a cheap $15 buck logitech mouse?
I'd watched youtube for the magic mouse features. Just want to hear some personal opinions from the ground :)

Personally, I find that the magic mouse sucks. Stick with any cheapo mouse you can find, it will feel much more comfortable.
 

IamWIA

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
personally i don't see a need for mouse on MBP for casual use like web surfing and general usage. the trackpad and multi-gesture is damn good already

unless you play those shooting games, then yes, you need a mouse with the right click etc

u're right. i was hooked to mac mostly due to the multi gestures.
but nowadays windows has them too rite? but haven't had e chance to test any yet.

anyway, bk to topic, i use it for my programming work. so its pretty much faster, i guess, to use a mouse to select drag to select the codes.

magic mouse profile v low, not comfortable for extended use.. are u gg to use the gestures on MM?

hmm...that's where i'm not sure.
but i guess i'll got with a cheapo mouse first and c if i need the multi gestures on e mouse.

Personally, I find that the magic mouse sucks. Stick with any cheapo mouse you can find, it will feel much more comfortable.

sure. i'll try a cheapo mouse 1st. thanks.
 

EEXOOO

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
7,250
Reaction score
0
The Magic Mouse is one of the lousiest mouse ever.
Uncomfortable, gestures are on a 75% hit rate and with the price you could get much better mouse.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,481
Reaction score
11
The Magic Mouse is one of the lousiest mouse ever.
Uncomfortable, gestures are on a 75% hit rate and with the price you could get much better mouse.

Agreed , actually what I feel bad about this magic mouse is the connection problems~

this problem already happen many years back lol

like mad mad one lor ~ sometime connection is good sometime will lost connection and reconnect again.

anyway I like the way you scroll the mouse

tracking wise even you put to fastest ...you will feel like "not fast"

Some bros do recommand a software I forgot what name to make the tracking more fasters
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,410
Reaction score
1,193
To me, the magic mouse is just too big and feels awkward in my hand, and I am 6 ft tall with fairly large palms. Currently using trackpad, which is much more convenient (but also quite costly), switch back to my old logitech mouse when I want to play starcraft. I guess this is one area where Apple was different just for the sake of being different and it didn't quite pan out. :s22:
 

skipper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,198
Reaction score
0
Agreed , actually what I feel bad about this magic mouse is the connection problems~

this problem already happen many years back lol

like mad mad one lor ~ sometime connection is good sometime will lost connection and reconnect again.

anyway I like the way you scroll the mouse

tracking wise even you put to fastest ...you will feel like "not fast"

Some bros do recommand a software I forgot what name to make the tracking more fasters

tracking for Magic Mouse is resolved in Lion just in case you don't know.
 

TheV

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
875
Reaction score
12
Hi Guys,

I have a Mac Book Pro which is still under its first year warranty. Unfortunately, I accidentally spilled some milk on the keyboard and caused a couple of the keys not working now.

Can I just walk in to Eserve or Supura in Funan to get it fix? Or it will void the warranty and better to get third parties repair shop to get it fix?

Thanks
 

skipper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,198
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I have a Mac Book Pro which is still under its first year warranty. Unfortunately, I accidentally spilled some milk on the keyboard and caused a couple of the keys not working now.

Can I just walk in to Eserve or Supura in Funan to get it fix? Or it will void the warranty and better to get third parties repair shop to get it fix?

Thanks

warranty void when liquid enters the Macbook Pro.
 

chinesepunk123

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
hey guys,

would appreciate any help.

i can't seem to view images on my safari.

i recently changed my settings on torrent, and suddenly i can't even load images.
I've tried all the usual things, e.g. reset safari, clear cache, disable firewall, using google chrome.
yet i still can't see images.

i tried googling for help, but it seems like theres no definitive answer. some suggested that it was the router that had problems, but I've already disabled the firewall settings on the router.

any one has had such a problem before?
 

IamWIA

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
u're right. i was hooked to mac mostly due to the multi gestures.
but nowadays windows has them too rite? but haven't had e chance to test any yet.

anyway, bk to topic, i use it for my programming work. so its pretty much faster, i guess, to use a mouse to select drag to select the codes.


hmm...that's where i'm not sure.
but i guess i'll got with a cheapo mouse first and c if i need the multi gestures on e mouse.

sure. i'll try a cheapo mouse 1st. thanks.

ok..i tired cheapo mouse. works juz fine. intuitive. feels at home right away. only thing is i have to turn off natural scrolling (coz i don't want to confuse myself with a win7 scroll and a mac).

took me some time to get used to it. now i have to get used to it being off again :S other than that its juz fine.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top