[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

allykay

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Airdrop from Macbook to iPhone? Even though I turn on the Bluetooth and set to "Everyone", it still cannot detect my iPhone. Tried restarting a few times also but still cannot. But if I Airdrop from my phone to macbook is ok...
 

bluebellas

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
149
Reaction score
26
last month my MacBook Air would not charge with the adapter plugged in. So I bought a new adapter at Nubox. They used an existing adapter to prove that my macbook cld charge (green light came on). Back home I noted that thou the light was on, the screen showed "not charging". I checked the battery level and noted it had increased. It's been 2 weeks. Stimes can charge stimes can't. Do you reckon my macbook has reached its end of life. Btw, battery condition is normal.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
last month my MacBook Air would not charge with the adapter plugged in. So I bought a new adapter at Nubox. They used an existing adapter to prove that my macbook cld charge (green light came on). Back home I noted that thou the light was on, the screen showed "not charging". I checked the battery level and noted it had increased. It's been 2 weeks. Stimes can charge stimes can't. Do you reckon my macbook has reached its end of life. Btw, battery condition is normal.

Have u reset the smc?
 

Doritoss

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Mhm....that's an interesting question. I've had to return several apple products within their stores in United States, and most of the time they insist that as long as your product is intact and what it should look like, they don't really care about the box's condition. My cat chewed up one of my Macbook cord's boxes and they still didn't hold anything.
 

Kennethzzz

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I'm having problem mounting a NTFS hdd on my iMac, does anyone know why?

I'm aware that iMac does not support the NTFS format. Previously when I plug in my NTFS hdd, it was able to mount the hdd and the drive would appear on the desktop. I am able to read the drive but unable to write it, which is perfectly fine.

The problem occurs when I finally needed to write from my iMac to the hdd, so I downloaded the Seagate paragon and dashboard software which were suppose to allow a Mac to write on hdd. However after the installation, everything went haywire and the hdd would not even mount. Deleting the seagate software would not help.

Anyone know how I can get my iMac to mount back the NTFS hdd?

I'm on El Capitan 10.11.2.
 

yeswecan

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
74
Hello guys. My Startup disk cannot be found and I read that it may be the HD Cable issue. Any idea where can I get the cable? I'm a student and all my assignment are in it. I need to fix it asap..
 

MrMundy

Master Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
26
Hello guys. My Startup disk cannot be found and I read that it may be the HD Cable issue. Any idea where can I get the cable? I'm a student and all my assignment are in it. I need to fix it asap..

u can open up the mac and take out the hdd and get a caddy to retrieve the data if u want asap.. fixing wise think u have to bring ur mac to shop for repair...
 

Xeniel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
7,347
Reaction score
955
Hi guys,
How to cleaning the Macbook aluminium body from Newspaper ink stains, Oil, dirt.....?

I know this sounds kinda silly but it kinda tough getting rid of those stubborn stains.

Any suggestions, tricks, tips beside "magic" water with soap?

TIA

I just discovered recently. Use melamine sponge from Daiso plus rubbing alcohol from pharmacy = as good as day one
 

xboxSiao

Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I got two questions to ask hope able to find answer here

Story came this way:
My sister drop my MacBook Pro!!!! And couldn't on my MacBook Pro after that, then I went to apple to have my MacBook checked ( but I never tell them is dropped then become like that). And they told me my main pcb board spoil and quoted me $700++ to fix it.. I was like OMGGGGGGG!

1) my MacBook still under warranty, is not coverage??

2) if really warranty doesn't cover, any lobangs shops I can get it fix at cheaper rate??

Thank you in advance!!
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
physical damages very easy to tell, shouldn't be covered.

no, the mainboard is usually the most expensive.
 

hellhole

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2001
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
619
anyone update an older (2011/2013) macbook pro to el capitan and have problem with the SD card...

is it possible to do some reset on hardware? i have one usb port working properly, the other one just charges stuff but not able to read thumb drives...
 

M_16

Master Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2000
Messages
3,375
Reaction score
23
Any reliable shops to recommend for battery replacement?

My mid-2011 13" MBA has this service battery warning. Charge cycle is 100+ only...
 

urameshi_85

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
658
Reaction score
0
Had a 2nd hand MacBook Pro for 2 years. Around 3-4 months did not switch on now when I swim on the date was reset back to 2008 and the charger was at green. Battery was not charging. Condition: replace now. There was a 5 times white blinking light when I switched it on. Is the battery gone?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top