[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
is there any RELIABLE korean monitor that is similar to the u2715h or p2715Q? realised that most brands have jacked up their prices since I last bought them in 2013. :(

Qoo10 $100 off coupons should be out for those looking to get monitors. Please refer to the qoo10 thread.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Haha I think I tried it before. Didn't really hook me. Titanfall 2 should be good, with a 49" you'll feel super powderful when in the titans lol

Uncle like me like the conventional army FPS games. Titanfall 2, I feel is more advance but not my kind of game.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Playing BF1's campaign in 2160p Ultra settings, AA off on the Wasabi Mango 49". 50+ to 62 FPS range on a Gtx1070. Multiplayer have to drop to 1440p to maintain 60+fps.

Wah lau .... think need a GTX 1080 to run 4K liao!
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Qoo10 $100 off coupons should be out for those looking to get monitors. Please refer to the qoo10 thread.

Checked but can't find.

But just curious, how is this Wasabi Mango 49" compared to Xiaomi Mi TV 2 49"? Both are 60Hz right?
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Wah lau .... think need a GTX 1080 to run 4K liao!

I OC-ed my 1070 to quite close to stock 1080. But if you really wanna run 4K and not 100% load your GPU constantly then a Titan or 1080Ti. Even then 4K is not a standard for every game, depends on its game engine and how well optimised it is. Otherwise I drop to 1440p which is fine to my eyes still.

Checked but can't find.

But just curious, how is this Wasabi Mango 49" compared to Xiaomi Mi TV 2 49"? Both are 60Hz right?

I think they are similar, just that the WM runs a typical and pretty good monitor board by Mstar if I recall correctly thus eliminating any potential input lag. Plus you get DP, HDMI and a USB 3.0 hub. Not saying the Xiaomi has input lag cos changing to 'Game Mode' will help, never tested it though. It's almost impossible to get a chance to test both models side by side.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I OC-ed my 1070 to quite close to stock 1080. But if you really wanna run 4K and not 100% load your GPU constantly then a Titan or 1080Ti. Even then 4K is not a standard for every game, depends on its game engine and how well optimised it is. Otherwise I drop to 1440p which is fine to my eyes still.



I think they are similar, just that the WM runs a typical and pretty good monitor board by Mstar if I recall correctly thus eliminating any potential input lag. Plus you get DP, HDMI and a USB 3.0 hub. Not saying the Xiaomi has input lag cos changing to 'Game Mode' will help, never tested it though. It's almost impossible to get a chance to test both models side by side.

Oic. I don't overclock now. Last time younger days, yes.

Xiaomi Mi TV 2 49" also got a few HDMI and USB 2.0/3.0 port but IIRC no DP.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Oic. I don't overclock now. Last time younger days, yes.

Xiaomi Mi TV 2 49" also got a few HDMI and USB 2.0/3.0 port but IIRC no DP.

Nowadays OC not like last time man, relatively easy and automated. See our join dates can tell which era of OC we belong too.

From my understanding, that's the main difference between why you call it a TV or a monitor even if they use the same LG IPS panel. TV has a tuner and their scalar board does post processing to improve image quality etc (unless disabled mostly, sometimes not all) which add to input lag. If you use the old crossover monitor doesn't even have a input scalar (I think that's what it's called) and only accept direct DVI-D source even with adaptors no signal.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Nowadays OC not like last time man, relatively easy and automated. See our join dates can tell which era of OC we belong too.

From my understanding, that's the main difference between why you call it a TV or a monitor even if they use the same LG IPS panel. TV has a tuner and their scalar board does post processing to improve image quality etc (unless disabled mostly, sometimes not all) which add to input lag. If you use the old crossover monitor doesn't even have a input scalar (I think that's what it's called) and only accept direct DVI-D source even with adaptors no signal.

Yes, I know. I just feel that pushing the hardware to 20%-30% harder but only get maybe 10% gain in performance is not justifiable. Also, the % of time that we are going to actually even utilise that kind of performance will be even lesser.

So I just leave everything stock.
 

turboo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
993
Reaction score
9
Qnix is cheapest, but with PWM dimming thingy. (Some users complain of headache)

Crossover 2795 is most acceptable.

just curious - how is Crossover2795QHD compared to 27Q? Are the panels exactly the same? Also, is there a glossy version of 2795?
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0

Teng Zai

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
845
Reaction score
0
Hi all, recently looking into the 27 FAST 144, anyone bought it yet can share how good it is?

Currently still using my Crossover 27Q LED bought back in 2012-13. 4 years and going strong, perfect panel and almost no BLB. Wanna upgrade and have a good impression on Crossover but not sure if they still maintaining the same quality through these years.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Hi all, recently looking into the 27 FAST 144, anyone bought it yet can share how good it is?

Currently still using my Crossover 27Q LED bought back in 2012-13. 4 years and going strong, perfect panel and almost no BLB. Wanna upgrade and have a good impression on Crossover but not sure if they still maintaining the same quality through these years.

You are one of the lucky ones. I bought 2 x CrossOver 27Q in May 2012. In Jan 2014, one of them got a spoilt LED Driver board. Contacted one of the seller and managed to get the replacement board for about SGD$60. Then in Jun 2016, one of them got a spoilt power adapter. Managed to get a replacement for about SGD$40.

Other than that, this monitor is really value for $$.

Now I am thinking whether should I just get a Wasabi Mango 49" 4K monitor. If I get that, I will have to get a GTX 1080 graphics card too. Very heavy investment!
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
You are one of the lucky ones. I bought 2 x CrossOver 27Q in May 2012. In Jan 2014, one of them got a spoilt LED Driver board. Contacted one of the seller and managed to get the replacement board for about SGD$60. Then in Jun 2016, one of them got a spoilt power adapter. Managed to get a replacement for about SGD$40.

Other than that, this monitor is really value for $$.

Now I am thinking whether should I just get a Wasabi Mango 49" 4K monitor. If I get that, I will have to get a GTX 1080 graphics card too. Very heavy investment!

Lol can just get this too :s22::s22::s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top