[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

drsubaru

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
611
Reaction score
0
yes it does, provided you are running a later mac os and an updated thunderbolt driver.

http://www.apple.com/sg/shop/product/MD463ZM/A/thunderbolt-to-gigabit-ethernet-adapter?fnode=8b

Thank you.

I have a MBA 2011, on MacSierra
I think I should have the updated Thunderbolt driver, just updated.

But somehow or rather the Thunderbird-Gigabit adapter does not get detected when I plug in the LAN cable.

No problem with using it on my MBA 2016.

The MBA 2011 thunderbolt should be working? As I tried plugging in a Thunderbolt to HDMI to my TV and I can projected my MBA 2011 Screen to the TV
 

hsNg_90

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
2,516
Reaction score
2
pardon the ignorance but would a macbook pro/air be able to sustain playing fm 2017?

I mean since you cant take out the battery, worry that continuous 2-3 hours playing would result in overheating...
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
:s11:
how to disable that appearance stuff

How to explain.....

hmm....you see while surfing net on safari , you scroll will see " transparent image " behind "

I don;t know what that option

I remember can disable it hope u all know what I mean here.
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,478
Reaction score
3,162
pardon the ignorance but would a macbook pro/air be able to sustain playing fm 2017?

I mean since you cant take out the battery, worry that continuous 2-3 hours playing would result in overheating...

what r e spec requirements for fm2017?
 

hsNg_90

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
2,516
Reaction score
2
what r e spec requirements for fm2017?

MINIMUM:
OS: 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5, 10.10.5, 10.11.6, 10.12 – 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 – 1.8 GHz +
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel GMA X3100, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 – 256MB VRAM
Storage: 3 GB available space
 

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Messages
7,030
Reaction score
5
anybody tried self upgrade iMac had to ssd? recommended?

dunno why the iMac speed getting slower
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
anybody tried self upgrade iMac had to ssd? recommended?

dunno why the iMac speed getting slower

best is to state the year also, cos different iMac in different years got a lot of different restriction.

iMac getting slow doesn't mean the hdd is slow, can be your ram, your junk files etc.

i'm using macbook pro for 2 years plus, on sierra and it hasn't lagged at all since purchase. the hint here is to regularly do maintenance..
 

clarisocean

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hello expert here
May I know how to transfer WhatsApp/line/SMS
Message to computer
Hope to receive your guidance here
Thank you very much
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Hi there

I am trying to upgrade my MacBook Air from os Yosimeti to os EI captain from a bootable usb.

I deleted the os Yosemite using disk utility but cannot install os EI captain now as the bootable usb is somehow corrupt.

Now I can't boot up my Mac as there is no os.

Can anyone tell me what should I do?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi there

I am trying to upgrade my MacBook Air from os Yosimeti to os EI captain from a bootable usb.

I deleted the os Yosemite using disk utility but cannot install os EI captain now as the bootable usb is somehow corrupt.

Now I can't boot up my Mac as there is no os.

Can anyone tell me what should I do?

find another bootable disk lor.. you are not supposed to delete yosemite first because right now you already ruined the internet recovery utility... :(
 

Extremme

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
3,331
Reaction score
43
Guys, I have a MAC and an iphone. In terms of syncing with itunes, its works well. I intend to buy Ipad Pro. Will there be conflict if I plug in my ipad pro to sync with my mac under the same itune account?
 

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Messages
7,030
Reaction score
5
best is to state the year also, cos different iMac in different years got a lot of different restriction.

iMac getting slow doesn't mean the hdd is slow, can be your ram, your junk files etc.

i'm using macbook pro for 2 years plus, on sierra and it hasn't lagged at all since purchase. the hint here is to regularly do maintenance..

mine was a iMac 27" mid 2010.

thinking of upgrading to SSD instead of up the RAM. currently at 6gb.

from youtube instruction.. seem like need need special tools.

i'm still at el captain and thinking should i upgrade to serria
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
mine was a iMac 27" mid 2010.

thinking of upgrading to SSD instead of up the RAM. currently at 6gb.

from youtube instruction.. seem like need need special tools.

i'm still at el captain and thinking should i upgrade to serria

mine was 21inch think same like yours 2010 or 2011.

i do update to serria, so far I should say " Ok " lag wise I does encounter I don't know especially on face book website , it seem drain a lot memories.

next my mail weird , now i scroll the email , the titles of the mails seem flicker as I scroll can feel lag.

I have to close my mail and open again than ok liao.

perhaps due to my 4 g ram ba I also don't know. I just cross my fingers still can use and do my work.

lo in fact I hate upgrade computer .

if I go buy a new i mac also need another space to put than my old iMac how?
perhaps use till it dead than change ba.
 

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Messages
7,030
Reaction score
5
mine was 21inch think same like yours 2010 or 2011.

i do update to serria, so far I should say " Ok " lag wise I does encounter I don't know especially on face book website , it seem drain a lot memories.

next my mail weird , now i scroll the email , the titles of the mails seem flicker as I scroll can feel lag.

I have to close my mail and open again than ok liao.

perhaps due to my 4 g ram ba I also don't know. I just cross my fingers still can use and do my work.

lo in fact I hate upgrade computer .

if I go buy a new i mac also need another space to put than my old iMac how?
perhaps use till it dead than change ba.

was afraid of lagging issue thats why stop me from upgrading to serria :s13:

using that iMac for surfing net only. hopefully can last.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top