MARI invest

Lè Crayons

Master Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
3,288
Reaction score
2,155
Yes it isn't capital & Interest guaranteed.

For capital: the only way you lose your capital is if MariBank & the parent company goes into bankrupcy.
For annual interest: It fluctuates so far between 3.5-4.1% daily, which is considerably still a good return.
I kena negative return before and capital was deducted instead of receiving interest for the day. Just sharing my experience so far.
 

kidoleo

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
I kena negative return before and capital was deducted instead of receiving interest for the day. Just sharing my experience so far.
I have been using Mari Invest since 20 Jan 2024. I have tallied my interest gained & my deposits. It tallies. Since I have put in my capital, there is not a single transaction that shows deduction of capital.
 
Last edited:

kidoleo

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
20k good enough for me when interest rate on the down hill trend now.
It's good to diversify. Nobody knows when will these company go bankrupt. But I would trust MariBank more as their parent company is more established & got a digital bank license as well. 4.2% on an unestablished startup, I wouldn't do that. Hodlnaut was regulated by MAS as well, and it went bust.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,154
Reaction score
2,974
It's good to diversify. Nobody knows when will these company go bankrupt. But I would trust MariBank more as their parent company is more established & got a digital bank license as well. 4.2% on an unestablished startup, I wouldn't do that. Hodlnaut was regulated by MAS as well, and it went bust.
Not a like for like comparison. Holdnaut was not a bank. A bank is subject to much more stringent requirements. Also for deposits there is the SDIC.
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,357
Reaction score
4,375
I have been using Mari Invest since 20 Jan 2024. I have tallied my interest gained & my deposits. It tallies. Since I have put in my capital, there is not a single transaction that shows deduction of capital.
NAV PriceDealing DateDate that reflects Return
S$ 1.024620-Mar-2421-Mar-24 Thu (nil)
S$ 1.024821-Mar-2422-Mar-24 Fri (double)
S$ 1.024722-Mar-2425-Mar-24 Mon (neg)
S$ 1.025025-Mar-2426-Mar-24 Tue (triple)
S$ 1.025126-Mar-2427-Mar-24 Wed
S$ 1.025127-Mar-2428-Mar-24 Thu (nil)

$1.0247 (fri) - $1.0248 (thu) = -$0.0001 (neg return reflected on mon)

$1.0251 (wed) - $1.0251 (tue) = $0 (no return will be reflected on thu)
check 25 mar.
2023 also had a neg return.
 
Last edited:

Lè Crayons

Master Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
3,288
Reaction score
2,155
I have been using Mari Invest since 20 Jan 2024. I have tallied my interest gained & my deposits. It tallies. Since I have put in my capital, there is not a single transaction that shows deduction of capital.
Check 25 Mar 2024
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,357
Reaction score
4,375
Not a like for like comparison. Holdnaut was not a bank. A bank is subject to much more stringent requirements. Also for deposits there is the SDIC.
although mari invest is a bank product, it is not covered by sdic. it is a lion global unit trust held in hsbc.
 
Last edited:

ahchan

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2001
Messages
464
Reaction score
91
Just check Mari app, the returned today (Monday) is $0.00. So means no interest from Fri to Mon ? Because last interest gotten was from thurs..
 

bargin

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
366
Just check Mari app, the returned today (Monday) is $0.00. So means no interest from Fri to Mon ? Because last interest gotten was from thurs..
Interest for Sat and Sunday will be credited on Tuesday. Friday was a Public Holiday, interest for Thurs was 2 times if you noticed.
 

ontodhcp

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
73
Interest for Sat and Sunday will be credited on Tuesday. Friday was a Public Holiday, interest for Thurs was 2 times if you noticed.
The maths doesn't add up, normally on a weekend without public holiday, this is what I observed:
Thu - 1x interest
Fri - 1x interest
Mon - 1x interest
Tue - 3x interest (for Sat, Sun, Tue)

However for last week as Fri was public holiday:
Thu - 2x interest (I assume it was for Fri)
Mon - 0x interest (it shows as $0.00)
If Tmr(Tue) we get 3x interest (Sat, Sun, Tue), there's still a missing interest for today (Mon)
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
The maths doesn't add up, normally on a weekend without public holiday, this is what I observed:
Thu - 1x interest
Fri - 1x interest
Mon - 1x interest
Tue - 3x interest (for Sat, Sun, Tue)

However for last week as Fri was public holiday:
Thu - 2x interest (I assume it was for Fri)
Mon - 0x interest (it shows as $0.00)
If Tmr(Tue) we get 3x interest (Sat, Sun, Tue), there's still a missing interest for today (Mon)
Wait and see lor
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
1,638
Just check Mari app, the returned today (Monday) is $0.00. So means no interest from Fri to Mon ?

Mon - 0x interest (it shows as $0.00)
If Tmr(Tue) we get 3x interest (Sat, Sun, Tue), there's still a missing interest for today (Mon)
Positive gains
No gains
Negative gains

All are possible in MMF

The last time $0.00 happened was on 5th July and negative gains happened on 25 Mar 2024
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
676
The maths doesn't add up, normally on a weekend without public holiday, this is what I observed:
Thu - 1x interest
Fri - 1x interest
Mon - 1x interest
Tue - 3x interest (for Sat, Sun, Tue)

However for last week as Fri was public holiday:
Thu - 2x interest (I assume it was for Fri)
Mon - 0x interest (it shows as $0.00)
If Tmr(Tue) we get 3x interest (Sat, Sun, Tue), there's still a missing interest for today (Mon)
This is a MMF unit trust. NAV can increase, unchanged or decrease during trading days. It is not a savings account which give you daily guaranteed interest :oops:

S$ 1.038805-Aug-24
S$ 1.038906-Aug-24
S$ 1.039107-Aug-24
S$ 1.039108-Aug-24
S$ 1.039412-Aug-24
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top