[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

simonscs

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
0
download dmg file and burn to usb

seems like ml is not available in app store on my rmbp. How do i get the ml file to restore the mba? I have purchase the the Lion os last time and its available in my app store purchase tab, can i use that to install and upgrade to ml from there? My mba is the 2013 has well model.
 
Last edited:

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
seems like ml is not available in app store on my rmbp. How do i get the ml file to restore the mba? I have purchase the the Lion os last time and its available in my app store purchase tab, can i use that to install and upgrade to ml from there? My mba is the 2013 has well model.

mavericks is free, don't want that?

anyway, go to App Store, hold down Option key and click on Mountain Lion purchase button to download the dmg.

your mba 2013 comes default with ML right? it should be shown in your purchase tab
 

simonscs

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
0
mavericks is free, don't want that?

anyway, go to App Store, hold down Option key and click on Mountain Lion purchase button to download the dmg.

your mba 2013 comes default with ML right? it should be shown in your purchase tab

I have already erase the os partition of the mba, don't have access to app store. Yes the mba comes default with ml.

On my rmbp, i can't download maverick. it prompt this is not available for your machine. :(

Was on live chat with apple last night, but the steps they advised are blocked by singnet proxy.
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
I have already erase the os partition of the mba, don't have access to app store. Yes the mba comes default with ml.

On my rmbp, i can't download maverick. it prompt this is not available for your machine. :(

Was on live chat with apple last night, but the steps they advised are blocked by singnet proxy.

you can try your luck, see anyone post the dmg file on torrents?

no time machine?
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
115,024
Reaction score
16,741
can i output starhub box to my iMac n record the shows on my mac? :s11: got so advance bor?
 

NewRules

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I've having some problems with my magic mouse. The arrow doesn't move. I replaced new batteries and clean the mouse but it still doesn't work. I can click and scroll up and down though. Anyone had the same issues before?
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
115,024
Reaction score
16,741
Hi all, I've having some problems with my magic mouse. The arrow doesn't move. I replaced new batteries and clean the mouse but it still doesn't work. I can click and scroll up and down though. Anyone had the same issues before?

try on another system? if cannot means spoil liao
within warranty just bring down to service centre n get it changed
but sometimes magic mouse stock v low also. need to come back. so i suggest call up (if they pick up call) n then frm there see go which outlet exchanged. only the ones at wheelock , 313 the co will be able to do exchange on the spot if they have stock. another co (can't rem the name now) is put there, wait for new stock comes n exchanged.

i actually changed mine because of the button issue, the old one i have is longer metal part so i can off/on easily but new sets r shorter on/off button. managed to finally get one i like at 313. the only 1 also. (btw orchard now dengue red alert)
 
Last edited:

NewRules

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
0
try on another system? if cannot means spoil liao
within warranty just bring down to service centre n get it changed
but sometimes magic mouse stock v low also. need to come back. so i suggest call up (if they pick up call) n then frm there see go which outlet exchanged. only the ones at wheelock , 313 the co will be able to do exchange on the spot if they have stock. another co (can't rem the name now) is put there, wait for new stock comes n exchanged.

i actually changed mine because of the button issue, the old one i have is longer metal part so i can off/on easily but new sets r shorter on/off button. managed to finally get one i like at 313. the only 1 also. (btw orchard now dengue red alert)

Can't move the cursor. Guess the lens is spoiled. But I didn't even drop it. :(
My other USB mouse also spoil at the same time, keeps double clicking.
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
115,024
Reaction score
16,741
Can't move the cursor. Guess the lens is spoiled. But I didn't even drop it. :(
My other USB mouse also spoil at the same time, keeps double clicking.

mine drop few x also no issues just a bit lagging but its been like that since day 1 but lazy to change (previous iMac) until applecare wana finish quickly go exchange

now have new iMac n mouse liaoz. i bought the rechargeable battery set. think also sold on apple sites. not bad u con consider else always change battery also v sianz
 

iCubes

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
4,767
Reaction score
1,338
EyeTV HD is designed for use in the USA and Canada only.

u tried in SG? can watch n record starhub catch up channels?

I used to see this selling in the local apple stores. The technology behind the device is quite universal actually, it converts the signal into digital which is then displayed on the computer. I'm using Slingbox with Starhub currently, it works the same way but its intended for remote viewing.
 

NewRules

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
0
mine drop few x also no issues just a bit lagging but its been like that since day 1 but lazy to change (previous iMac) until applecare wana finish quickly go exchange

now have new iMac n mouse liaoz. i bought the rechargeable battery set. think also sold on apple sites. not bad u con consider else always change battery also v sianz

I bought the rechargeable batteries as well. Sometimes hard to charge, have to pluck in and out a few times:s22:
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
115,024
Reaction score
16,741
I bought the rechargeable batteries as well. Sometimes hard to charge, have to pluck in and out a few times:s22:

i ve one more extra battery (its just like removing the cover with the batteries sticking by the side. take out together) but also need to pluck in n out. i don't like to let it charge overnight :s13:
 

kwok0037

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
Mac Wireless Keyboard pairing request

I have a question to ask about apple wireless keyboard.
I am able to detect my wireless keyboard (discoverable mode) in my bluetooth icon but whenever I tried typing the keys upon pairing request, nothing shows up (no response).
I notice the green light had double blinks each time the green light flashes.
Batteries were new.
I bought this keyboard not long ago and I hope it's not faulty.

Does anyone face the same problem as me or is it a common issues face by people using apple wireless keyboards? Thanks!


attachment.php
 

nakamoto

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
0
crucial M500 or samsung 840/ 840 evo will be a better buy ? compatible with early 2011 mbp?

do i need to enable trim on these ssd?
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
115,024
Reaction score
16,741
I have a question to ask about apple wireless keyboard.
I am able to detect my wireless keyboard (discoverable mode) in my bluetooth icon but whenever I tried typing the keys upon pairing request, nothing shows up (no response).
I notice the green light had double blinks each time the green light flashes.
Batteries were new.
I bought this keyboard not long ago and I hope it's not faulty.

Does anyone face the same problem as me or is it a common issues face by people using apple wireless keyboards? Thanks!


attachment.php

weird never come to this before
so what u see is no keyboard at all? just happened when u tried to add one?
 
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I got a 2010 MBP that refuses to boot . Meaning when I press power button, the white light is there but it just doesn't show the boot screen. Then it will have some hardware noise and start to boot but keep fail cycle repeat.. it's not the power problem..charger/battery it still doesn't work. Anyone can help?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top