[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Thank bro!
-snip-

btw, possible to sync 2 calendar ie home and work calendar?

home and work means there are 2 different contents. are you asking about a merge or just seeing them side by side?

if merge, my suggestion is just to pick and post all events on 1 calendar. save yourself the trouble.

if side by side, just add the home calendar and work calendar accounts to the same device, you should be able to see them side by side, on iPhone, can pick colours to differentiate them.
 

iCubes

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
4,768
Reaction score
1,338
1) do nothing
2) add office outlook exchange account and you will see email, calendar contacts on your phone, ala gmail.

3) i believe should be same as 2 but I have no experience on exchange accounts on android.

do everything via exchange accounts and everything will be synced. do not go through a 3rd party like gmail as you will have to double sync everything.

i'm assuming your office uses exchange for outlook.

I use gmail to sync my contacts with my iPhone/Blackberry/Mac/Samsung and I don't have to 'double sync' everything.
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
I use gmail to sync my contacts with my iPhone/Blackberry/Mac/Samsung and I don't have to 'double sync' everything.

i'm assuming he is using exchange for his contacts.

which means exchange sync to gmail then sync to his devices if you use gmail.
 

Drchinchilla

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Anybody can help me to figure out my MacBook Air has no sounds coming out.. there is no internal speakers detected.. help pls..?
 

kimsim

Suspended
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
1,689
Reaction score
1
Anybody can help me to figure out my MacBook Air has no sounds coming out.. there is no internal speakers detected.. help pls..?

what's your year and edition? early before 2011 model?

meant that volume bar can't function right?

or after installed mavericks has few boots already?

cause mine early 2011 MBP is face the same issue..
after clean and installed to lion X has been solved.
 

Drchinchilla

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
what's your year and edition? early before 2011 model?

meant that volume bar can't function right?

or after installed mavericks has few boots already?

cause mine early 2011 MBP is face the same issue..
after clean and installed to lion X has been solved.
early 2011 model.. yes.. after update lost the sound n the sound bar, is not working at all and it seems to be on mute
 

techrike

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
385
Reaction score
0
hi anyone know how to solve the internet recovery problem on mac? it seems that mine is unable to connect to internet to do revovery.

the internet recovery will not start. it will hang at the world rotating screen then show apple.com/supprt.

is there anyway to have it connect to internet?
 
Last edited:

axiong

Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
257
Reaction score
5
Hi, Would like to check if the Mac Mini natively support 1920x1200 (Hanns.G HG281) resolution via HDMI ?
 

weird

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,747
Reaction score
0
any app to recommend for the following requirements?

1. App that can use/ sync across iOS/ Android
2. For note taking app to replace traditional Pen/ Paper
3. Able to search features within the handwriting
4. Free (if possible)

Basically is for note taking during lectures, meetings, project status and able to sync across iOS (iPhone) and Android (Samsung note 8).
In future able to search for eg keywords in those notes that I handwritten in the past.
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,407
Reaction score
1,191
any app to recommend for the following requirements?

1. App that can use/ sync across iOS/ Android
2. For note taking app to replace traditional Pen/ Paper
3. Able to search features within the handwriting
4. Free (if possible)

Basically is for note taking during lectures, meetings, project status and able to sync across iOS (iPhone) and Android (Samsung note 8).
In future able to search for eg keywords in those notes that I handwritten in the past.

Try the Evernote app?
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,407
Reaction score
1,191
Evernote can do searching of handwriting also ah? :)

It should be possible, though I have never tried it. I know that if I upload scanned copies of documents, evernote can perform OCR search to locate text in those scanned texts.

The app is free, so why not download it and play around with it? :)
 

weird

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,747
Reaction score
0
It should be possible, though I have never tried it. I know that if I upload scanned copies of documents, evernote can perform OCR search to locate text in those scanned texts.

The app is free, so why not download it and play around with it? :)

cos i haven buy samsung note 8 yet. hahaha
i want to try the handwriting and then search the contest see if it works
 

Little_Ambitions

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
hi anyone know how to solve the internet recovery problem on mac? it seems that mine is unable to connect to internet to do revovery.

the internet recovery will not start. it will hang at the world rotating screen then show apple.com/supprt.

is there anyway to have it connect to internet?

After you boot into internet recovery mode, check the fan-like logo near the top-right, make sure your airport wi-fi is connected to a working internet connection.

If that still doesn't work well, another alternative will be to use a USB stick recovery.

arstechnica.com/apple/2012/07/how-to-create-a-bootable-backup-mountain-lion-install-disk/
 

Little_Ambitions

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hi guys I'm facing a problem. I have a 4 years old MacBook Pro which has a broken display screen so I'm using an external monitor for it as a desk stop. Hand itchy so went to download mavericks to update the os and now I'm stuck with the grey screen of death. Read online and tried all the steps nth seems to work. Tried to restore the OS X via insert of the restore disk but I only see the default purple wall paper on my external monitor after holding done C when I restart. Anyone is able to help solve this so I can restore the OS., help pls thanks.

Hello, good news for you, if your external monitor is displaying the default purple wallpaper, snow leopard has already been installed successfully. Your external monitor is showing a extended view, which means if you keep swiping your cursor to the left, you'll see your cursor appear on your external monitor.

After you see your cursor, click "option+F1" ---> gather window ---> Arrangement ---> tick mirror displays.

Now you're done :s13:
 

Little_Ambitions

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Anybody can help me to figure out my MacBook Air has no sounds coming out.. there is no internal speakers detected.. help pls..?

It might be, your macbook air is stucked in headphones mode.

try poking in and out(multiple times) your headphone hole with any earphone. until it switch back to default speaker mode :)

alternative method is to use a external speaker.
 

weird

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,747
Reaction score
0
Anyone here using AirPort Extreme?

I'm trying to do the following setup but unable to get it
M1 Fibre ONT -> Huawei (m1 default wireless router) -> APE (extend network) -> various devices

1. I cannot find my APE in the AirPort utility app (iOS).
2. Under iPhone5s wifi setting, i saw this AirPort setup. I clicked inside and pick the add to existing network. Next. Then error "an unexpected error occurred. Please try again".

how like that? any tips?
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Anyone here using AirPort Extreme?

I'm trying to do the following setup but unable to get it
M1 Fibre ONT -> Huawei (m1 default wireless router) -> APE (extend network) -> various devices

1. I cannot find my APE in the AirPort utility app (iOS).
2. Under iPhone5s wifi setting, i saw this AirPort setup. I clicked inside and pick the add to existing network. Next. Then error "an unexpected error occurred. Please try again".

how like that? any tips?

did you disable DHCP on APE?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top