My first date experience, how should I continue on?

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,797
Reaction score
1,812
too little shared to advice

but raffles place and Chinese restaurant both dont sound like she's serious in the relationship and that she might have many options available

jiayou bro
maybe eat at house of sichuan thats why
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,736
Reaction score
5,330
Then should go where for first date?
My first date with my future wife, i offered to go upscale restaurant at MBS. Nowadays would have costed $100/pax. I was a simp and i wanted to impress her. She declined and we sat at the music fountain outside MBS to talk instead. Total cost of the date, $4, for bus and MRT fare roundtrip.

That's the thing. If a woman is really into you, she will not want you to spend money, because she wants you to save for your future together. The date is for you to talk and get to know each other better. The food is secondary. It's not the focus of the date. If a woman gauges you by how much you willing to spend on her, then you know that this woman is mercenary. She will go with the highest bidder.
 

ribena.bing

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2024
Messages
8,250
Reaction score
7,744
Then should go where for first date?

u need to share about ur demographics and dynamics ma

age? income? interests?

if not based on stereotype i can only assume you guys are late 30s working in cbd and that she might even be ah tiong
 

zueinder

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2009
Messages
8,085
Reaction score
4,865
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
Have. Next one will be deemed a harassment attempt. Then third date go police station.

On a serious note, seems like TS is either trolling or those extremely sheltered person, somehow this is their first time seeing double standards applied.
 

106gunner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
49,043
Reaction score
18,081
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
LOL, first date already request for spilt bill

No wonder she run away 🤣
 

Ubi-Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Messages
35,171
Reaction score
8,100
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?

Did you show her your degree certs?
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,870
Reaction score
12,967
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
10/10 no second date and it was due to you asking to split.

Questions:
1) Who initiated the lunch and who chose the place?
2) Did you tell her in advance that yall gon split for the lunch?
3) How much was the cost per person?
4) Was it weekday lunch and both of you working in the same area?
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,736
Reaction score
5,330
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
Give benefit of doubt lor. Maybe really got emergency. If you like her, text her ask for second date and see what happens. At worse she block you only mah. Not much different from never texting her again because you assumed but didn't get confirmation that she hates you now.

Anyway, all of these is personal preference. Women got 3 kinds.

Type 1 will refuse to let her man pay because she genuinely believes in the "strong, independent woman" image that she has built for herself. Will pull their own weight financially. This type is probably the ideal kind you are looking for, since you asked to split.

Type 2 will only pay their fair share if you ask, but they will hate you for it and later go back home and post on instagram about how worthless and cheapskate sinkie males are. For this type, some genuinely have the tradwife mindset. They adhere to traditional gender roles. Expect to have them serve you hand and foot if you marry them. But this type quite rare in SG la. IF you are okay with traditional gender roles, this type actually not bad also.

Type 3 is the faux "strong independent women", They will behave like type 2, except they don't actually believe in traditional gender roles. They just want whatever benefits them. They are feminists when it comes to workplace and gender rights, but they become tradwives when the bill comes. Stay far far away from this kind. They have no principles and no morals. They are selfish and manipulative and will sway whichever way maximises their own benefit, not just in this matter, but in all choices in life.

Anyway, to avoid wasting your time and money, it's good to ask your date about their opinion on going dutch, before going on that date.
 

Jaylim123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2018
Messages
6,372
Reaction score
1,044
My first date with my future wife, i offered to go upscale restaurant at MBS. Nowadays would have costed $100/pax. I was a simp and i wanted to impress her. She declined and we sat at the music fountain outside MBS to talk instead. Total cost of the date, $4, for bus and MRT fare roundtrip.

That's the thing. If a woman is really into you, she will not want you to spend money, because she wants you to save for your future together. The date is for you to talk and get to know each other better. The food is secondary. It's not the focus of the date. If a woman gauges you by how much you willing to spend on her, then you know that this woman is mercenary. She will go with the highest bidder.
So I should avoid this woman lah, since I ask her to pay her own share and she run away
 

Jaylim123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2018
Messages
6,372
Reaction score
1,044
10/10 no second date and it was due to you asking to split.

Questions:
1) Who initiated the lunch and who chose the place?
2) Did you tell her in advance that yall gon split for the lunch?
3) How much was the cost per person?
4) Was it weekday lunch and both of you working in the same area?
Of course is I initiate and chose the place, I didnt tell her in advance and it was about 40+ per person. Weekend lunch
 

106gunner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
49,043
Reaction score
18,081
Give benefit of doubt lor. Maybe really got emergency. If you like her, text her ask for second date and see what happens.

Anyway, all of these is personal preference. Women got 3 kinds.

Type 1 will refuse to let her man pay because she genuinely believes in the "strong, independent woman" image that she has built for herself. This type is probably the ideal kind you are looking for, since you asked to split.

Type 2 will only pay their fair share if you ask, but they will hate you for it and later go back home and post on instagram about how worthless and cheapskate sinkie males are. For this type, some genuinely have the tradwife mindset. They adhere to traditional gender roles. Expect to have them serve you hand and foot if you marry them. But this type quite rare in SG la. IF you are okay with traditional gender roles, this type actually not bad also.

Type 3 is the faux "strong independent women", They will behave like type 2, except they don't actually believe in traditional gender roles. They just want whatever benefits them. They are feminists when it comes to workplace and gender rights, but they become tradwives when the bill comes. Stay far far away from this kind. They have no principles and no morals. They are selfish and manipulative and will sway whichever way maximises their own benefit, not just in this matter, but in all choices in life.

Anyway, to avoid wasting your time and money, it's good to ask your date about their opinion on going dutch, before going on that date.
Whether a woman allow the man to paid, TS shouldn’t be so obvious telling her to spilt bill

If she are those that choose to paid for her own she will

Is fine to request for spilt bill if among friends or acquaintance

But if is dating or someone you like I find it stupid asking for spilt

If can’t afford then dun dine in restaurant
 

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,604
Reaction score
28,787
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?

You already knew this will be the outcome, why you still did that? Now, you just check her Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, reddit posts and pray she did not expose you.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top