[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.


It seems like my other monitor may have similar problem soon. It blinked about 2-3 times over the last 1 week. Think I may just order another power adapter for standby.
 

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
6,480
Reaction score
0
even if you buy a renowned brand monitor you are paying for better support, doesn't mean it won't fail you...
 

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
U only have to look at the Acer predator thread on this first page... $1000 panel and u get issues too.
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244
Seems like the GTX1080 gfx card can.


Don't think so bro :)
For max settings at 4K it cannot sustain 60fps all the time. I run GTA5 and I have to tone down my MSAA to 2x and ill get around 45 to 60 fps. Still playable.. but you can feel occasional stutter at complex scenes.

Fifa16 on the hand... could run 4K 60fps on my gtx970.. hehe
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
does anyone own a crossover 27v? $522 on qoo10. Would like to know your input, thanks guys

Personally, I would rather go for Dell U2717D @ $735 with 5yrs warranty on-site. This model has very thin bezel too.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Wah lau ...... 我中毒了. After watching this ....



Qoo10 selling about $970!

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/WASABI-MA...UHD490-REAL-4K-SERIES-40-43-49-INCH/426008568

I actually measure and my table can fit!! My table has a top shelf and it is 700mm. The 49" monitor is 678mm!

When you play game, do you play at 4K or 2K or Full HD?

does anyone own a crossover 27v? $522 on qoo10. Would like to know your input, thanks guys

Personally, I would rather go for Dell U2717D @ $735 with 5yrs warranty on-site. This model has very thin bezel too.

alright thanks. I'll keep that into consideration:)

I am running dual monitor now. So if any of the monitor were to fail / spoil, I would get this 49" 4K monitor liao.

And if I am going to spend $735, I would definitely go for this 49" behemoth instead. I just need one of this, which will be equivalent 4 x 24" full HD monitor.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
@i1magic Hehe now I itchy wanna get a curved 4k 50-55" "monitor". Anyway heads up, you will have so much screen real estate that windows management will be a challenge, windows 10 is quite good but I use another program to help out more.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
@i1magic Hehe now I itchy wanna get a curved 4k 50-55" "monitor". Anyway heads up, you will have so much screen real estate that windows management will be a challenge, windows 10 is quite good but I use another program to help out more.

Wah lau .... si bei rich leh you.

I am ok with more screen real estate. What do you mean by "windows management will be a challenge"? Could you elaborate on this?
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Using Windows you can only snap windows into quarters, taking 1/4 of the screen but at 4k 100% scaling I find the windows for e.g Google Chrome is still too big. I personally find 1/6th my ideal size, so in this case the wibdow edges won't snap and lock. Google displayfusion and aquasnap, I use aquasnap. These apps help with that plus more.
 
Last edited:

didymus

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2001
Messages
889
Reaction score
66
hello.. can anyone advise which model best for 27" 1440p from crossover? and which online site to buy? :p

thanks
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
hello.. can anyone advise which model best for 27" 1440p from crossover? and which online site to buy? :p

thanks

I think if you wait for the the qoo10 coupon discount might be cheaper. But greater variety of models/sellers on ebay
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
I've always been recommending korean monitors. Not crossover though, QNIX is just so much cheaper albeit the questionable quality at times.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top