May 2013 BTO

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Estimated Delivery Possession Date is the date that HDB is required under the Agreement for Lease to deliver possession of the flat. Applicants will be informed the Actual Delivery Possession Date during the signing of the Agreement for Lease.

Layman term: Means estimated delivery possession date is the date i die die need to move in by then right?

Means once completion (estimated completion date) = start renovation and by the estimated delivery possession date i need to move in and stay inside?

Btw, will HDB inform when the exact estimated completion date?

Estimated Delivery Possession Date is whereby HDB is required under the contract to deliver the flats to the applicant.

Doesnt mean u die die have to move in.(Why wouldnt you after waiting for a few years?) Unless u have financial difficulties which u have to work out with HDB. It simply means they have to complete the flat and pass u the keys.

Estimated completion date is tentative for now. Will change depending on the progress of construction.You can take 10 years to renovate, they dont care as long as u take possession and start ur payment.

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Estimated Delivery Possession Date is whereby HDB is required under the contract to deliver the flats to the applicant.

Doesnt mean u die die have to move in.(Why wouldnt you after waiting for a few years?) Unless u have financial difficulties which u have to work out with HDB. It simply means they have to complete the flat and pass u the keys.

Estimated completion date is tentative for now. Will change depending on the progress of construction.You can take 10 years to renovate, they dont care as long as u take possession and start ur payment.

hey dude, thanks for explaining.

then when can we start renovating the house? is only after we took the keys?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey dude, thanks for explaining.

then when can we start renovating the house? is only after we took the keys?

Estimated completion date is a gd indicator of the date they will ask u to collect the keys..And yes, only after u sign the rest of the documents and get the keys then u can start renovating..

slashmylove

Reaction score
Sembawang like so under subscribed, donno will build or not leh. Those applying for sbw, looking at eastbrook, eastbank or eastwave?

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Estimated completion date is a gd indicator of the date they will ask u to collect the keys..And yes, only after u sign the rest of the documents and get the keys then u can start renovating..

Another question, i read this from HDB website

If you are eligible for and taking a housing loan from HDB, you will pay the 10% down payment (using CPF savings, CPF Housing Grant or cash) as follows:
5% at the time of signing of the Agreement for Lease
balance 5% at the time of keys collection.

So let's say by then i sign the agreement for lease i require to pay balance 5% at the time of keys collection. Do i be able to pay more than that 5% ? since by the we sign and take keys will be 5 years time.

cos i was thinking like can pay whatever we have in cpf first instead of that just 5%. mai owe hdb loan too much lol!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another question, i read this from HDB website

If you are eligible for and taking a housing loan from HDB, you will pay the 10% down payment (using CPF savings, CPF Housing Grant or cash) as follows:
5% at the time of signing of the Agreement for Lease
balance 5% at the time of keys collection.

So let's say by then i sign the agreement for lease i require to pay balance 5% at the time of keys collection. Do i be able to pay more than that 5% ? since by the we sign and take keys will be 5 years time.

cos i was thinking like can pay whatever we have in cpf first instead of that just 5%. mai owe hdb loan too much lol!

It would be 5%(remaining downpay) + the remainder..Total wipe out..Then the rest after total wipeout of CPF would be the loan amt.

Last edited:

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Sembawang like so under subscribed, donno will build or not leh. Those applying for sbw, looking at eastbrook, eastbank or eastwave?

i also cant decide whether eastbrook or eastbank or eastwave...
feel like find fengshui master ask them choose for me LOL!!!!

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
You can take 10 years to renovate, they dont care as long as u take possession and start ur payment.

Technically Wrong, you will be given a notice that you are given 3 or 4 mths window to complete your renovation upon keys collection. Some renovation works will require the application of reno permits, which the contractor will settle.

Unless HDB unit leasee delay keys collection.

Btw, will HDB inform when the exact estimated completion date?

ECD will be stated when you apply. That date will change nearer to completion. You can check on hdb website after you login. Normally, It takes 9 - 12 mths to stablise the ground and foundation works. Thereafter about 3weeks to complete 1 floor. So construction time will depend on how many levels for the blks.

After the roof is completed, normally it takes 12 mths for the internal fittings like power sockets, SCV points , pipings , kitchen / bathroom walls/floor tiles etc. After this, normally the hoardings will be replace by metal barricades , blk by blk , signalling that the inspections for 3rd party inspectors.

Keys will be released in batches , again, blk by blk. About 3 - 4 mths before the actual release of keys for the blk, you will receive the letter for HLE application again. To reaccess the Loan eligibility. The PCD will change in the hdb portal. Once the inspections are completed for the blk, the ECD will be changed the 2nd time, and dates are firmed up once blk inspected / retification works.

Just sharing my experience in collecting the keys to my unit last yr.

Of course you can only renovate your unit after keys collection. Else how do you access your unit / prevent theft during renovation ?

Just remember, new flats have a " Media Box " on the wall that the door is located. Along the same or adjacent wall, there will be a power pt built in. Most people will build a shoe cabinet there. Just make sure you instruct the contractor NOT to block the media box and power point. Just have a opening in the shoe cabinet to access the media box door. If you are intending to install Fibre internet, you will need to access that media box and Power point for the ONT . Had seen neighbours dunno what is that, and sealed off, and sealed off the power point too and regretted big time when trying to install the TP.

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
i also cant decide whether eastbrook or eastbank or eastwave...
feel like find fengshui master ask them choose for me LOL!!!!

Wait until you get a good Q number first. If your number is ****ty, no use for FSM.

COnfirm can choose a unit first, then see which unit if suitable for you and spouse

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically Wrong, you will be given a notice that you are given 3 or 4 mths window to complete your renovation upon keys collection. Some renovation works will require the application of reno permits, which the contractor will settle.

ECD will be stated when you apply. That date will change nearer to completion. You can check on hdb website after you login. Normally, It takes 9 - 12 mths to stablise the ground and foundation works. Thereafter about 3weeks to complete 1 floor. So construction time will depend on how many levels for the blks.

After the roof is completed, normally it takes 12 mths for the internal fittings like power sockets, SCV points , pipings , kitchen / bathroom walls/floor tiles etc. After this, normally the hoardings will be replace by metal barricades , blk by blk , signalling that the inspections for 3rd party inspectors.

Keys will be released in batches , again, blk by blk. About 3 - 4 mths before the actual release of keys for the blk, you will receive the letter for HLE application again. To reaccess the Loan eligibility. The PCD will change in the hdb portal. Once the inspections are completed for the blk, the ECD will be changed the 2nd time, and dates are firmed up once blk inspected / retification works.

Of course you can only renovate your unit after keys collection. Else how do you access your unit / prevent theft during renovation ?

Just remember, new flats have a " Media Box " on the wall that the door is located. Along the same or adjacent wall, there will be a power pt built in. Most people will build a shoe cabinet there. Just make sure you instruct the contractor NOT to block the media box and power point. Just have a opening in the shoe cabinet to access the media box door. If you are intending to install Fibre internet, you will need to access that media box and Power point for the ONT . Had seen neighbours dunno what is that, and sealed off, and sealed off the power point too and regretted big time when trying to install the TP.

Thank you for the correction.. :D

And yes, seen that media box over at my frens place before..Exactly what i told him when setting up his home network. Wonder how he did it eventually as i haven visited his home yet..

EmoFaith

Reaction score

Thanks dude for the information.

How long did you took to do your renovation? Did you opt for the optional component scheme mah? or you get your own contractor to do the tiles etc.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude for the information.

How long did you took to do your renovation? Did you opt for the optional component scheme mah? or you get your own contractor to do the tiles etc.

My advise if u can afford it..Get ur own tiles..

EmoFaith

Reaction score
My advise if u can afford it..Get ur own tiles..

actually i am v tempted to get my own tiles... like marble those..

but worried wil be expensive like hell esp 5 years down the road..inflation..the prices of tiles sure increase...

sad! =( dont like the feeling of being 'chopped'

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i am v tempted to get my own tiles... like marble those..

but worried wil be expensive like hell esp 5 years down the road..inflation..the prices of tiles sure increase...

sad! =( dont like the feeling of being 'chopped'

Inflation on necessity more likely to hurt ur pockets than tiles.. :s13:

I'm glad that this BTO is standard and not premium although i like the full height windows for living and 3/4 for rooms that the premium flat comes with..But then again, at least i get to choose my own tiles..

If you dont like to pay more, spend more time looking for individual contractors..Getting a ID can mark up the price by 5-6k or more..My wife use to work as a admin in a small ID firm..She knows their commission..But the gd thing is, she kept a list of individual contractors.. :s13:

Last edited:

Winterhearts

Reaction score

Sembawang the fengshui not good.
From what I hear, near the park and beach, the place there 'dirty'.
That place got many people throw 'unwanted things'.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.