Macross / Robotech lovers

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
zerozerozero> Ya I check with my usual shops. They werent even informed about the model. sheesh.

royforker> Lol, I spent $$$ to build the display cupboard just to display my macross models. u think leh.

Seriously, they died off with Macross for so long, the revival suddenly is hitting my wallet hard...
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
ah .. but u complain no space what. I cant be bother to display them .. just junk all of my macross in the shelf. hahah
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
One of the major deterrence from buying is indeed display space. Haha. Every time i pick up something, i will remember i have no space for it, i put it back and continue. hahaha.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
true .. space is one major concern here. the purpose of buying toys is not just simple playing but show case. :D
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
lol. it just means that we have hit the limit of our wallet (soon)? I am thinking of invading my wife's shelvings soon. Muahahaha.

But its kinda surprising to see a revival of Macross in Frontier. Cause it wasnt that popular still in Zero also.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
hahaha .. whats the successful rate of invading ur wife's shelving? Not sure what will be the next macross after Frontier? Seem like Frontier is the "combination" off all macross series -starting from macross, macross plus, macross zero, macross 7
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
The gap between the last Macross release and Macross F is quite big actually. During this time, the internet made it quite easy for people to have access to anime; people sharing, people subbing the shares etc. More people get to watch, so greater popularity. I am one of those cases. Macross F is the first Macross series i watched. After that, i went to watch the rest starting from the first Macross TV series. haha.

And yea, macross F does seem to have a bit of everything. Songs from macross tv series, ghosts from macross plus, monsters like macross zero, vf 17 from macross 7 and things.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
yup, now Macross F is going thru some spin off. Hope there will be another macross series .... maybe something like what Gundam is doing, hahaha almost yearly there is a new series :p
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
More of something like DYRL to SDF Macross. I wish gundam released series that frequently. And not those OVAs with like (or feels like) half a year between each episode and only 3 episodes I'm talk about you, unicorn. Yes, you. heh.

A new series for macross would be great too. But no news at all. :(
 

edwincheng

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

just noticed this thread. I also like the Macross/Robotech Series.

I think I still old timer. I still prefer the original Macross/Robotech series. That is where my collection is focused at too. I collect vintage series but reissues of vintage also acceptable for me.

Sorry guys, my post too low to post pictures. I can only verbal say my collection have
01) Zentradi Officer Pod (Exo Squard Series)
02) Zentradi battle Pod (Exo Squard Series)
03) Hover Tank (Exo Squard Series)
04) Macross/SDF1 (Matchbox)
05) Mospeada Cyclone bike (Gakken)
06) Alpha Fighter (Gakken)
07) Invid Tropper (Exo Squard Series)
08) Invid Scout (Exo Squard Series)
09) VF1J (Bandai)

These are the display ones. I do have some which are boxed in my storeroom for viewing the box art.
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Lol

Cant remember who was it, but someone would have corrected you and tell u that most of your collections are Robotech, not Macross (like I reali distinct that much).

I like the old series a lot also, but besides the small plastic model (that is falling to bits) that is the SDF-1 in the actual series, my bigger (better) model is that movie ver (aka the arms are the armour ships). Still cant find the actual model that I wan thou...

Maybe they hired a new production team in Macross, that's y the sudden revival! LOL.
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
Lol

Cant remember who was it, but someone would have corrected you and tell u that most of your collections are Robotech, not Macross (like I reali distinct that much).

I like the old series a lot also, but besides the small plastic model (that is falling to bits) that is the SDF-1 in the actual series, my bigger (better) model is that movie ver (aka the arms are the armour ships). Still cant find the actual model that I wan thou...

Maybe they hired a new production team in Macross, that's y the sudden revival! LOL.

That was me. :)

Hi all,

just noticed this thread. I also like the Macross/Robotech Series.

I think I still old timer. I still prefer the original Macross/Robotech series. That is where my collection is focused at too. I collect vintage series but reissues of vintage also acceptable for me.

Sorry guys, my post too low to post pictures. I can only verbal say my collection have
01) Zentradi Officer Pod (Exo Squard Series)
02) Zentradi battle Pod (Exo Squard Series)
03) Hover Tank (Exo Squard Series)
04) Macross/SDF1 (Matchbox)
05) Mospeada Cyclone bike (Gakken)
06) Alpha Fighter (Gakken)
07) Invid Tropper (Exo Squard Series)
08) Invid Scout (Exo Squard Series)
09) VF1J (Bandai)

These are the display ones. I do have some which are boxed in my storeroom for viewing the box art.

Yea, check out the first 4 posts of the thread. I had a little discussion with Augz there regarding how Macross and Robotech are similar but not the same. And from your collection, it seems that you like Robotech.

There's nothing wrong with liking robotech, nor am i trying to make this a macross only thread. Just mentioning they are not the same.

Will you be getting the recently released SDF-1 from Yamato? it is teh awesome. Though price is crazy too. =( it's some $550+++?

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00211
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Its big, its look seriously good and the price tag was impressive EXPENSIVE. If it come out the TV series version, it would gladly buy it but too bad its the movie edition, which i got the WAVE version lao. :p
 

edwincheng

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Yea, check out the first 4 posts of the thread. I had a little discussion with Augz there regarding how Macross and Robotech are similar but not the same. And from your collection, it seems that you like Robotech.

There's nothing wrong with liking robotech, nor am i trying to make this a macross only thread. Just mentioning they are not the same.

Will you be getting the recently released SDF-1 from Yamato? it is teh awesome. Though price is crazy too. =( it's some $550+++?


I pass that. I prefer the TV series version over the movie one. Can't say why, just this feeling. Also, no space sia... Cause I not only collected Macross/Robotech but also many other stuffs. Thought Macross/Robotech forms a small part of my collection but it is one of the two toy cartoon/toy lines that gave me most childhood memories. Here is my display collection link.

//s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/edwinckk1977/Toy%20Collection/

I know that both Macross and Robotech are different. I did watch both. But it is these vintage 80s toys that I played and cherish most. Unfortunately non of those in my collection are my childhood toys. When the VF19 came out, I'm past my toy playing years. :look:
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
I pass that. I prefer the TV series version over the movie one. Can't say why, just this feeling. Also, no space sia... Cause I not only collected Macross/Robotech but also many other stuffs. Thought Macross/Robotech forms a small part of my collection but it is one of the two toy cartoon/toy lines that gave me most childhood memories. Here is my display collection link.

//s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/edwinckk1977/Toy%20Collection/

I know that both Macross and Robotech are different. I did watch both. But it is these vintage 80s toys that I played and cherish most. Unfortunately non of those in my collection are my childhood toys. When the VF19 came out, I'm past my toy playing years. :look:

Wow, you've got a massive collection. And a big variety too!

I too prefer the TV version with daedalus and the other ship instead of two armds.
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
Its big, its look seriously good and the price tag was impressive EXPENSIVE. If it come out the TV series version, it would gladly buy it but too bad its the movie edition, which i got the WAVE version lao. :p

I'm not sure if i can buy it even if they came out with the TV version. I got Macross Quarter, it was quite painful on the wallet. >_<
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Ya, Macross Quarter was expensive. The most expensive toy in the macross F series. hehehe
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Seriously was Macross Quarter that expensive? I dunno cause my brother gave it to me as a wedding gift. Must have seriously emptied the poor boy's banking account.. hemm....

I hate YAMATO!!! Why cant they revert back to the tv series edition.. I seriously dun like the movie ver... sheesh.....
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Seriously was Macross Quarter that expensive? I dunno cause my brother gave it to me as a wedding gift. Must have seriously emptied the poor boy's banking account.. hemm....

I hate YAMATO!!! Why cant they revert back to the tv series edition.. I seriously dun like the movie ver... sheesh.....

No expensive lah, MAcross Quarter cost price is $330, as for the 1/3000 SDF1 cost price is $520. Very CHEAP lah ... :s13:

Too expensive for a most ppl to own a SDF-1
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top