MARI invest

JetStorm

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
320
My MII total return down $250.

So now I just let it run but the income payout I invest to MISP instead of reinvesting back to MII.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,559
Reaction score
3,241
My MII total return down $250.

So now I just let it run but the income payout I invest to MISP instead of reinvesting back to MII.
So your strategy is use the green colour MISP to slowly help offset the red colour MII. Until MII reach equal sell off MII ?
 

lousylah

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
272
My MII total return down $250.

So now I just let it run but the income payout I invest to MISP instead of reinvesting back to MII.
Good move! almost all Income and Bond funds doing poorly and likely to continue struggling. > very very hard to break-even if dividend reinvested back into the fund
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,867
Reaction score
2,886
MII sibei cui. US 10Y yield spiked up today. Approaching 5% soon.

MII 10 Sep NAV most likely will have sharp drop again.

The time to jump ship is now for 9/11 NAV. 😆
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,867
Reaction score
2,886
100926 MII NAV Price is 8.90 (-0.08). Very sharp drop.

Just put in a sell order for 11 Sep NAV.

Fully exited from this rubbish product. 🤣

More than half of net gains gone. I held for as long as I could but has reached my threshold for downside risk. Breaking the $9.00 level was the last straw.

You truly live up to your name. You are the first to jump ship in Jul 2026 I believe. 🤭

Another caution for STI/MISE. With Fed tightening cycle a pullback may come for stock markets. A repricing of assets is what is happening right now until the dust settles. Hence I will no longer be a bag holder for MII.
 
Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,867
Reaction score
2,886
No more heartache. Based on the historical price movement pattern, the share price has consistently trended lower over time. A truly lapsap product!

Money lost can be earned back. Blessed with good health and mind is most important.

Many years ago I have lost S$30K+ in Forex trading before. We must always practice risk management. Downside protection threshold triggered just proceed and cut. Then move on.
 

geographic

Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
328
Reaction score
219
I saw MariBank 1.88% PA FD still has slots available. The maximum amount is $50k, provided that your other MariBank accounts have a combined balance of $50k or less.
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,867
Reaction score
2,886
I saw MariBank 1.88% PA FD still has slots available. The maximum amount is $50k, provided that your other MariBank accounts have a combined balance of $50k or less.

Demand is waning. MII and MIG dipped until pants drop. No more extra money to put in FDs.

FD investors are behaving like government bond investors. Demanding higher yields. 🤣
 

Prohere7321

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2025
Messages
544
Reaction score
646
Just put in a sell order for 11 Sep NAV.

Fully exited from this rubbish product. 🤣

More than half of net gains gone. I held for as long as I could but has reached my threshold for downside risk. Breaking the $9.00 level was the last straw.

You truly live up to your name. You are the first to jump ship in Jul 2026 I believe. 🤭

Another caution for STI/MISE. With Fed tightening cycle a pullback may come for stock markets. A repricing of assets is what is happening right now until the dust settles. Hence I will no longer be a bag holder for MII.
I lock my MISE profit already by fully exiting as usual, I have a very big cushion. At least I manage to have more than SGD 1000 realised return from MISE, good enough. Will see what’s next, now I am safe.

MII long escaped, keeping my total return at SGD 643.61 probably indefinitely.
 

Prohere7321

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2025
Messages
544
Reaction score
646
IMG-9530.jpg
IMG-9529.jpg
Now even MariBank removed the bar chart showing what you would have today if you invested SGD 10000 with reinvest from one year ago. Because now MII fund performance for 1 year as of now showing -1.28% p.a, worse than MISP fund performance for 1 year which is at +1.36 p.a..
 
Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,867
Reaction score
2,886
I lock my MISE profit already by fully exiting as usual, I have a very big cushion. At least I manage to have more than SGD 1000 realised return from MISE, good enough. Will see what’s next, now I am safe.

MII long escaped, keeping my total return at SGD 643.61 probably indefinitely.

Good that you have seen it coming for STI/MISE pullback.

The pro is always ahead of the game! 🤭
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,867
Reaction score
2,886
IMG-9530.jpg
IMG-9529.jpg
Now even MariBank removed the bar chart showing what you would have today if you invested SGD 10000 with reinvest from one year ago. Because now MII fund performance for 1 year as of now showing -1.28% p.a, worse than MISP fund performance for 1 year which is at +1.36 p.a..

MII really lasup product to the max! 👎
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top