[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Don't think so bro :)
For max settings at 4K it cannot sustain 60fps all the time. I run GTA5 and I have to tone down my MSAA to 2x and ill get around 45 to 60 fps. Still playable.. but you can feel occasional stutter at complex scenes.

Fifa16 on the hand... could run 4K 60fps on my gtx970.. hehe

fifa 17 sure cannot :s13:
 

william910

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
177
Reaction score
1
CrossOver really not bad. i had one set of 27 inch 2560x1440 and i bought during 2012 till now still working.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.


Ok. The fault of this is the power adapter spoiling.

I managed to find the power adapter on eBay :
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/4-Pin-24...pply-/291755524270?hash=item43edfc00ae&_uhb=1

But sadly, it doesn't work when I received it. I found that that the problem was with the polarity of the 4 pin connector.

This is the polarity of the power adapter :



NOTE : Both left side are +ve

But the polarity of the power adapter I got, is this :



NOTE : Both top side are +ve

The polarity are wrong.
 
Last edited:

th3pr0

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
Looks good. But at $560, it is on the high side already. Considering Dell UltraSharp U2717D 27" 2560 x 1440 selling $730 with local 5yrs 1 to 1 Exchange warranty.

The difference is $170 only.

but it doesn't have 144hz for the dell monitor. correct me if i'm wrong, the only monitor that can be compare will be the acer 27 inch
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Looks good. But at $560, it is on the high side already. Considering Dell UltraSharp U2717D 27" 2560 x 1440 selling $730 with local 5yrs 1 to 1 Exchange warranty.

The difference is $170 only.

but it doesn't have 144hz for the dell monitor. correct me if i'm wrong, the only monitor that can be compare will be the acer 27 inch

I don't know the specs but you should be right.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. The fault of this is the power adapter spoiling.

I managed to find the power adapter on eBay :
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/4-Pin-24...pply-/291755524270?hash=item43edfc00ae&_uhb=1

But sadly, it doesn't work when I received it. I found that that the problem was with the polarity of the 4 pin connector.

This is the polarity of the power adapter :



NOTE : Both left side are +ve

But the polarity of the power adapter I got, is this :



NOTE : Both top side are +ve

The polarity are wrong.

So out of desperation and with the help of a guy I know, I have to do some DIY work.



It worked!!

So just to test it out and get an power adapter as standby, I bought this power adapter (with output 24V 5A but NOT the 4 pin connector) :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...32576130140.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.oVa1d1

For about SGD$17.20 (now price has gone up, so you may want to search for another)

Vs the one I got from EBay which is about SGD$40!

Got it and connected the 4 pin connector to this power adapter and it works flawlessly.
 
Last edited:

defineblack

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Wah lau ...... 我中毒了. After watching this ....



Qoo10 selling about $970!

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/WASABI-MA...UHD490-REAL-4K-SERIES-40-43-49-INCH/426008568

I actually measure and my table can fit!! My table has a top shelf and it is 700mm. The 49" monitor is 678mm!

When you play game, do you play at 4K or 2K or Full HD?


Hi bros.. this 49" is really poison.. question.. any idea if i can connect this beast to an Imac 27 inch late 2013?

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Thinking if I should get this 49" + a new cpu or save some $ and connect it to the Imac (currently running windows 10 in bootcamp)..
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Hi bros.. this 49" is really poison.. question.. any idea if i can connect this beast to an Imac 27 inch late 2013?

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Thinking if I should get this 49" + a new cpu or save some $ and connect it to the Imac (currently running windows 10 in bootcamp)..

I think you can but you won't be able to play game decently on this. Even my GTX970 4GB also cannot.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Playing BF1's campaign in 2160p Ultra settings, AA off on the Wasabi Mango 49". 50+ to 62 FPS range on a Gtx1070. Multiplayer have to drop to 1440p to maintain 60+fps.
 
Last edited:

defineblack

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
I think you can but you won't be able to play game decently on this. Even my GTX970 4GB also cannot.

thanks alot, wont be playing game much on this rig, so should be fine!

any idea how to get the qoo10 $100 voucher? looking to order it!
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Playing BF1's campaign in 2160p Ultra settings, AA off on the Wasabi Mango 49". 50+ to 62 FPS range on a Gtx1070. Multiplayer have to drop to 1440p to maintain 60+fps.

Wah .... I am playing Warface, it's free. Play lah.
 

turboo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
993
Reaction score
9
is there any RELIABLE korean monitor that is similar to the u2715h or p2715Q? realised that most brands have jacked up their prices since I last bought them in 2013. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top