[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,225
Reaction score
320
Help!
My 13" MBA 2011 got a vertical line of bright pixel from top to bottom near the right side of the screen.
Its still under warranty.
Where should I send to for repair?
Do I need to pay?
Also how long will it take?

Thank you.

Send it in
As long as it's under warranty and there are no sighs of physical damage. It will be free
 

nsguru

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
6,717
Reaction score
1
Hi petpet, may I know which service center to go to cos I new.
The Apple HQ at AMK or eserv?
Must email or call them before going down, or just walk-in can liao?
I bought from nubox last time.
Thanks :)
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,225
Reaction score
320
Hi petpet, may I know which service center to go to cos I new.
The Apple HQ at AMK or eserv?
Must email or call them before going down, or just walk-in can liao?
I bought from nubox last time.
Thanks :)

Walk in.
I personally recommend eServ.

Head Office said:
Head office / eServ @ Ubi
8 Ubi Road 2,
#08-20, Zervex Building
Singapore 408538

Store Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Sat, Sun & PH: Closed

Wheelock said:
eServ @ Wheelock
501 Orchard Road
#02-20/23, Wheelock Place
Singapore 238880

Store Opening Hours:
Sun-Thurs: 11.00am to 9.00pm
Fri & Sat: 11.00am to 10.00pm

Somerset said:
eServ @ Somerset
313 Orchard Road,
#B3-22, 313@Somerset
Singapore 238895

Store Opening Hours:
Mon-Sun: 11.00am to 9.00pm

http://www.eserv.com.sg/Contact Us.html
 

Myselin

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Guys wanna ask, if buying MBPr from store like HN or challenger they got something like discount on apple care products. Does this mean the apple care protection plan? or what? thanks!
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,225
Reaction score
320
Guys wanna ask, if buying MBPr from store like HN or challenger they got something like discount on apple care products. Does this mean the apple care protection plan? or what? thanks!

You'll need to verify with them if the warranty would be cover directly by Apple or some third parties.

Make sure it's covered by Apple, less hassle
 

ctchng

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
475
Reaction score
0
Managed to solve the problem by resetting my RT-N66U

Dear guru,

I tried to search the thread but got nil return...
I've recently encountered the "Thunderbolt Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet" problem." I'm not sure when this happens as I don't usually connect via Thunderbolt. The last time when it works fine was before I upgrade to Mavericks (when it launch) and factory reset my Asus RT-N66U (yesterday when singtel came to my place to check my ONT).

Had tried the solutions posted in the net but none works for me. Anyone has this problem and managed to solve it?

TIA
 
Last edited:

baineteo

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Hi gurus,

I'm planning to get a mbp (non-retina) and then upgrade the RAM and swop the superdrive with an SSD. However, after looking around the internet, I realized that most manufacturers only certify their RAMs until the 2012 models (obviously, since the 2013 model is so new). I'm guessing that those RAMs that work on the 2012 models should work on the 2013 models too right? I'm looking at getting 2 sticks of 1600 CL9.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks :)
 

iCubes

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
1,341
Hi gurus,

I'm planning to get a mbp (non-retina) and then upgrade the RAM and swop the superdrive with an SSD. However, after looking around the internet, I realized that most manufacturers only certify their RAMs until the 2012 models (obviously, since the 2013 model is so new). I'm guessing that those RAMs that work on the 2012 models should work on the 2013 models too right? I'm looking at getting 2 sticks of 1600 CL9.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks :)

Memory and Storage upgrades for Apple computer systems.
 

mgumpy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
hi guru, i just bought a rmbp. i like to know what type of mouse is compactible with the mbp? can i just get any mouse?
 

InSpy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am facing an issue with my Samsung External DVD Writer SE-208. The drive doesn't seems to work when i plugged it into my mac 27inch 2013 series. It even hang my mac and my sidebar in "Finder" went empty. However, this drive works on a PC. Anyone can help?
 

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2000
Messages
66,438
Reaction score
2
anyone has this issue on mavericks? After my mbp goes to sleep and I unsleep it, I am unable to use my touchpad gestures to swipe between desktops and launchpad
 

mgumpy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
hi guru, i am new to mac os. how to i cut and paste files in the finder window? the cut and paste command seems to be disabled. e.g. i use command x and command v but has no effect.
 

Sonic76

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
643
Reaction score
0
Any bros can recommend a free software that works similar to ACDSee ?

After i have upgraded to Maverick OS the ACDSee software installed on my iMac no longer works, whenever i runs the program it does not shows anything for a very long time.

Does it has anything to do with my ram installed? Currently is running on 8gb rams.

Thanks in advance.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top