[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Update on this. Don't buy from goni global on qoo10. Quite certain something is wrong. Till now I haven't Recieve my item. Its been 3 weeks! Takes them 3 days to reply a simple message.

going to get a refund. Don't buy from goni global!

They want you to cancel at your end so that they dun get penalised. Perhaps the selling price cant cover their costs.
 

PholkLorr

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
31
did u all get yr monitor from goni global in the end?

Is the crossover FAST 144hz 27" 1440p really IPS panel? Thats half the price of all the mainstream 27" 1440p IPS brands.

Considering this one vs XB271HU and its counterparts. Freesync/Gsync not important.

And when you order from Qoo10, do you have to choose the Singapore Plug option (+$9)? Or use your own home adapter can liao?
 
Last edited:

DarkConner123

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
how about the Massdrop Vast 35-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor ? its having a drop now but delivery will only be next year haha
 

kensou

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
8
I got my Crossover 27 fast 144 from goni global. After a gruesome experience, receiving it with screen problem had to send it back to repair and come back (took 1month) total time taken 3-4 months from the time I ordered.

Guess what? It does not reach 1440p 144hz, the max i can go is 1080p 120hz. Currently using 1440p @ 60hz. Trying to figure out is it my problem or I got a lemon monitor
 

kensou

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
8
After gruesome testing, I managed to create 1080p 144hz using nVidia's customised mode.. still can't achieve 1440p 144hz. I have 0 clue on monitor timings
 

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
5,207
Reaction score
11
After gruesome testing, I managed to create 1080p 144hz using nVidia's customised mode.. still can't achieve 1440p 144hz. I have 0 clue on monitor timings
gruesome testing? :o
cfm ur using displayport not dvi...?
 

kensou

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
8
gruesome testing? :o
cfm ur using displayport not dvi...?

at first i thought it's their DP cable problem, so I go challenger buy 1 more to try.. in the end CMI..

yea quite gruesome, I took alot of time to google search. And nvidia customised display testing sometimes black screen for a good 5mins, so I had to wait and wait before I can continue.

Take a look at this ba..
unknown.png
 

kensou

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
8
wah u tested single monitor oso cannot?
dunno abt dual monitor setups...

does it matter??

I really have no idea sia, i don't have another 144hz monitor to see if its this monitor problem.
 
Last edited:

Dontakemecereal-lie

Senior Member
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
0
harro all

i have a crossover 27fast 144hz monitor with display port for rx460

when i try to enable amd freesync in the monitor settings, the monitor shuts down until i disable it again.

anyone knows why?
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,961
Reaction score
2,571
anyone knows what's faulty over here?

monitor has been powering off and on by itself this few days and i bought this monitor only for 2 mths. -.-

Using Crossover 2714UD.
 

MeetYourTea

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
1,075
Reaction score
122
after 1 year , on closer look I noticed my Qnix have black bar or border at the top
bottom about 3 to 5 pixels hidden
then I realized it's because the plastic bezel too poor quality not straight line or after 1 year of shaking on table the internal panel slightly droop downwards on the right

some small sacrifices for cheap 1440p

buy Acer XB271HU.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
anyone knows what's faulty over here?

monitor has been powering off and on by itself this few days and i bought this monitor only for 2 mths. -.-

Using Crossover 2714UD.


Should be power adapter problem. Try changing it.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I bought 2 x CrossOver 27Q in May 2012.

Glad that both lasted till now. Actually one of them got a failed LED backlight PCB, which I managed to get it replaced.

One of the power adapter spoilt also and I replaced it.


On 12 Jul 2018, my other monitor's power adapter spoilt. Thankfully, I already got a spare 24V 5A power adapter, so change it and it is working again.


Now, I got a good problem. Both of this monitor are using Dual DVI. I am using Zotac GTX 970 8GB now and this graphic card has 2 x Dual DVI port. I tried to find a GTX 1070 / 1080 graphic card that has 2 x Dual DVI port but seems like none has it.

So in order for me to upgrade my graphic card, I will have to change both monitor also. I can get "Active DVI to Display Port" converter but they are like $150-$170 each. So really no point.
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
I bought 2 x CrossOver 27Q in May 2012.

Glad that both lasted till now. Actually one of them got a failed LED backlight PCB, which I managed to get it replaced.

One of the power adapter spoilt also and I replaced it.


On 12 Jul 2018, my other monitor's power adapter spoilt. Thankfully, I already got a spare 24V 5A power adapter, so change it and it is working again.


Now, I got a good problem. Both of this monitor are using Dual DVI. I am using Zotac GTX 970 8GB now and this graphic card has 2 x Dual DVI port. I tried to find a GTX 1070 / 1080 graphic card that has 2 x Dual DVI port but seems like none has it.

So in order for me to upgrade my graphic card, I will have to change both monitor also. I can get "Active DVI to Display Port" converter but they are like $150-$170 each. So really no point.


Time to upgrade your monitors too :) Get those Korean monitors with HDMI (the cheapest variant all has HDMI now AFAIK).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top